Reviews for Machiavellian
Xorncon - Number 0 chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Dang, that ol boy is freaking CRAZY! But still smart for being so crazy for six long bloody months. Great story, and way to capture Brother Blood's character! Bravo!
PureSakuraMelody chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
*Shudders* My, that was good! At the risk of being repetative, I will say that your psychological pieces are the cream of the crop. Poor Robin and Raven! You make it seem like they don't stand a chance, if he gets out. And with determination like that...I'm sure he eventually will. Would be interesting to see you write something based on that idea.

One could go a long way and not find another author like you.
Korgeta chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
What annoys me is that someone can have 200 reviews for an ultimately simple story with the same boring cliché and originality yet gems like these at times get little. I have to agree with Chance O'Neal that this story is a sleeper. Excellently written but rarely checked. Which is a shame because this story is the best blood fic so far, one shot fic or not its a goo read, blood's arrogance and evaluation of the other Titans was done perfectly and amusingly well. He really is the ideal character for monologues because he is one who quite literally likes to talk a lot about himself.

The guard's view of superheroes/meta human battles was a interesting point to make and his theory of raven and robin's connection is a good reference to the haunted episode. It’s a great story and I enjoyed it to the end
Purple Squid chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
My, my. He's quite the ladies' man, no?

Fantastic take on my favorite character, can't wait to read more from you!
Chance O'Neal chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
This is what we call a sleeper: An excellent story, but not that easily checked.

Brother Blood is one of the most complex villains in the Teen Titans series, scond perhaps only to Slade (But any DC fan can read up on DeathStroke), but you seemed able to describe him fully. Always thinking, always planning, always scheming...almost to the point where manipulation is his addiction. I find it odd you make little use of his mental powers, but I suppose there is a reason.

You also did well in his decriptions in the Titans, but maybe you should have made him regard Aqualad and his crew. Or his former students. But like I said, You wrote Blood PERFECTLY. He always carried an aura of knowing and a stature of arrogance, a fact that fits well with him.

My suggestion to you? Continue the chess game, and write a follow-up. Never let writing be hindered by lack of notice.
Fortex chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
How did this fanfic end up with only one review? I suppose there really is no justice in the world. Then again, maybe you should allow anonymous reviews.

Your take on Blood’s character is quite believable, if not insightful. The narration and Blood’s interior monologue are blended together seamlessly.

Whether it’s through Blood’s monologue or his interaction with the guards we’re treated to the nuances of his character. For instance, the assumption of the emerald birthstone is slightly old-fashioned and something 9 out of 10 people would overlook. I don’t want to forget about the reference to chess, which any self-respecting criminal mastermind would be well versed in. And no matter the strength or the value of the person, in Blood’s view they are only pawns.

Finally, while Blood’s thoughts regarding Robin and Raven offer some RxR hints for your loyal fanbase they also parallel some of the comic history involving the three characters, which I found interesting. I enjoyed the entire piece and if you ever write something involving Blood as the major villain I’ll be sure to give it a look.
Rider Paladin chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Interesting story. No wonder people think murderers and terrorists are irredeemable. If they're still scheming even after they're behind bars, then it's pretty obvious they'll never learn. It was interesting to get Blood's perspective on certain events in Teen Titans . . . and quite a treat to hear what normal humans think of the "street fights" between meta-human heroes and villains. Good Hal Jordan reference; isn't he back as Green Lantern and somehow absolved from his deeds because he was really possessed by some demonic parasite? Anyway, I'll see you back at the Forbidden Love shrine.