Reviews for Elboron remembers
sian22 chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
Wonderful...absolutely wonderful.
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Wow, that was one of the more intense involving Faramir and Eowyn's children that I've read. Will you still be continuing it or is it a stand-alone? Keep up the good work!
Cariad-je chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
You make me love her, love them, all of them, precisely because they love each other so.

This is truly beautiful.

Part of it I suppose is the very notion of such a family, then there are the characters in themselves, and the scenes... how do I put it? It's almost as if I feel I've met people like that before, people who could make me wither with the knowledge of their disappointment, and people with such beautiful souls. Every sentence seems just to seep believability (oh I'm making it sound disgusting, but I mean it in a good way)... and your story gives the impression that Elboron is truly simply drawing at will from a vast reservoir of clear water, memories, and for each that you put into words there is an ocean waiting, of love - that I think is what makes it seem all the more real - he's not struggling to find a memory, almost, they just occur to him faster than he can describe them because that's what his childhood was about - at least, that's the impression I get.

And because you're using Elboron as a speaker he's allowed to well, worship his father and turn Faramir into this figure so much larger than life all the more successfully because there doesn't ever arise any misgivings about whether he's overdoing it - it's simply an expectation that he will, the man's his father.

In any case, I've rambled a great deal, forgive me, but this is a beautiful series, thank you.
Kate Swynford chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Lovely story. I'm glad you wrote more for this series.
DeathByMonkees chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
Very good. You write very good, you make it all interesting so that you want to continue to read.
Tracey chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Deandra sent me over to you so I could experience these lovely Firiel stories of yours! What a wonderful beginning!

As a fellow Faramir obsessor, this was just lovely. You really seem to have captured him (through Elboron's eyes of course). I can't wait to move on and through the rest of these. :)
Violin Ghost chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Stunning. You portray them so beautifully, especially Faramir. I love the idea of Firiel being "Faramir’s daughter, the moon-child, the Rose of Ithilien and darling of two kingdoms" and all. The bond she and Faramir shares is so powerful the reader him/herself can feel- it's just to much to put in words... please do NOT make that oneshot, or I swear I'll hunt you down. Ü
Altariel chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
I love seeing Faramir through other people's eyes, and his son is a good choice. Lovely insights into their family life, and into Ithilien in the Fourth Age.
Gypsie Rose chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
This was recommended to me by Lilan. I enjoyed it very much! So many nice bookverse touches here, and a very believable picture of Faramir and Eowyn as parents. I especially liked this bit: "If I displeased him he’d just look disappointed, and if you think that wasn’t much of a punishment, it’s because you don’t know Father." The thought of Faramir looking at me with disappointment would certainly upset ME, and he's not my father! Anyway, a very nice job and I'm looking forward to checking out your other work.

-Rose
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
I do hope you're going to add more! I really enjoyed this. You have such lively, likeable characters, and I like how Elboron sees so clearly into Faramir and Firiel's hearts. Hurry and post more!
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
I liked this piece; it reads as though it could easily flow from the memories of Faramir's son. But it feels like it should be part of a larger work.

I liked the bit about Ithilien and Minas Tirith each feeling that Faramir belonged to them - very credible.

Firiel is a special child, just like Faramir. She sounds like she will have a storied life...
Arahiril chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Wonderful! Really. Wow. Just wonderful.
Peradan chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Nesta - I love your view of the family, and Elboron's awe as well as love of his father. Also the relationship between Faramir and Fíriel is remarkably evocative, particularly with Elboron's clear-eyed third-person view; your Fíriel is a fascinating character - in some ways so like Faramir, in some ways so unlike ... how I imagine Faramir would have been if he'd been allowed. She too has that "elvish" light of Eärendil quality. Your Éowyn is very lovable; the image of her giving Aragorn "what for" was hilarious and completely in character, once they got over the inevitable awkardness. The possessiveness of all of Faramir's "people" was excellent, and very much what I for one always imagined.
Lilan chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
“It’s hard to know where to begin.” Indeed, with a story that beautiful. It is so true to life, that the first memories of a child are sounds and colours, and then come people.

The picture of a family you have painted is awesome, and amusing, and moving, and – a thousand other things that usually make up the tapestry of everyday life which is also a wonder. So, it was Éowyn who had to deal out punishment…not an unexpected thing, not at all. So very funny that all, even the King himself, get a piece of her mind “if she thought they deserved it.”

I sincerely hope this is not a one shot, and if it is, then it was most cruel of you to cut us off like that. Please continue with The Family. You will have another faithful reader and reviewer, that is a promise.

Regards,