Reviews for Ninja's Passing
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 1 . 4/27/2016
Even writing from a decade ago - it's not as fluid, the details are overwhelming rather than able to be savored one at a time, but, I am still honored to be able to read this :-) Thank you!
jj chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
wow just wow that was good
Korregidora chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
Oh gosh this made me cry... :( So sad but yet the life (and death) of shinobi.
BugzAttack chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
:o

so powerful, so sad. Now I need a hug.

Normally song lyrics bother me in this is because I suffered through a lot of singing Mary-sues when I first started reading fanfiction. Even without sues, song lyrics are usually just a block of text that I have to scroll through to get to the actual story. You on the other hand tied the story and the song together, and it's is how it should be done. The lyrics actually mean something and added something to the story. The words themselves have some pretty strong imagery and it's AWESOME... but morbid.

I love the last line btw, depressing as it is.
Sefiriot chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
It so happens that as I came across this story "Passage" came up on my playlist. I salute you two for a deft adaptation of the lyrics; the mood from the story was just right.
Sniper Artist chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Very powerful and poetic. I felt that pain for a moment. This story can really help people with other fics if it were interpreted correctly. You can't just kill someone out of convenience, even if it is just a story. People who write like that forget that this is what they were writing about. This is what happens when you kill another soldier. That soldier that is killed could have possibly had a family. If he or she died then this would happen. This one little short story about a random ninja dying is this painful. If it were multiplied by hundreds more than...that pain would be out of this world. I guess Nagato was right after all. Killing another just breeds more hatred and you will be killed in a never ending cycle.

In another case, this was beautiful...in a haunting way.

~Sniper Artist
Gentle Kit chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
This was really touching and mournful. I listened to the song "Passage" after reading it, and looking back the songs really adds that extra sad, haunting feel to it. Very nicely done.
B'stard chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Great oneshot.
Aomushi chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Brutally real. I love the song, and how it is both a dirge and a lullaby. I heard it as a dirge, but that's probably just the army brat in me. *laughs* Five stars!
Anyjen chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
That was incredibly sad and deep...
OSYH chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Definitely heartbreaking, and yet the last line reminds you that that's how the life of a shinobi is, and that there is tragedy and apathy with eveyr killing. This made me think, so thanks, I guess. XD
hA-UkA chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Very realistic.
Animeaddict666 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
I think the most heart-wrenching line was, "She never made it home." The emotions of this piece were already strong before that line hit me like a punch to the gut. Great work.
DragonShine chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
I can't fix a good tune to the song. The story is good though...
Bookie-Sensei chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
OMG! This made me cry! That is the 4th tie i've cried today! All from fanfiction!