Reviews for Beyond the Black
cute... real cute... ;)
Hilary Parker chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Another great story!
SusanMarieS chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
wonderful idea. thank you for the story.
Gorram.Doll chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Ok, now that was just mean!

I was beginning to tear up!
Somewhat Less Ultimate Aries chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I'm not a big fan of Jayne/River pairings, and I was somewhat put-off by the appaling lack of Chinese in this one, but otherwise you've got yourself a loyal fan.

I look forward to reading the sequal to figure out how Jayne the idiot and River the psychopath are going to make it without everyone else's guidance.

And I'll miss Wash and Book, too, but that much I can get over.
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
This was really good! I enjoyed the description of grief for each of the crew, how River's loss affected them all. How Jayne made her the box she was resting in and how he hated to see her buried down there.

It was sad and sweet to read how he didn't feel like the ship was home anymore without her so he left. But the best part was finding out she was part of his better offer. Amazing, thanks for the lovely surprise!

-Ellie
strvng chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Very good, I liked the twist at the end
anny chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
I'm so glad you wrote a sequel to this. Very well done.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
Wow...somehow creepy and sweet at the same time...heheh...
dedanaan chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Loved the twist with this one. I knew things weren't as they seemed when the story started off with River's view of being buried. I'd love to see the life they make for themselves and how it would play out if they met the gang in the future.
Caliente chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Ha!

Okay, I must admit, I hate you for making me like this pairing. But now that I do, I've found your fics are more addictive with each one I read! How is that fair, I ask you. ;)

I really enjoyed this one. It's got a real Romeo and Juliet vibe but not all angsty at the same time. The characterizations were golden and I loved it, as per the usual.
L. C. Brotherton chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
This was beautiful! You had me going right up until the end. I was ready to bawl, thank you very much! This was so sweet and soulful!
Neroli chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Oh wow! Just..wow. Not at all what I was expecting. At first I was thinking it would be a sad but lovely Jayne grieving piece, then thinking it would be a sad, creepy but lovely necrophilia piece...LOL
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
Now that was...GREAT! First I teared up, then I was creeped out, and then I was just...that was great! Did not see that coming. Bravo!
bugchicklv chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
Lovely as always. The way that Simon seemed to hate Jayne, I almost believe that he would rather River be dead than with Jayne, so this is totally believable. Everyone else may have balked at the idea of "Rayne", but eventually come to grips with it; River knew Simon never would and she knew him thinking her dead would hurt less over the long run. And of course Jayne can keep her safe from the Alliance...we hope. Excellent work!