Reviews for Overload
Great
Wise Gear have he own comic book he can be a new comic book character
Great
Kent Rigel chapter 8 . 3/26/2015
Years and years ago I stumbled across your story and read it, but it must have been back before I created an account on FFnet, because no story alerts. I just rediscovered it by accident and am glad I did.

You've got the characterisations done well, a little bit more grit and realism than the upbeat cartoon-y joke-themed banter of the show but still true to their natures. You've also made the emotions, reactions and behaviour of the characters, in relation to their situation and events, very believable. Though I think it's about time, if there's a moment in the sequence of the plot, for Frieda to pull Richie aside and ask about the whole super-hero career he and Virgil have, maybe mention something like how mad or upset she used to be with them both for ducking out, backing out on plans, breaking promises and so on.

I especially love the hidden plot of what Alva's been up to, Shelley's father's role in it, what has already been done to Madelyn and Richie and so on. Lots of tasty hints to the larger scope of the story plot, without giving it all away, no 'stop the big bad from doing X' because it's a matter of finding out who the players are and what the objective is.

I did think it was odd that Richie didn't press Shelley MORE about what she knew about Alva's operations and her father's work. She just happened to be skulking around investigating the lab her father worked at? If she didn't know that's where he was... what DID lead her there, made her think there was a story? If she did know that's where he worked, then what about her father's work and behaviour made he feel the need to investigate as a journalist? What research, leads and rumours had she unearthed beforehand? Why wasn't she more forthcoming about that in this chapter?

As to the Richie/Madelyn love-hate spat-marathon, it is very entertaining. Reflexively sniping and snapping at each other but clearly each of them has at times enjoyed the sparring. I'm glad you made it realistically slow and gradual, each changing their attitudes to each other a little as time passes, each with the hang-ups, insecurities and obstacles to trusting and opening up to each other, even as allies, let alone friends or more. I do however think it would be funny to read Richie lamenting something along the lines that hormones are perfectly evolved monkey-wrenches that can throw even the most efficient logic-engine brain such as his into total chaos. Because clearly, while he still has plenty of sarcasm and derision for Madelyn's behaviour and attitude, his hormones are aware of other 'redeeming aspects' about her, lol.

If Virgil is going to enter the picture soon, I can't wait to see Frieda's reaction now that she knows who Static is or Static and Madelyn going at each other tooth and nail. If you haven't got the plot all planned out yet, can I suggest that if Richie and company need to get out of sight, lay low or pick up an ally, I always wanted to see more of Nightingale and the other meta-humans living underground in the 4th season episode 'Army of Darkness'.

Anyway, just letting you know that there's someone out there who appreciates your well-written fanfic for an old favourite cartoon series and would always be happy to see more if you continue it at some point. Thanks for what you've already written too.
Randamwriter chapter 8 . 2/20/2014
I do like the work you have been writing I wish there was more of this please continue the story
Nomadic Defender chapter 8 . 1/3/2014
Okay, I'm going to be blunt here. If you want more reviews, make the chapters shorter, and give the story the focus it needs. If you dint have the time to write this story without months in between chapters, then you shouldn't have started it at all. I'm sorry if I sound hurtful. If it's any consolation, the storyline is progressing nicely and the characters aren't OOC. Take my advice and find the time to finish this story.
Nawibo-Ananik chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
Just to let you know, I have been following this story basically since you uploaded the first chapter, so I'm glad you still have interest in finishing this story. Love the character development in this chapter, and I can't wait to see what has been going on in Virgil's, Mr. Hawkins', and Mrs. Foley's side of the story! Happy writing!
Essence-of-Dreamz chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Anyway, it's good to see you and this fanfic again. This new chapter brought back so many old Static Shock and Richie/Madelyn feelings for me, and I hope that you do decide to continue this for at least a bit more!
Essence-of-Dreamz chapter 8 . 8/22/2013
Oh my god

Oh my GODDDD

I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK! :'D
*hugs* I missed you and this story so much! Your writing is still as amazing as ever - simple, yet very effective and descriptive. An your characterizations are still so on point (despite not watching this show for so long).

I really, really loved the final chat between Richie and Madelyn as well. It digs so much deeper into their relationship/connection with each other and adds more zest to the story without adding unneccessary romance
azure blue espeon chapter 8 . 8/5/2013
For the next chapter, can you please include a recap of what happened in the past chapters?
Guest chapter 7 . 2/3/2013
You need to start writing again! I know it's been awhile but this story is simply amazing!
Sara chapter 7 . 11/2/2010
Well I jut started reading and it's great. Since it's been 2 years since your last update I won't be waiting with baited breath for the next one, but I hope you will finish this story, because it's awesome.

Sincerely,

Sara
kitcat chapter 7 . 8/1/2010
This is by far the most creative, interesting StaticShock fanfic I have read. And, no slash for once! Lol. That's refreshing in this fandom! I like the Richie/Madelyn idea. As one other person said, the story goes deeper and deeper with each chapter...it leaves me so excited and wondering what's gonna happen next! This fic is epic, and you should definitely continue it!
Lights aura858 chapter 7 . 7/12/2009
Finally a story with some good old plot and great character description. I know that you haven't updated in a year but please don't give up on this story. It's got great voice and everyone is in character. Plus the suspence is killing me. Once again, great job!
snarky Beth chapter 7 . 5/4/2009
Oh please, PLEASE say you'll continue this? *puppy-dog eyes* Ever since the show came back on TV, I’ve been searching for some good fanfics. This really is one of the most creative, entertaining and believable ones for this show I've read :D

I just love this plot, it's interesting and I'm still left in wonder about what those people were planning to do with Richie and Madelyn. The constant action just keeps my interest and the humor is awesome! BTW; I've actually never considered Richie/Madelyn as a pairing, but the way you write it’s humorously plausible :)

I'm officially adding this story to my alerts and hope to see an update soon. Please don’t leave me hanging _
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »