Reviews for Daughter of the Republic
Elemarth chapter 13 . 8/2/2008
Finally reviewing. This is a great story! Both Jerica and Kirn are interesting and believable. I'm glad we're finally finding out what's bothering Kirn. I love the way we're seeing the movies through another perspective. I can't wait for more!
dudewhowrites07 chapter 13 . 8/9/2005
Jerica better NOT DIE! if u smoke her...i won't like u anymore! haha jk. that happens in life somtimes. things that we DON'T want to happen. no matter wat u do with this lovely piece of work...i will still continue to read it...cuz i have to keep getting up from the floor that i fell onto because i fell off the edge of my seat! That's a work out right there, and what happens next better be worth it! Just don't feel too much pressure to make it that way. )
dudewhowrites07 chapter 10 . 8/9/2005
dude! Kirn's a big baby! jk. i feel for him man...even though that hasn't happened to me,but i can understand his fear...since i teach petrified children how to swim. )
dudewhowrites07 chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
KEEP GOING!...wait..u already did. i'm off to go read ur other chapters. so far i like u lady kelina...and i don't say that to everybody! )
Still Running chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
N
Still Running chapter 13 . 8/6/2005
Hey what's up again. I came up with a new suggestion. Why don't you put more of the "real" characters in to the this story. You have very interesting original characters, who stand on their own very well, but I miss the "real" characters. You hinted at having Luke and Kirn meet and that would be awesome. I think you could do it well. I know some people don't appreciate Original Characters, but you do it really well. Anyway, that's my only suggestion.
MandaSammi chapter 13 . 8/6/2005
I love this chapter! But what an evil cliffhanger! Update soon! I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!
Stelmaria chapter 13 . 8/5/2005
Omigod! HOW COULD YOU END IT THERE? AH! Man... that is the most EVIL cliffhanger I have ever read! *slaps herself* Okay, I'm alright. It's just... that was so good! Wow, what a chapter! Plus, Obi-Wan, Luke and Kirn's past all in one swing. Jeez... you know how to do it girl! A shadow assassin. I like the sound of that, it's all deep and mysterious and Hitokiri Battousai like. That's from Rurouni Kenshin, in case you don't watch anime. :)(: Also, I noticed you revised your chapter, to change it a little. But there are still some word or grammer mistakes. Just little things that someone like me doesn't care about in the least, but your English teacher would notice. :P Do you have a beta? Maybe you mentioned this before or something and I just forgot, but if you need one, I'm available.
MandaSammi chapter 12 . 8/5/2005
I'm back, finally. This chapter had some great moments, and the ending was fantastic. I loved it.
Still Running chapter 13 . 8/5/2005
hey I just found your story today, and I like it so far, you've done a good job of keeping tension in the story. This most recent plot twist is interesting, especially after mentioning earlier that Jerica's namesake was killed. I look forward to reading the next chapter, but I have one suggestion. The chapter seemed a little jumpier, like you weren't quite sure where you wanted to go. I suggest you take the time to plan where you want to go next, (although the end of the chapter seems to indicate that you already have it planned out.) Your writing style over all is good. Keep writing and Update soon.
WizardWriter86 chapter 13 . 8/5/2005
The new version is tense, but I like it. Are you really going to kill Jerica? Do you just want to completely destroy Kirn? Why don't you just put a blaster to his head and be done with it? No, I'm kidding. I trust you, but update (with a new chapter) soon. Love the story, keep going.
WizardWriter86 chapter 13 . 8/5/2005
Yay! Finally Kirn and Luke are going to meet! Man, Kirn is just a troubled kid isn't he? haha Chapter looks good to me, just don't make us wait so long for an update next time. Update soon!
Abigail33 chapter 4 . 8/3/2005
This just gets better and better. In a way, your story resembles the same writing styles of George Lucas. This makes the story very real, yet unique because you have a very orignal writing style as well that is incorporated nicely into the story. You've developed the character Kirn very well, lettnig thre reader recognize his prominent character traits, without being obvious about it. You've also devloped Jerica more deeply by adding this character as a contrast. Very good job. I also love how this story is weaving in and out of the original triology. It makes the reader think "Well...is this gonna happen?" But then you totally surpise us by adding lovely plot twists. I also like the flashbacks. They show how alike Jerica and Leia are, hinting to the future of this story and what their relationship might mean to the plot of the story as well.
Abigail33 chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
what another amazing chapter! I know that it is taikng me forever to read this, but I want to savor each chapter. What I loved most about this one was your plot. It continued to thicken, more details are secretly thrown in and the suspense and sense of wonder grows as well. I love how this story is totally unpredictable, surprising me with every sentence. Your word choice adds a lot of voice to the story. I truly feel that I could read this out loud like a storybook. You've also defined the main character Jerica very well, and I can already tell that nothing she's done so far has been out of character. Great job!
Abigail33 chapter 2 . 8/1/2005
what a great chapter! I love how you dreew the reader in by giving more background to Jerica. Very well done. Each word and sentence has purpose and detail, giving the story a rich tone. i liked the ending...especially the addition of another character perhaps?