Reviews for Marauding Dragon
ocean's pebble chapter 29 . 2/22/2012
Just a quick question - how are you doing the Hufflepuff dormitories? You've mentioned both Justin and Ernie as Draco's roommates, but then you mentioned something about two boys per room? Or did I misread that?
Coyoyotie chapter 3 . 12/22/2011
OH MY GOD

OH

OHOHOH OH MY GOOOOD XDD

I JUST CRACKED up laughing so much at this chapter xDDD This fanfic is so far epic. I wasn't sure what to expect with Sirius being 'adopted' by Draco, but gosh, I'm in love with it.

It's obviously good enough to keep me reading at 3:32am, so.

Pintos x
araceli19 chapter 5 . 10/31/2011
me gusta
doodlechick12 chapter 30 . 10/1/2011
"Draco!" He shouted, trying to twist away from Dragon. "Restrain your beast!"

Ha. That's what happens when my dog jumps up to greet my mom. Says the exact same thing, "Katherine! Restrain your beast!" I couldn't help but laugh.
doodlechick12 chapter 20 . 9/29/2011
"I'm going to start making dinner," she told the house elf stonily.

"No mistress!" Wailed Dobby. "Dobby thinks it is a very bad idea for mistress to be handling knives!"

Hahahaha. I loved that Dobby was so worried about Narcissa around the knives; very funny :)
Gia starviewcomhotmail.com chapter 9 . 8/6/2011
Okay, I know this fix was completed long ago, so it's been a while since you've needed the concrit. But, while I'm sure this fix probably drew a ton of Draco fans, I'm a reader who was drawn by the fic's premise, but whose utter favorite character Is Sirius, so I hope to bring that POV to my review. I can't imagine that this story has drawn many Sirius fans; I can see how it's attractive to Draco-fans, because it's yet another inventive way of imagining how Draco might have been "redeemed"; but since I don't care much about Draco one way or another, I was wary of reading the story - and unfortunately, the fic did go on to prove that there is no way of making this particular premise work, without painting Sirius as much more callous than he is in canon, as well as painting half the adults as utter idiots, Narcissa and Lucius included.

If Remus Lupin had canonically been the Prisoner of Azkaban, this story might've been a tad more believable; if only because Lupin is the one of the Marauders who constantly lets himself be frozen by inaction and self-doubt. He constantly second-guesses his own actions, doubts in the extent of others' affection for him; breaking out of jail only to hide out as a family pet for 6 years would make perfect sense door him, because he totally WOULD allow himself to believe that Harry wouldn't want to hear from him anyway, that no one would believe him bout Peter if he didn't have any proof, and of course since Peter is nowhere to be found, the best course of action is to lie low until he gets a good lead. And through all this, he'd convince himself that there truly is nothing more he can possibly do - without ever actually having tried anything at all. This would all make perfect sense for Remus, because it's actually what he did in canon (clearly caring a great deal about Harry for being James's son, he still never initiated further contact or bonding with Harry, unless Harry had made the first move). It would even be understandable, in Remus's case, because a life of constant rejection for being a werewolf would make anyone hesitant and wary of hoping for the best.

But it's not Remus who's being depicted like that in this fic, it's Sirius. Sirius, the character who saw one grainy, black-and-white photo of a rat on the shoulder of a kid described as Harry Potter's close friend - and staged Azkaban's first breakout, on the SLIGHT chance that the rat might be Peter, and he MIGHT be a threat to Harry if he was that close. Sirius, who had the entire Muggle and wizarding world (of Britain, anyway) searching for him, not even counting the Azkaban guards and Dumbledore protecting Hogwarts specifically from him...and still managed to break into Gryffindor Tower 3 times.

The reason I love reading 'Sirius-breaks-out-of-Azkaban-early' AUs is because they practically have a trademark guarantee of altering Harry's storyline, if not the storyline of the rest of the series. The guarantee is there by default, because canon establishes Sirius as a character to whom limits don't exist - quite frankly, if he'd broken out earlier, he would've gotten to Harry and/or Peter earlier, simple as that; just as surely as he did in PoA.. I tried to give this story as fair a reading as I could, but I had to stop by Ch.9, because I couldn't suspend disbelief much longer...I couldn't even come up any believable reasons of my own, for why Sirius would break out of Azkaban only to lie low for years at the Malfoys' (as opposed to the Tonkses, whom he at least might've been able to convince of the truth - Andromeda being his favorite cousin - and at most could've been able to discreetly contact Dumbledore, Remus, Moody, or anyone else from the Order), and the ones provided by the story itself seemed beyond inadequate. We know canon!Sirius either knew where the Dursleys lived already, or found out immediately after leaving Azkaban, because Harry saw him in Privet Drive right before he got on the Knight Bus, remember? So the waffling he does in this fic about not knowing where the Dursleys live, falls incredibly flat. As do his worries about frightening Harry or disruprting his life - these actually seem even more pathetic when they're written in the same chapter where I'm reading about Sirius masquerading as a stray dog Draco picked up. Because there is zero reason why he couldn't just use that exact same disguise with Harry at Privet Drive, and it's far more logical to assume that muggle Petunia and Vernon Dursley would make much less fuss over a random stray dog following Harry around, than purebloods Lucius and Narcissa (who know about Animagi and wizarding superstition) would fuss over a giant omen-of-death trailing their son everywhere.. I think others have mentioned the question of why Sirius didn't try to contact Remus. or why he couldn't have sent his memories (of he and James making Peter the Secret Keeper, or even of the Muggle explosion) in a flask, anonymously, to Dumbledore. Or offer to take Veritaserum. Point is, there are a lot of viable options that Sirius simply didn't bother to try; so it's impossible to view the scene where Draco gives Sirius the idea of contacting Harry as anything other than extremely contrived. This story, from what I can tell, largely works as a fascinating 'what if' for Draco, but does little for a Sirius fan.
Stina Whatever chapter 43 . 5/29/2011
i love this story, it's great, and it shows how draco could've been with nice friends and a dog for company
vincent1875 chapter 28 . 5/22/2011
Good chapter.
vincent1875 chapter 27 . 5/22/2011
I'm surprised it took me so long to place Milly's role.
vincent1875 chapter 26 . 5/22/2011
That's one peeve of mine in HP stories. Finding out how to put down Fluffy without asking Hagrid. I think if it was as simple as looking up Cerberus in a book then there would have been no point in trading the dragon egg. That makes me think that either every Cerberus has a different weakness or that recurring weaknesses are unpredictable and/or rare. Anyone who bothers looking up Cerberus should notice this and realize that Hagrid is the only practical solution.

Anyway good chapter.
vincent1875 chapter 25 . 5/22/2011
Good chapter
vincent1875 chapter 24 . 5/21/2011
Pansy's doing a wonderful job wrapping Ron around her finger.
vincent1875 chapter 23 . 5/21/2011
I hope you don't pull too many people into their group. Those enormous interhouse groups always end up annoying me.
vincent1875 chapter 22 . 5/21/2011
Yeah right. It's obvious which came first between Snape's attitude and the bullying. Oh well.
vincent1875 chapter 21 . 5/21/2011