Reviews for To Walk on Water
Semaphora chapter 5 . 6/18/2007
I promised you a long review, and here it is:

The implementation of Carson's character in this chapter was the highlight, I think. The fact that he's there, acting as the kind-hearted, older brother protecting his youngers is so truely in character and lovely that it just makes one want to squeal at the irrisistableness of it all.

And if that sentance made any sense to you, my name is Roger.

No, really...

...Or not.

Back to the review. The Sheppard and Beckett bonding in this chapter was also another highlight. I love it when these to characters have room to interact, as it is always more of a McKaySheppard or McKayBeckett connection thats taking place in the canon. This story emphasises everything that others do not. The connections between these characters is amazingly strong, as are their personalities and ties to the plotline.

Again. I do believe I am in love.

Onto the plot. Its definitely thickening, with the utterance of the last words putting into place a whole new realm of possibilities. Will they tell Carson? What will Beckett think? How will Rodney be able to cope? How will they both be able to help him? Will the cheese take over Atlantis?

Yes. They are all very difficult, enigmatic questions that need answers. In time, I guess, but for now this chapter is all you need in the way of character bonding. Its gorgeous.

Actually, the whole fic is gorgeous. A gem. Written so well, that it could be the new bible. Without all the contradictions, that is.

Huh. Seem to be out of words again. Must be the overwhelming suspence bubbling inside me at the thought of reading more! So I will see you, dear writer, in Chapter Six, for the next review.

Keep up the good work (In relation to your other stories, I mean, since this one seems to be finished... even better! Infinite chapter access!)

Love,

Semaphora chapter 4 . 6/18/2007
Once again. The angst. The humor. The revelations. The characters. They are all so PERFECT.

You, m'dear, should become an author of your own series. You would be EXCELLENT at it.

But that thought aside, the implimentation of those OC's as well as the canon events (ie. Koyla) that influenced McKay's panic attacks (Yay! Periodic table!) were just so well written, I almost fainted from the awesomeness of it all.

In fact, I'm thinking of cutting this review short so I can read more! You so have me hooked.

You are awesome. I love this story.

Chapter Five, here I come.

Much Love,

Semaphora chapter 3 . 6/18/2007
Oh my god!

I started this review the moment I read Rodney reciting the Periodic Table. The characterisation and method is just so in character, I'll have to write this review as I go along.

God love Rodney. Honestly and surely and completely and utterly. "I saw the ambassador strike a child." Rodney's concern and obvious emotion when reciting this is enough to make the strongest person brake down and cry. Considering the way this story is going, as well as mentions in the first and second chapters, I'm guessing Rodney's past had something to do with child abuse in this fic.

So sad.

And another peice of the puzzel, eh, Sheppard? I like how he's trying to figure it out, and how Rodney was so hesitant to let him in on it. We all know how difficult McKay can be sometimes, especially about his feelings, and this is so perfectly in character.

And on to the humor, scattered amongst this chapter. I love how Shep made Beckett seem the bad guy, with Rodney's agreement, when they both do know that the Scot is lovely. My favorite line would have to be: “We’re equipment action kind of people. I’ve got weapons and tactics; you’ve got computers and gizmos.” That made me laugh indefinitely. I can imagine Sheppard kicking ass in the training and McKay kicking ass on a gameboy simultaneously.

Oh, and: “I like you, and all, but there’s no way I’m hopping in there to give you a hand. You gonna be okay?” Love the chemistry in that sentance. Who knows, maybe Sheppard isn't as reluclant as he said he was? Kidding, kidding. Slash would totally not suffice to this story, although in some cases it is a nice added touch.

But I think, indefinitely, it has to come back to the angst. The dreamscape of which Sheppard shook Rodney out of freaked me out a little. Poor guy. I couldn't imagine what how it would feel to be in his situation.

But this is written so well, that even the slowest person could at least grasp some sort of understanding with the scientist. Its so awesomely... awesome? The lack of words strong enough to describe this escapes me.

Again, I am wordless.

So it's back to wow, I guess.

Wow. More than wow. Wow times two.

Wow to the power of three.

Love,

Semaphora chapter 2 . 6/18/2007
Golly gosh. It just keeps getting better and better!

Angst is one of the best ways to a human's emotions, m'dear - and you capture it perfectly. I love the fluctuations between Rodney's old self, and this new, subdued person that lives behind his eyes. It's so powerful in the way it is projected.

My favorite line in the depressive cataglory would have to be just after John tricked Rodney into revealing that he wanted to be found. "Sheppard’s internal warning bell was ringing with intensity." Just that line, not directed at feelings intently, is so helpful in conveying the air of the moment. The idea that Sheppard knows something is wrong, really wrong, and with intensity just spurs such an amazing thought of both suspence and dread - What's going to happen next? Why is McKay in such a state? Is this going to be bad? What will Sheppard do?

Amazing.

Simply amazing.

Words cannot describe how much I love this story already. God, and it's only been two chapters! I can't believe it. There have rarely been stories that have managed to captivate so fast, but yours is most definitely one of them. Congradulations. You deserve it, for all the good work put into this.

I think I've covered it all. Or, at least, all I can think of. Characterisation Spot on. Angst Gorgeously sad, well written. Plot Most definitely interesting, captivating, stunning and many other synonyms for greatness. Chapter Length Not too long, not too short.

I love.

Next chapter?

Semaphora chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Wow.

Yes, I know it is not the most profound or expressive statement to be written in a review, but it does, to some extent, some up my feelings for this first chapter.

Yep. That'd do it. Wow.

You write so precisely, so well, so co-ordinated. I love your style, as it both descriptive yet not at all tedious, and straight to the point. The plot, even for the introduction, seems to be unfolding very nicely and all the characters seem completely canon, with the added revelation of McKay's sudden decision to go AWOL giving his personality a nice, traumatic touch.

Sheppard sure plays a good 'half-annoyed but mostly concerned' best buddy, doesnt he? Your Sheppard, in particular, mirrors this role perfectly. It was beautiful to read and undoubtedly beautiful for you to write.

And then we address the darker themese to this story. I know I have barely scratched the surface with this single chapter, yet I do still feel like a lot has been revealed.

McKay's absense, the peicing together of the planet and the events that occur, the way it all seems to tie in with the SGA world, without being Alternate, the way Sheppard moves throughout the city, hell-bent on finding his friend... it's all so moving! The writing style just emphasises these feelings. It makes one speechless.

Or, well wordless. Initially, I guess, which explains the 'wow' at the beginning of this.

Honestly, this is one of the best story starters I have ever read. I am so interested in this already, and I cant wait to read on. A marvelous, marvelous job, so far.

I do hope this review was helpful. Or, at least, gave you a warm tingly feeling inside as reviews often do.

This aside, I guess thats it, then. Time for me to continue my trek in reading your story.

Much Love,

IlluZen chapter 15 . 1/8/2007
Hey, you did a great job writing this story. For the most part it felt true to the Atlantis universe, though I would think if a member of the team started acting weirdly, my first intuition would be alien virus over reemerging family issues (but that's just me ;P). The story had good flow, the banter felt right, there were few grammatical mistakes, and it makes me want to see what else you've written. :) Fave
The Watch Stander chapter 1 . 11/19/2006
A wonderful Story! Loved your characterization of everyone.

;-)
Llanea chapter 15 . 10/23/2006
i loved it
StargateJunkie chapter 15 . 8/6/2006
Wow, I really liked that fic. Well written, & I felt like I couldn't stop 'til I read the whole thing. :) I'm sure a lot of people would absolutely LOVE if you wrote a sequel. I sure would. :)
Delka chapter 15 . 2/14/2006
Great. Wonder how I missed this one. Keep up the great work. But then I know you already have.
Pranksta chapter 15 . 1/25/2006
I must admit, reading your stuff always brings the green tinged of jealousy to my eyes.

You're so darn good! How come you're so good, huh?

Unfair I say, absolutely unfair! :)

Loved it!
lizack chapter 15 . 9/18/2005
Oh, It was too cute and well-writen. I loved your fic.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

I also loved the friendship between Rodney, Carson and John.
krysalys chapter 15 . 8/30/2005
So yeah. Now I wanna know who took Bengi in, and how things progressed from there. Heh heh heh. Wonderful tale, hon. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Krys
krysalys chapter 13 . 8/30/2005
Kind of stupid to threaten McKay when you don't have him within arm's reach, you addictive dumbass.

Aie... *shakes head* the stupid things people do when they're strung out.

Krys
krysalys chapter 10 . 8/30/2005
And where's Benjii?

This ain't gonna go well, is it?

Krys, riveted