Reviews for The Star's Lament
Anonymous Human chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
I like this story. I think it's well written.

But this part genuinely bothers me:

"He had sent them careening through the sky; a glory of shooting stars to mourn his beloved."

If I'm interpreting that line correctly as regards the nature of falling stars in that world, then Howl—in his grief—has committed genocide on a massive scale.

That horrifying thought aside, good story.
LivforLove chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
This was beautiful. I'm not too crazy for the italized sections, I think they might have worked better just integrated into the lines rather than italicized and separate. But it really was beautiful. I didn't cry or anything but I really felt it you know. And to have achieved that in so few lines was gorgeous. Probably one of the best bits I've read in a while
mistfur chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Aedoin chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
This was short, but I realy liked it. Your writing style is beautiful.
Just Passing By chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Wow. That was such a powerful ending. And even though it wasn't that long, I didn't feel like I was left hanging at all at the end. I love the phrases that you scattered in there. It made it so powerful. I really understood how Howl felt. You are an awesome writer. Love this!
kitty75633 chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Okay hun let's start off with those are some amazing lyrics you wrote to accompany your story. You ever consider putting them to music making a song of them or something cause they would really grab at the listener. I know that they grab at the reader.
Uchiha-Shakuma chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Zen! (That's "good" in Japanese) Poor Howl... but quite good. *starts crying*
garnet sky chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
stunned...truly is love true
MysteryLady-Tx chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
AWE CD so not fun, but it was a nice story none the less

THANKS:D
Ruusei chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
This was really good! I loved how descriptive it was, and everything in italics was just beautiful.
Blaze83 chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
ah! you killed sophie! O.O

really good, sad too
Squishy Penguin chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
Awesome fic
Masako Moonshade chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Dark yet beautiful. I like this. Good job...
The Lionheartless chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
T.T

Dangit, now I gotta find a fluff fic! THANKS you HACKER, even though though I somehow really like this at the same time. :)
WaterSpirit1 chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
Rather sad really but the italicised words are very moving.