Reviews for An Illusion of Magic
Anjion chapter 14 . 8/4
That is one sad ending. But a brilliant story! Well done!
Anjion chapter 12 . 8/4
Frik, Frik, Frik...hilarious. This story it's fantastic!
Anjion chapter 11 . 8/4
I prefer the ugly (yet somehow handsome) Frik better. It just seems to illustrate him better. Another great chapter!
Anjion chapter 10 . 8/4
Poor Frik! I don't blame him really...
Anjion chapter 9 . 8/4
I just love Frik. He is hopeless. And this chapter is another work of genius!
Anjion chapter 7 . 8/4
Poor Frik! Yes, I'm mentioning him a lot. But he's my favourite; did I say? Another great chapter!
Anjion chapter 6 . 8/4
If Frik's got that riddle wrong, heaven help him...
Anjion chapter 5 . 8/4
Frik is just the best! You've captured him so well! And while I don't particularly like Mab, I don't think she's all evil either. After all, she did keep her (granted, somewhat twisted) promise to Nimue...
Anjion chapter 4 . 8/4
Frik is definately my favourite. Even more so now that I've discovered who actually played him...
Anjion chapter 3 . 8/4
This chapter is particularly amazing! Especially the bit where Frik hides behind Merlin and that hilarious exchange between Frik and Merlin! That gnome is so funny! Bravo!
Clara Bright chapter 14 . 2/5/2012
This is awesome! I have a strange obsession with both Labyrinth and Merlin and you've combined the two!

Mab is my favourite character too and I love how Miranda Richardson plays her and I think she is actually better looking than the heroines.

The ending is a bit depressing but at least it's believable and the way you have made Jareth evil was strange but you kept it consistent.

Thanks for finishing this story!
Halewyn's Lady chapter 13 . 5/16/2011
random thought: I would not have minded if the finale had taken place in Jareth's room. :p *mini Bellatrix Lepus pops out of my bag* Nor would I.
Halewyn's Lady chapter 14 . 5/9/2011
Where to begin reviewing this? This story is amazing! It made me stay up waay too long for two nights in a row.

I had so much fun reading it. I love both these film and you made them come together superbly! Better than I would have thought possible.

Hoggle-ing Frik was absolutely brilliant!

I enjoyed Jareth’s evilness. Next time I watch Labyrinth I will be grinning to myself: men in tights and see the little goblin!

Of course I supported Mab the entire time :)

Though the ending is sad, it is definitely an improvement on her fate in the film.
Bellatrix Lepus chapter 14 . 2/17/2010
I hate this fic…because it ended ah! It was so great, and I’m glad I took the time to read it as I never bother to read fics that go on more than 2 chapters. Well unless the writer updates as I go along, but I’m so glad I did.

The Frik insulting imaginary Mab thing was funny though I agree it does make Merlin seem thick, I have never seen what Jareth is from but the way he treats Mab severely pisses me off, Merlin Mab and Frik correcting Jareth about “Thick” was hilarious, Mab being irked by Jareth saying Mordred was a bastard was really sweet. I loved how the relationship between Mab and Merlin grew as in the original it never got the chance, Mab’s laughing fit and how she was snapped out of it was comical. Your writing was amazing as an all but the plot twist with Frik was fabulous, and Skeksi coming in at the end was great. The ending I felt was so incredibly sad. This should have been the Merlin sequeal.
NerinaB chapter 14 . 3/11/2008
I demand a sequel! Please? I should very much like to know what happens to them all. Was the shared understanding in the labyrinth all for naught, or do the manage to eventually come to a compromise, or does one manage to beat the other? Does Merlin ever find Nimue, does Mab set her free? Does Frik finally grow a proper back bone? Does Mab ever manage to take revenge on Jareth? Does anyone have anything even remotely resembling a happy ending? These are some of the many questions I desperately want answers to. I would be unbelievably over-joyed it you would continue this.