Reviews for An Illusion of Magic
Clara Bright chapter 14 . 2/5/2012
This is awesome! I have a strange obsession with both Labyrinth and Merlin and you've combined the two!

Mab is my favourite character too and I love how Miranda Richardson plays her and I think she is actually better looking than the heroines.

The ending is a bit depressing but at least it's believable and the way you have made Jareth evil was strange but you kept it consistent.

Thanks for finishing this story!
Halewyn's Lady chapter 13 . 5/16/2011
random thought: I would not have minded if the finale had taken place in Jareth's room. :p *mini Bellatrix Lepus pops out of my bag* Nor would I.
Halewyn's Lady chapter 14 . 5/9/2011
Where to begin reviewing this? This story is amazing! It made me stay up waay too long for two nights in a row.

I had so much fun reading it. I love both these film and you made them come together superbly! Better than I would have thought possible.

Hoggle-ing Frik was absolutely brilliant!

I enjoyed Jareth’s evilness. Next time I watch Labyrinth I will be grinning to myself: men in tights and see the little goblin!

Of course I supported Mab the entire time :)

Though the ending is sad, it is definitely an improvement on her fate in the film.
MotherofStaffies chapter 14 . 2/17/2010
I hate this fic…because it ended ah! It was so great, and I’m glad I took the time to read it as I never bother to read fics that go on more than 2 chapters. Well unless the writer updates as I go along, but I’m so glad I did.

The Frik insulting imaginary Mab thing was funny though I agree it does make Merlin seem thick, I have never seen what Jareth is from but the way he treats Mab severely pisses me off, Merlin Mab and Frik correcting Jareth about “Thick” was hilarious, Mab being irked by Jareth saying Mordred was a bastard was really sweet. I loved how the relationship between Mab and Merlin grew as in the original it never got the chance, Mab’s laughing fit and how she was snapped out of it was comical. Your writing was amazing as an all but the plot twist with Frik was fabulous, and Skeksi coming in at the end was great. The ending I felt was so incredibly sad. This should have been the Merlin sequeal.
NerinaB chapter 14 . 3/11/2008
I demand a sequel! Please? I should very much like to know what happens to them all. Was the shared understanding in the labyrinth all for naught, or do the manage to eventually come to a compromise, or does one manage to beat the other? Does Merlin ever find Nimue, does Mab set her free? Does Frik finally grow a proper back bone? Does Mab ever manage to take revenge on Jareth? Does anyone have anything even remotely resembling a happy ending? These are some of the many questions I desperately want answers to. I would be unbelievably over-joyed it you would continue this.
Avacados are evil chapter 14 . 11/25/2007
(sigh) Well at least Mab is at a better place now then she was when it ended before. She still has a chance to make it better, so does Merlin. In fact, Frik even has a chance to make his life better.
Avacados are evil chapter 13 . 11/25/2007
Damnit! All that trouble! All that psychological torture, and it ends the same. GR!

But wait! An Epilouge! There is still hope!

(even if there isn't hope, it rocked anyway)
Avacados are evil chapter 12 . 11/25/2007
Yay!

Skeksi de shiznit.

_
Avacados are evil chapter 11 . 11/25/2007
So Frik has his nice looking exerior back. But I'm still a bit disappointed in him. I understand his reasoning, but it's still pretty awful to condem someone to Jareth. (In this state anyway)
Avacados are evil chapter 10 . 11/25/2007
I am SO disappointed in you Frik.

Tepid. Very Tepid, Mr. Frik.

(sigh) Well, either way, I hope thye manage to make it to the castle in time.
Avacados are evil chapter 9 . 11/25/2007
Well Merlin and Mab are considerably less spiteful with eachother. Now all Frik has to do is NOT give Mab the potion.

Come on Frik, don't spoil the whole thing, please.
Avacados are evil chapter 8 . 11/25/2007
I wonder who Frik would have seen?

Not Morgan I hope. No, probably not.
Avacados are evil chapter 7 . 11/25/2007
Frik! I am very, very disappointed in you.

Wel, I suppose it's too early for disappointment yet, he hasn't given it to her. But if he does, I will be very disappointed in him.

Moving on: You do a very good job with their characters. Even if Jareth is a bit too evil, he's still pretty much in character especially after his ordeal with Sarah.
Avacados are evil chapter 6 . 11/25/2007
_ Well we know he got it right.

Thank you Frik, you've been wonderfully helpful.
Avacados are evil chapter 5 . 11/25/2007
A door! Yay!

Well, they do have quite a long way to go.

Jareth, blaming all your problems on someone... denail is not just a river in egypt. :p