Reviews for Finding Hope Again
Anonymous chapter 15 . 7/15/2013
Good story at first, became slightly depressing after the first few chapters. Good to know Slade is dead. Kinda feels like a prologue to the story of Blue Bird.
midnightheula chapter 15 . 1/13/2013
Wow...I literally cried when I was reading the last few chapters.
Lee Aemilius chapter 15 . 1/10/2011
This was a really good story. I loved the ending.
Amaratta chapter 15 . 5/5/2007
I felt the urge to point there were some typo and some paragraphs were so long they tired my eyes, but then I'm willing to dismiss that anytime for such a good read.

Starfire truely was a selfless heroine. It saddened me every time her name was mentioned. Yet, I must admit that the part that moved me most was not the sweet alien herself but the vermin that was her pet. I don't know why, but it almost made me cry when I learned what happened to Silkie.

Another thing I must note is the way you excluded Beast Boy from the story. I couldn't think of a better way do this for it was so neatly done that I hardly notice he was gone.

Slade was being his evil self. Sometimes I think he's too sick and twisted to really be human, but I guess that's what a story needs - a creepy villain.

Cyborg, though he didn't have many scenes, every time he was there, he offered a few surprises. A locator locator? Gotta love that big half metal man.

Raven, well, to tell the truth, I don't normally enjoy her playing a damsel in distress. I always figure she was stronger, but then again, it made sense she would get rusty after five traumatic years.

As for our lead male character, Richard/Nightwing or whatever his name of the day was, he was even sicker than Slade (if that was even possible.) His split personality is really not something you expect from a hero. It's so interesting how a part of him was in every way human and another part was simply cold and distant. And you've done a good job discribing the states of his broken mind.

There are many unexpected twists, and I enjoy them all to the end. My last note is that the last chapter seemed kind of rush. I feel you could end the chapter after the Starfire part and extend the last part into another chapter.

Anyway, the ending was refreshing after all the ordeals the characters had been through. Cyborg's words touched me, and though it's not a fairy tale ending, it still left with a sense of new hope and a fresh start for all of them.

Anyway, I digress. What I'm really meaning to say is kudos to you for another fine piece.
Lord Hadrian Black chapter 15 . 2/4/2007
wow *sniff* i loved this book so much, i seriously did. i felt like crying in a few parts of it. but it was amazing. i loved the darkness you wrote with.

-Justin the-XCORE-writer
ravenslair chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
Hi, just wanted to leave you a quick note. I am reading this story again (yes, the really good stories get read again and again) and I just wanted to say thanks. I love this story, and I swear the more times I read it, the better I like it. Just wanted you to know. Thanks...Gerry
The Critic chapter 15 . 4/19/2006
That was a very good story. I liked it and you wrote it very well. It had a good story line and it just screamed talent.
emma chapter 15 . 1/20/2006
holy crap this is the best freakin story ive read so far.. and ive read alot if that helps
just amazing chapter 15 . 1/20/2006
u dont no how beautiful that was. really i was looking forward to read a rob rae story but this was just amazing! and im glad u decided to put beast boy and starfire in it! i cant stop saying how this story is amazing!
RavenBraven chapter 15 . 1/14/2006
Awesome. I felt a few tears leaking out of my eyes. In the cartoons, Starfire is purely annoying. YOu made me cry because of her. Awesome. Love it. Good.
RavenBraven chapter 8 . 1/13/2006
funny. The tounge got cut off. Heh heh. Not funny. Bad idea. Good writing though. Not a flame. I can tell you, this is very differnt from "if only for a moment in the light"
RavenBraven chapter 3 . 1/13/2006
Nice so far. Isn't Raven supposed to be a little tougher? Because she is one flamin' chic.
Dragoon23 chapter 15 . 12/25/2005
holy damn. AWESOME story. I like how, even despite every bad thing that went on, it still had a nice ending, and with Starfire also. No starfire bashing, yay! Definitely faving.
ravenslair chapter 15 . 12/6/2005
I really do love your stories. Dark and disturbing, and what you do to poor Raven. But you always let a little light in. This was a powerful story, and I enjoyed it very much (although when Raven's tongue got cut off it did give me the willys). Please keep on writing, I do love your stories. Thanks...Gerry
Kashira Hibana chapter 15 . 11/7/2005
Awesome story! i hadn't thought of reading it for a while but all of the sudden i just felt like it. i swear ur out to kill me from a heart attack! i laughed, cried, everything, just with this story! it had some adrk parts and when it seemed to finally be getting better, there was a twist and they sumhow found a way to get worse! w/e it is u do when u write, dont change it. u have a lot of amazing work. keep it up!