Reviews for Becoming
froovygirl chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
Wow, this was some serious shipe, if you get my drift. That Anakin/Vader feels his wife's presence, yearns for her so much that he welcomes death, as he spent years running from it... Breathtaking concept here.

There are few fics that tackle this subject, so it was unique to find Vader's thoughts on his way to death. That Padme factored in, as did his children, and those who he'd hurt through his betrayal, were all fitting. I couldn't help but wonder if he would've had such thoughts if he'd faced death before killing Sidious to save Luke.

I'd be interested in a follow-up one-shot of Anakin/Vader actually achieving his desire to see Padme in the afterlife...

Thank you for sharing this. Loved it!
Shelomit chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Very well done. You manage to paint not only resignation, but reconciliation in a terse and affective style.

The flow of ideas is well-structured while still feeling organic, and your language has a beautiful simplicity. It is nothing more elaborate than it needs to be. I particularly like your mentions of his dying in chains and of finally attaining serenity and selflessness; these motifs lend a sense of cyclic flow to the narrative, elevating it—as Star Wars always should be—to myth.

You might be interested JediSenoj451's "Reconciliation" on the tf.n archive, which also has Anakin surviving the Death Star II debacle and giving himself up for execution, although that is not the focus of the fic.

Kudos!
RogueWraith chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Absolutely gorgeous ending. I liked the imagery in the beginning as well; the irony of how easily Anakin could slip from physical chains while true freedom eluded him his whole life.

I read the story first, then the poems. I love it when writers introduce me to masterpieces like "Buffalo Bill". The last line of the poem actually made my heart stop. I was able to find it in all its formatted glory, and that made an incredible difference. I can see why this would make you think of that.

Thanks also for explaining why Anakin is able to breathe on his own, etc. I didn't think anything of it at first, but it's the sort of thing that would have bugged me later if there had been no explanation.

Sorry for the ramble. :) Great work, Voldy's pink teddy.
cje24576 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
This is kind of sad. The line "at the moment of his death every bit the serene, selfless Jedi he had tried and failed to become" especially got me. Oh please please do a sequel where he goes into the afterlife (preferably with a reunion with Padme)! Please? Nice job!
dart chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
the tyrant republic is born
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
very nicely done
Anakin's Girl 4eva chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
congratulations on a fantastic one shot! Sorry it took me so long to find it, but hey at least i found it and reveiwed!
Hieiko chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Wow.
SilentLaurel chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
"the fact that he was about to die in chains just as he had been born into them didn’t matter now. He was beyond that now"

This is a particularly good line. I like the peace in this story. Things have come full circle.
VA-Parky chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
How did I miss this? It's incredibly well done! I really, really liked the last paragraph - it tied everything up so nicely and was especially haunting! I also think Anakin would have wanted to do something - anything - to pay for his crimes. Brilliant idea! I also wanted to thank you for the wonderfully sweet reviews you've left for a few of my stories - they really mean alot! :-)
DarthGladiator45 chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
You've read my story Skywalkers Fate and I wanted to thank you for the constructive criticism. I've made the changes and of course you were right, I was missing a chapter. Thanks again for reading and for reviewing.

PS Your story about Anakin serenely accepting his fate was well written.

Thanks again,

Gwen aka Darth Gladiator45
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Beautifully written. I like the idea that Anakin would decide to submit to his death-it's penance. And it's bringing him closer to Padmé, as you point out. I'm especially fond of the last paragraph, and especially especially fond of the last sentence.
Padfoot Reincarnated chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
This is so sad! I like how you start off with him knowing that he could escape if he wanted too.
Wawoot chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Ah! Tragic, but very good! Poor Anakin! I hope you write more!
eridani chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
Amazing in it's simplicity. I loved the second paragraph especially. I want to mention your summary as well- very intriguing- certainly grabbed my attention. Be proud of this work.