Reviews for The Confession
machievelli chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
To be posted 27 August 2010 on StarwarsKnights under The Critic returns and Lucasforums under the Critic’s Two Cents.

TSL on Nar Shaddaa: As he lays dying, Atton tells the Exile of his crimes

It looked for a while like Atton would take his bow and leave the stage, perhaps it was that part that made it so poignant. His death bed confession fit with the character we know so well, and the past that he had endured was crystal clear.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Awws, cute. :)
Inconspicuous Acuity chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
This one was very, very intense, for the most part; it dealt with strong character emotions described in detail and that's most likely why. Interesting place to use some of the missing content and a good view of what may have happened back there, with Atton and the Jedi woman. But the bits describing the poison's effects are by far the most impressive.

Also, you somehow managed to include the flashback in the story without causing it to stand out ostentatiously. Though I'm not sure why there's the mention of "The Ebon Hawk" in bolded writing at its end, since the beginning of the scene had nothing (except the italics) to clearly separate it from the rest.

One other detail that sort of broke the reading for me would be a small spelling issue. As I know, the word "Jedi" doesn't take an 's' for plural, but there were two occasions on which you wrote "Jedis".

And I guess this leaves me with just "Resolutions" to read. I'll be back when I have some more free time on my hands. ;)
PazaakGirl chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
For a second I thought you were gonna kill Atton off mid-game. LoL. Well written. Good insight into Atton's past.
alan chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
though I have not played any KOTOR games, nor read anything else of yours (yet) other than your Lj, it is an awesome story to read. The emotion it brought to me while reading, being involved in the story in my mind, and the desire to want more are evidence of quality writing, to me anyway :)

I will be getting to reading more of your stuff.

Thanks :)
Chiara Sholuk chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
SWEET
VaguelyFamiliar chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
This was so much sadder and sweeter than dragging the confession out of him! Your writing is vivid- I could practically feel that glass in Atton's knee, and I was wincing. You render every mood with skill, from lust to protectiveness to hope.
SilverSentinal21 chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
Hey Trillian! Love this story a lot, its so passionate and thoughtful the characters seem like actual people, even "Jaq's" cronies. BTW I lightened up my formatting like you said, I hope its better now. Let me know what you think.
I am no longer available chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
FF won't let me log in...Grr...

Great one-shot, nice description and tells a plausible, gut-wrenching story of his encounter with the Jedi.

I found it really innovative how you used "sex" as a means to find the Force. Hearkens back to old literature that equated dying, mysticism and orgasams.

I was trying to figure out from this story why he had to kill her. They story doesn't seem to provide the answer, and perhaps that is what you intended(?). I can't decide if this works or not.

BaM
VanillaLatte chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
"Me..., a Jedi..."

I really liked that line, for some reason. Maybe because I can see and hear it so well. That disbelief in Atton's voice and maybe a little eye roll. Perfect. :)

I really love your portrayal of Atton in this... I love his dark side, his cold, calculating-ness. But he still has that loveable little piece of Atton in him, no matter how evil he seems. You really show his strengh when he shoots his friends and walks away from the Sith. You know, despite the fact that he killed the Jedi. Which in itself, even seemed appropriate for him to do.

I also really liked your version of the Jedi that showed him the Force. Kinda sucks, though, because now you're making me rethink *my* version of it. Gr... :)

Anyway, really, really nice.

And heh heh heh... throwing off your nice, round 10. :-D
Kendoka Girl chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
Great visuals in the aftermath of Atton's scrap with the Twin Suns. I always thought that would be a fun battle to write.

The characterization of Atton is solid and I can really see him in the situation and feel what he feels.

You also give Kreia the perfect amount of creepiness and disdain.

Wow, the revelation scene was heavy - very emotional.

Great work.
Sith-Jedi Master chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
Good job on this story. like resoultions, it is good. I hope you continue to write stories like this, and I know Miss Becky is happy with you.
Revan's Pet Duck chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Trillian! The angst! The drama! The... Atton! Lol. I thought it was a great rendition of Atton's story and force-awakening. -claps- Kudos!
Kristin chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
This was lovely. I want to say here that I adore Resolutions too and can't wait for the continuation... I haven't reviewed there because you don't allow non-registered reviews, and I just can't stand more spam, so I don't want to register, but know that another reader is on tenterhooks for the sequel!
ArianSkye chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
I thought for a minute there you were actually going to kill him! I loved this! I hope you keep up the really great work and keep on writing!

Hugs,