Reviews for Outside the Lines
fanka77 chapter 13 . 3/26
Excellent story!
RiddleWrappedInAnEnigma chapter 13 . 11/14/2013
A little darker than I'm used to, but good!
pain in the mikta chapter 13 . 8/16/2012
Well, I see that I didn't have any follow up on reviewing this fantastic story... What an oversight!
It was a pleasure re-reading this: riveting, insightful, angsty and dark just right.
Bravo, Anne! :-)
fanka77 chapter 13 . 7/11/2012
Wonderful story. Simply wonderful...
Zeki Young chapter 13 . 3/16/2011
That was brilliant. Often enough I don't like the way darker fictional is written, but your characters I think stayed really true. With all that Sam had promised to herself about Jack I thought that your ending was dignified and realistic - would have been far too easy for her to go straight to him; I respect the hell out of the way you wrote their anger, loss and love.
Goomba chapter 13 . 1/28/2011
Well, that was one hell of a wrap up, one hell of a GREAT wrap up! I can't believe this little piece of fiction. I think I feel that maybe Sam was able to be too cold too easily, but it did not take away from the story for me; just something I felt at the close. It was necessary for the story to succeed and it was done well but I think that's my only bit of constructive advice (though if it were really constructive I might suggest someway of fixing/changing/improving it and I just can't seem to think of anything.) In any case, that was wonderful and you must be wonderful for having written and shared it with us - Thank you.

Many Cheers Jen

P.S. Please continue writing, you are a special favorite.
Goomba chapter 7 . 1/27/2011
This is heart breakingly brilliant and though I am sad, because I know you wouldn't ruin this marvelous piece with something so unrealistic as bringing back Jack somehow I find myself hoping all the same. Because if you did I suspect you could do it so well that I wouldn't even mind or notice. This is by far an absolute favorite and I am energized to get to the end and see exactly what you have planned. Thank you soo much, Jen
Goomba chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Oh my gosh - WOW! This has got me hooked and is written very VERY well. I am loving and enjoying it and can't wait to start chapter 2 - I hope it lasts and offers some solace because right now I am hanging.

Cheers Jen
Harmne chapter 13 . 1/14/2011
Great story! I love stories that push a character outside of their comfort zone. But - and it's a small one - I would have liked to see it continue just a bit longer, to let Sam make peace with herself and the men on her team for whom she risked everything. And maybe just a hint of what might be in the future for her and Jack.

Loved it, it's going on my favorites list!
i.m. nell chapter 13 . 9/21/2010
This story gripped me as tight as the guilt and pain gripped at Sam's heart. But, what a relief for Sam that Jack reached out to her with understanding and love. Yep, there was love!
tamar chapter 13 . 5/24/2010
wow. that was an intense ride. what a story.
prosopopoiia chapter 13 . 8/13/2009
What a powerful story! Your dark, driven Sam is entirely believable. And, just, wow...
Greeneyedzenggirl chapter 13 . 3/21/2009
Oh. My. God! This was way, a, way past intense. "Chain Reaction" is one of my favorites, and now, so is this. I hurt for Sam, where she had to go to make things right. But I've always known she was more than capable of doing what needed to be done.

You did a wonderful job of painting the lines so clearly as she set about breaking them systematically and with intent. Love is so powerful a thing, and the love she has for her team, and Jack is so clear here.

This was hard to read, and yet one of the best episodes I've seen yet. Holy Hannah!

Thank you.
remerkaba chapter 13 . 2/19/2009
Good story. I enjoyed it.
Kaytee33 chapter 13 . 1/16/2009
a very powerful piece-and a fascinating story line! Thanks!