Reviews for Lessons
gamingbookworm chapter 1 . 2/28
Praise be for all teachers.
mangagirl18 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Wow this was a really interresting take on Iruka, his past, and the Shinobi world in general. Nicely written, and certainly food for thought.

If I had to complain about anything it'd be the idea that Iruka might be related homura. I loathe that character.

Still even if it turns out to be cannon it's not like I'd look at Iruka differenly. I just don't think homura and koharu deserve any descendants and I'm perfectly happy with imagining them wasting away in their house with whoever they married abandoned by any kids tey might have had and thus denied any claim as parents or grandparents.

Soooo, anyway thanks for posting. Have a great day.
Crazycally chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
I found that very insightful and interesting but I think it would have been improved by atlest brefly metioning his relationship with Naruto.
ShirouHokuto chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Oh, this is wonderful and heartbreaking. Iruka, you are such a good person. ;o;
TekJounin chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I love your characterization of Iruka. I do wish Kishi would give us this type of backstory for him. You rock.
icestar-comet-moon chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
So wow. This was just... amazing. I have a love for Iruka in general, and the progression of him from naive genin to the caring teacher was just lovely. A highly enjoyable piece, thanks for writing. :3
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
i can't even imagine what it would be like trying to balance humanity with being a shinobi.
redchinese chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
i am so glad i found this story- cause honestly- everything worked- the backstory regarding iruka's dad, his sensei telling him to try something different. him hyperventilating when the little girl said his class was her favorite e.t.c.

all little everydayish details that just sing!

beautiful work!

P.S. there is a little something i thought that could be improved on- when aunt sadako talked about her time killing a child, it was kinda jarring that there was only her words- it would have been nice if we say a bit of her exrpession for visuals. but eh, maybe iruka could understand and accept by tone of voice alone, really, its just me speaking from personal taste.
Anonymous is a pretty bad name chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Oh damn, I really like this. I loved Iruka already, but with this I think I love him even more now.

Iruka Love
Titan of Saturn chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Oh My God! This was incredible! I love it! Iruka is *perfect*. I don't know how else to describe it. This is wonderful, and definitely going in my favorites. Great job and good luck with any future Iruka-fic!

-TS
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
It all worked very well! Great job!
ChristinaAngel chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Iruka is a good man, but he is a ninja who is meant to be able to kill people at the drop of a hat, I loved seeing how he struggled with this and how to balance teaching the kids on how to become good ninjas but also some sense of morality.
Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
aw I love Iruka! He's my... wow, surprisingly he's my second favorite male Naruto character, following Shikamaru. I love the way you've characterized him, it feels so believable.
Rings Of Saturn chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Wow, that was a really touching story O_O I really like how you described exactly why Iruka wanted to be a teacher... it was never explained in the manga. Indeed, after reading this, it really made me think about the ninja world, and just how wrong everything is
Nevany chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
and we forgive each other for being able to carry on. That's human. - I love that line..Gotta be one of the best things I've read today x3

It's a brilliantly written story and really hits who Iruka is.

An instant favorite.