Reviews for Affinity: Portrait Of A Planeswalker
Naosj chapter 3 . 6/1/2011
He a small man in many ways, but all his life he was an unquestionable tide of power. I think they portrayed that properly when he was nothing left but a single head, ticking away like a time bomb aimed at Yawgmoth. Nevertheless, I never liked that ending. He was 4000 years old and never got any wiser. There was no redemption for him, no reconciliation with Mishra when he saw him again on that Phyrexian rack, no saving his best friend Barrin, and not even a great revelation at the end. There was only "peace."

For such an iconic character in Magic the Gathering, it was too pitiful an end. And it's not as if his successor is having such an easy time either.

Urza's spark goes into Karn Karn makes the Mirari and fucks shit up in Otaria for a generation the Mirari becomes Memnarch, who stupidly ruins Mirrodin while keeping Karn out Now Karn has to deal with Phyrexia again.
Blackdragonpi chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
If you really look at Urza from close up with a squint, he is a red-ish mage due to his quest for vengeance
The Great ShiniGami chapter 3 . 4/23/2008
Urza has always been a favorite of mine, and this describes him perfectly. Awesome character analysis.

He is golden... Beautiful...
Lone Stalker chapter 3 . 1/25/2007
eviljedijackson, they have made a novelization of the plot. In fact... there have been several books about it. Well over 12 of them.

Btw, a very good story, you hit the nail staight on with this one.
dread zanku chapter 3 . 11/15/2005
your glorification of the master of metal is wonderful. But i perfer to use a black deck with only a few equipments. any way check out
eviljedijackson chapter 3 . 9/1/2005
whoa. this si some seriously good writing. thanks a lot for writing, and keep up the good work. I've been a casual magic player for the last ten years, but I've never once been to a tournament, or bought an entire box of boosters. so, I've never had all the cards, and I've never really understood the whole plot of the saga of urza, barrin, yawgmoth, and all the others. this puts a few things and cards, into a better perspective. mayhap someone should write a novelization of the ploit of al of those. you perhaps?
Shondra chapter 3 . 8/4/2005
I read all three parts of this story. I found it to be very very good and as I play MTG i found it to be true to Urza's personality.
japanese-jew chapter 3 . 7/30/2005
lol, golden. I can almost see him, "W00t! guys! lookit this! I'm RARE now! Golden!" (although there aren't planeswalker cards. but we can just ignore that little thing for now.)
ENSIGN chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
So far so good. Oh yeah and if you were wondering, whiule Urza doesn't hold much on the colors of magic. He was much more attuned to white, than to blue. he was trained in the realm of Serra where he aquired to preferance, hence his favourite use of white lightning against Phyrexians. The only reason his card in the game was blue (The Blind Seer) was because he had taken the guise of a Seer, hence mind magic and thus blue. You don't have to change anything with you story. Just wanted to share a bit of trivia.
japanese-jew chapter 2 . 7/19/2005
interesting. . .
Bobboky chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
pretty good, i am very excited about this story and where you will be taking it