Reviews for To Stir Asunder
Jenice chapter 1 . 3/19
Oh...interesting...
DownDeepSouth chapter 1 . 2/5
I hope at some point you post more of this. This is lovely, fits in well with your dominate canon, and feels like you already have more waiting in the wings somewhere. Indulge us, please!
Ancalagon chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
Lovely story. I really enjoyed Sarek's viewpoint. Hopefully you will read this review, but if not, thanks for writing the story anyway.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
Your note at the start of this sounds like the whole story was written before this chapter was posted. Please share the rest of it with us. This part is great.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
Excellent story. Please finish it.
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
Still rereading. . . . Sarek is definitely not a helicopter parent at this point. Just overly strict and not very engaged. Quite willing to ignore Spock, provided he makes no trouble. And poor Spock, who dives into schoolwork to escape from feeling unVulcan, unloved at home and unaccepted at school. After all, high intelligence and academic excellence are Vulcan. Surely Sarek will be pleased. But it doesn't seem to be working . . .
Hope you finish this someday, because I would like to see how Spock makes out. Thanks for another good read.
Renewed Fan chapter 1 . 3/22/2015
You are a wonderful story teller, but why have you not completed this story? You have invested your time, imagination, and passion into writing it. Has your inspiration and passion left you? I wish I had your gift of creative writing. You give us a glimpse of our favorite characters' hidden thoughts, desires, revelations, and concerns. All expressed in logical words with emotional undertones. I encourage you to keep writing and finish this story.
Greta Herron chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
A good story..although I think Sabor beat around the bush for too long...A person as busy and exacting as Sarek would have insisted the teacher get to the point. I've always thought Sarek must have been too busy worrying about what Spock wasn't doing or being, to consider who and what his son was...which explains his inability to understand why Spock couldn't possibly stay on Vulcan. If only for his sanity he had to leave , to find new challenges, and be given credit for his abilities...
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
I'm really interested in this story; are you going to continue it?
maba7x chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
More, please...
starfleetdream chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Just found this one, too. Another great start! I hope you update them all.
Linvalay chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
awww man i really enjoy your stories, i wish you'd finish some of your young spock stories
Nyotarules chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Your portrayal of S/A is great, showing then warts and all. Here is Sarek raising a V/H to be almost ultra Vulcan and ignorant to the emotional damage he is doing. The way to Vulcan good intentions leads to a a hell of a meltdown when Spock is 18 and joins SF.
Poor clueless Sarek.
srmacrina chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
A very interesting beginning to an exploration of the Sarek/Spock relationship. I know you haven't gone anywhere with it in a while, but it would be very good to see it taken further.
elquendi chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
It's been more than a few years since you posted it, and an update is probably not likely... but this was a great teaser chapter and I'll add it to my alerts list just in case you do update sometime. :)

Your characterisation is what has drawn me to this story, and some of your others (Begin Anew and Holograph). I love the interactions of Spock and Sarek, and the way you demonstrate their conflicting perspectives on the issues they face. Sarek's inner conflict and realisation in this chapter was beautifully done, and did not fall into the trap of 'telling' as so many stories do.

I don't have any negative comments at the moment. I truly hope to see you continue this fic! :)