Reviews for Learning Letters
harrycub chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
This fic is just magnificent! I thought I read enough of Denethor-Faramir relationship fics, but then I found this one.. This one is absolutely outstanding. Thank you for this great story, I really enjoyed a lot.
Violin Ghost chapter 4 . 3/29/2006
Aww.. how perfectly sweet. This insight into Denethor's softer side, and his concern for Faramir concealed beneath their outward "rocky relationship" is so... refreshing. Continue with your stories!
Illwynd chapter 4 . 11/27/2005
Ah! How did this slip past me? *chuckles* And now I dig... _~

This is so wonderful... your portrayal of Denethor is perfect (if I haven't said so before, the scene of him and the little girl is so touching!), and Faramir is... he's just a little bit sneaky, huh! (to the best ends, of course!) Glad I finally found your last chapter here! Great stuff, as always!
Elena chapter 4 . 9/10/2005
Wow, an awesome fic, I love it, Sequel please.
steelelf chapter 4 . 9/9/2005
Ahh, but Denethor is a chestnut! Al prickly without, all good solidness within!
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 9/8/2005
This story has been a true gem,which I have greatly enjoyed. I loved the little girl and the unique and believable way in which you portray Denethor and Faramir.I am adding it to my C2 list.

Thank you for your kind reviews of my story,I greatly missed your keen insights while you were on holiday.
Elenhin chapter 4 . 9/8/2005
So absolutely wonderfull, you have outdone yourself this time. It such a beutifull conclusion.

The talk with Farmair and Denethor was truly a marvel, as was Faramir talking to the little girl.

Oh, and the two dolls, ah, the two of those are more alike then they think to do such similar acts, and the gratituire they both feel to the child is so clear.

I really think that it shows a clear likeness between father and son.

Ah, it was so womderfull, I was utterly amazed to read the end of it.

Take the best care now, and thank you, Elenhin
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 8/4/2005
Finally this is letting me review ! I thought this a heartbreaking chapter as Faramir and Denethor just cannot communicate. I love the little girl and the kitten and the explanation why she was there.

I think the healer would be more likely to say "very well then" in Tolkien's world.

Most enjoyable,it is always a treat to find an update from you in my box and I hope you will continue to write as you truly get inside the characters.
Ashley chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
Good to see you updating! This is a really cute story so far, so it's too bad that you won't really be able to update.

I really like the way that you have Denethor and Faramir interact and I loved the scene when the little girl asked if his mother put him to bed. Very cute! Can't wait to see more!
Elenhin chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
Ah, wonderfull, now both Denethor and Faramir have encountered the same girl. She is really sweet that one.

Poor Faramir, he had so high hopes for it, and got so sad. I really can not wait for the next chapter to seewhat happens there.

I am very gratefull to you for givin the whole text of the letter, it was really nice to read it.

I have loved every word of this, and hardly feel like I could wait.

For now though, take the best care, Elenhin
Ashley chapter 2 . 7/31/2005
This is a very good story.

I can see all that is happeneing in my minds eye perfectly. Please continue this story I would love to know what Denethor wrote Faramir!
steelelf chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
Lovely! I want to know what was in the letter!
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
This was just delightful, I love it it and it made me keep seems we both like Damrod !I like the way you portray the cameraderie between the men who obviously care about each other.

I will eagerly await you so much for all your very kind reviews of my story and your valuewd insights.I was also pleased that someone recognised "Leisure" which I learned at school.I am glad all turned out well for your friend.I admit I had qualms about writing that chapter in case it troubled anyone with real life memories.
FaramirhasFans chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
It's very good, I like it, please, update ASAP.
Elenhin chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
I want to read the rest, I very much want to.

I love the teasing of the rangers, and the slinter was very amusing, it made for a hillarious situatiion.

I loved it how well you portrayed the characters, it was wonderfull. Faramir was certainly most confused over the letter. I can see why, he would have expected something along the lines of the first letter.

Ahh, I can hardly wait to read the rest, again you have done very well my friend.

Kindest Regards Ever, Elehin