Reviews for Secrets and Shadows
PawPower999 chapter 17 . 4/8
Whilst I realise that Severus, has every justifiable reason to feel guilty about not spoting the abuse - yet neither did any of the other Hogwarts staff either! After all Severus, was not Harry's head of house and did not have a close relationship with the boy at that time - apart from trying to protect that lad from afar. Though I do feel that Dumbledore, is largely responsible for unmining Severus's job to try and protect young Harry from what could harm him(friend of foe, accidental harm or intentional harm) if not for Dumbledore's actions/or inactions this job would have been easier.

After all it was Dumbledore who sent the groundskeeper Hagrid to take Harry (who was such an important figure to the wizarding world) rather than a Professor - and the same Hagrid getting the stone from gringotts (naturally would cause any child to be curious!). How Dumbledore allowed clues about the stone and its fate to be actively placed where Harry found them/or learnt of them ; giving of invisible cloak of his step-father James; Harry stumbling upon the mirror of erased - I clearly think that Harry was set up solve the protections leading to the stone. After all those protections protecting the stone (on Dumbledore's orders and set by the Professors) - were all broken by first year students with little pratical knowledge or skill of magic! Also there was no ward or magical alarm upon the corridor or near the door of where the stone was located to either - scare curious or lost students; or to alert Hogwarts staff?
PawPower999 chapter 14 . 4/8
Sure'll Petunia must have known something about accidental magic after all a Hogwarts Professor visited her and parents when Lily got accepted to the school. So its obvious that the Professor must have talked to the Mr & Mrs Evans about magic, the school and perhaps about accidental magic - and so either Petunia was present or the elder Evans talked about the subject as a family or Lily talked to her sister. Because at some point Petunia (according to the canon) wrote a letter to Professor Dumbledore wanting to attend to school with her sister and was turned down because of her lack of magic. Then Petunia started to treat her sister differently.

I do feel that some of Petunia's hate/or violent dislike or magic and her sister perhaps stemed from just how different the elder Evans treated there two daughters - essentially I do feel that they might have regarded Lily as the apple of there- perhaps the elder Evans knew of a magic connection/or past history in the family (ie grandparent, or great grandparent or ancestor?). So just why did the elder Evans take it so well that Lily was witch - and was it Petunia's hate and belittling of her sister
Lily for other reasons, but what?
Guest chapter 33 . 9/26/2014
Loved the plot line.
I don't mean to be demeaning, but it was badly written. You have a long way to go in terms of your command of the language. :(
Danny for Jesus chapter 7 . 9/9/2014
I want Dudley to tried as a child and pay for Beating his Poor cousin Senseless
Kaya70 chapter 37 . 9/1/2014
Love it
Guest chapter 4 . 8/2/2014
Harry should have a breakdown over sirius an go well he has his godfather and I don't and then he leaves but he ends up comig back as they talk about it and have a heart to heart
CiaraMoira chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
So I realize it's been ages since you wrote this story, but I really have to say thank you for adding that A/N at the bottom of the chapter. It's one of my biggest pet peeves and I'm glad somebody else realizes that's not how they're spelled.
ElegantButler chapter 3 . 3/10/2014
A great story. I found only one mistake, but I think you should live it there. Death Heaters brings a smile to my face.
rowenasheir chapter 37 . 1/19/2014
Much better ending than the original
RainbowDuck chapter 37 . 1/2/2014
This story is fantastic. Please please please write a sequel to it as it is just that good :)
Novembertopaz chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Wow, where does the ie fit into praying? I love it when people know how to spell. :)
Larisya chapter 3 . 11/15/2012
No... That type of thing just... annoys me.
riverrat chapter 31 . 7/31/2012
I'm wondering if you noticed that the chapters 29 and this one (chapter 31) are identical?
Jo chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I'm sorry but I didn't like your story. The plot is too rushed.
Starcrystal8 chapter 2 . 3/30/2012
This is so sad! I feel so bad for Harry!