Reviews for The Sword of Elendil
Suzelle3782 chapter 31 . 7/10/2014
I just went back and re-read some of my old bookmarked fics from my first stint in this fandom, and would be so very remiss if I did not pop in and leave a review here (or, re-review...I believe I left comments here under my old pseud back in the day).

I began reading this when updates first started posting in 2005, when I was fifteen and pretty fresh-faced in the fandom. Since then I've always listed it as my #1 favorite fic, but it's only now, reading it again after returning to the fandom years later, that I realized just ihow/i much it influenced how I view Tolkien's world, my attitudes towards canon, and very specifically the world of the Dúnedain. As I look back at my own stories that I've written over the past ten months or so, I realize how many little things I owe to the intricate world you created here.

This fic is the reason I fell in love with the Dúnedain as a baby-fangirl, it's the reason I fell in love with Ivorwen & Gilraen and have been so committed to exploring their characters/backstory, and I'm so incredibly grateful I read it at the right place/time in my life. It showed me what fanfiction can be, and it continues to be the standard I (attempt to) hold myself to when working on my own stuff.

All of this is to say: the story was a pleasure to revisit, and holds up very well upon re-read.
Mari83 chapter 31 . 12/30/2013
Thanks for the epic story! Loved to see this universe unfold with the Elves and the Rangers. Had not expected the story arch with Beleg, but soaked it up:-)
AmazingWriter123 chapter 31 . 11/9/2013
This is an absolutely amazing story! I found the Sorcerer very intriguing... and I think you are a wonderful writer!
Talath Amanya chapter 30 . 7/14/2013
I love the ending. Very profound. Well done.
innail chapter 8 . 1/4/2013
"no Man goes across the Sea" Tuor, Son of Huor, would like to disagree - He did just that! He was Turin Turambar's cousin, and one of the only three mortals to wed an elf (the others being Beren and Aragorn) He married the Noldorin elf Idril and was the father of Earendil (And thus kin to Elros, Elrond, and their descendants). Tuor sailed to the West with Idril, and it was a tradition under the Eldar and Edain that they arrived in Valinor, bypassing the Ban of the Valar, and that Tuor alone of Men was counted as Elven kindred, still living there now. In a letter, Tolkien said that this was allowed by Eru Iluvatar as an exception to the rule, much like when Luthien chose a mortal life.
innail chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
"When Thingol's Heir slew Fëanor's son"
... which Feanorion? As I recall, three of the Sons of Feanor died that day: Celegorm, Caranthir, and Curufin.
The Sailor Earth chapter 30 . 12/18/2012
OK and I feel a bit stupid for thinking in my earlier review that you were mixing up the Elendilmir and the Elfstone, because I completely forgot about Ivorwen's vision. So to fix my earlier review all I can say is the Elendilmir is a crown. I still think this is an amazing story, I am going to keep reading and finish and then check to see if you've written more because it is so good.
The Sailor Earth chapter 15 . 12/18/2012
I really like this story and I'm going to continue reading, but there was one small thing that bugs me. The Elendilmir is not a broach, or cloak pin or anything like that its a crown or circlet. The books say its a "white star of elvish crystal upon a fillet of mithril". 'fillet' in this case meaning headband. They also say he wore it on his brow. You might have been thinking of the Elfstone?, which he gets the name Elessar from, but he gets that from Galadriel when the fellowship is in Lothlorien. I just had to point that out, I'm going to keep reading now, because this story is good.
Dr34ming chapter 31 . 2/5/2012
I really liked your story, especially how you kept it true to the essence of the period, and avoided the use of modernisms, which is a blessing. :D I would be interested to see your take on the rest of Aragorn and Arwen's relationship, and indeed Aragorn's meeting with the Council about a possible marriage. :D Beautifully written.
Mystricka chapter 31 . 3/23/2011
I have read a lot of stories, but this one takes the cake. It was well worded, seemingly well researched, and just over all well done. I started reading the story around midnight. I just finished and it's 5:30am. I just couldn't stop. I kept telling myself, I'll stop at the next chapter, well, the next. Maybe the next. It didn't happen.

It's a scandal this story has so few reviews!

*gives a standing ovation on a story well written*
karol89 chapter 17 . 9/2/2010
love this story 3. do you think it is possible for you to write a one-shot or sequel of when aragorn and arwen reunite in lorien? it would be great to see them happy togehter since chapter 16 and 17 broke my heart...

kudos to you for this and all your other stories...
Minerva Organa chapter 30 . 8/7/2010
I must admit, I put off reading the final few chapters of this because I wasn't ready for it to end! I loved the ending and it's wonderful to see how much Aragorn has grown throughout. This story has been an absolute pleasure to read and follow these past few years. I hope you will continue to grace us with your writings!
Mirach chapter 30 . 6/29/2010
I would have never thought about sending dvarwes agains a spirit that posseses the bodies of elves and men. A clever idea indeed, and I hope they will succeed!

It was a great story and very nice reading. Between the first chapter and this one, Aragorn seems to have matured much. He has indeed learned to wait, and sees his path clearly now - and will follow it until the end - until the sword of Elendil is reforged wielded by Isildur's Heir, and the black fleet sails on Anduin to help the White City in the hour of need.
Matt chapter 31 . 6/27/2010
I have just caught up your most excellent story and thank you sincerely for your efforts. I'm enough of a purist to be bothered by the gaps between canon and yoru way of things but you explain them nicely and they do fit in well with the way that you wish to tell your tale.

I hope that you have more such work in hand and look forward to anything that you may generate in the future.

Thanks again for your work.

Matt
karol89 chapter 30 . 6/9/2010
i loved this story from the beginning to the end. im praying that you will do something on how the captain's react to aragorn not marrying and taking off for thirty years...that would be a delight to read. thanx for this great story!