Reviews for A Box For the Past
John Smith chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
Once again, beautiful fic! Your assessment of Sakura is just flawless, and I'm impressed beyond words. I love the way you showed early roots, how you showed her parents' influence on her interest in Sasuke (even if she herself didn't realize it), how you showed her personal dreams and goals and the boys fitting into THOSE, not vice versa. Bravooooo!
lucysaionji chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Wow..that was amazing. I loved the narusaku was so your stories..
Le Lynx des Neiges chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
I pretty like that you've made Sakura prefer this life. It's true that she's strong - and, well, my hope to see Naruto and Sakura end together diminish, but there are always fanfics, and yours is part of my favorite ones.
OCQueen chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Okay, I absolutely love how you portray Sakura in your fics! You make her likeable even before Shippuden...
Sundarii chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
i'm so glad i payed a visit to your profile again-you've impressed me once again with how well you write! i really love the way you write sakura, she's perfectly in character.

amazing job
The Violent Tomboy chapter 1 . 4/9/2008

What I like about Sakura is that she really matures over the course over the story. Starting out as a rather annoying and useless character into the strong, confident character she is now.
dark hope1 chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
This was such an awesome fic. Very deep. I love how you described Sakura's change and her parents reaction to her growing up as a ninja. Though I did wish that you go more into her relationship with them. Other than that, it was very good. Love it.
illuminated bestiary chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
A beautifully written piece; I have no words for how much I love it. The writing is smooth, coherent and poignant, and the character is so real you feel the emotions. Thank you so much!
Crimsondreamsofregret chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
I really loved this because in many ways Sakura is the most believeable character in the whole series. Little girls always have a fantasy man who usually tends to be all in thier imaginations. Great job on this anyway _
Virande chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Beautiful, beautiful. When I added it to my favorites, I thought it was enough praise, but I can't help myself.

You write Sakura so believably without sacrificing the study's beauty. She does seem like she loves rehabilitating every problematic little creature that comes to her, whether it wants her help or not, doesn't it? And the little hint at future NaruSaku when her suitors were mentioned was touching, so realistic and just so properly placed, not too prominently as to swallow the focus on Sakura, but still's a gem.
Fairybitch chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
simple beautiful... you have given me an entirely new perspective on Sakura... thanks
RakeeshJ4 chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
I like this story:) It seems to be a true representation of humanity, of what it means to find some comfort, peace, and happiness even in suffering.

I like those kinds of stories much more than the ones which end happily ever after.

The Sakura here is also quite interesting, someone who cherishes hurts but isn't a sadist or a masochist. I think there are people like that.
carrot stix chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
fantastic. well written and in character. great job.
Tea's chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
I happened across this fic quite accidentally and couldn't even remember why I had clicked the link to begin with...but good thing I did, because these days, I so rarely find a fic on this site that "speaks" to me the way this one did.

I will admit that Sakura was one of my least favorite characters for the longest time, but then it was like she did a sudden 180 on me after that whole Sasuke retrieval arc and then after the 3-year time skip. She just sort of bloomed overnight in my mind, really. My point is, I felt like this fic captured that similar feeling for me somehow. The wording and style were both done very well...and it sucks you in as you watch Sakura grew into something so broken, yet beautiful at the same time.

One random thing to mention- I must say that I originally thought the fic was best ended at the line:

"She likes it better this way, battered and broken and mended, the way everything else she has loved the more in her life turned out to be."

before you started on to your final segment of the fic. I guess it just felt like a good closing point...and the flow of the first 3 paragraphs in the next segment kind of threw me off. But after that, the "flow" returned and I now have to say that I loved the way you ended this fic even if I had thought differently before.

Truly a wonderful job. It's one of those fics that sort of lingers in your mind even after you've finished reading it- and I just want to thank you for writing such a lovely fic on Sakura. (Sorry, my review turned out so long...I have a tendency to ramble, yes)
crazytreeotaku chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
Vey nice. I like this one much better than the one about Gaara. Much less depressing.