Reviews for Mega Man 5: Blood Among Brothers
Charles McCoy chapter 18 . 2/15/2010
I can state with a certainty that Im going to have to read the rest of your novelizations, not just the Megaman ones.

However, I think Ill read the other series novels after March or in mid-april when I hopefully have Tales of Time Book II Finished.

Hopefully.

Anywho, I really liked what you did here, and I just loved the scene with Darwin :P I would love to point out that it wasnt just a robot master that lied to him, and that they did it for a very good reason.

But, bah. Not important :) On to the next book, number 6.

Oh, and from what Ive read so far, your better then some of the professionals out there.
Charles McCoy chapter 15 . 2/15/2010
You may have noticed this, but usually I review after I finish reading...but this chapter...

This chapter I couldnt, especially after that last bit with Doc-Man...Makes me almost wish there was a way to bring him back...

This chapter is awesome, and I cannot WAIT to reach book sevens ending. I hope you keep these things going, because I am entranced.
Looneygamemaster chapter 18 . 9/20/2009
I'd say this one was SLIGHTLY weaker than your previous ones.

Still, since they were of such high quality, that doesn't really say much. More importantly, this is a wonderful story in its own right. The scene at the beginning, where Blues witnesses a friend being murdered because he's a robot, is genuinely tragic, and shows the kind of blind hatred that would be present even in the future. It also provides a plausible explanation to why Blues WOULD go bad, even though those who've played the game (sorry, Mega Man Show writers) know otherwise. It wasn't done quite as well as in Mega Man 3, but I think you did well in not giving away who the real mastermind was until the end, while throwing subtle clues (like that midway chapters not in the game).

Also, the humor in this story was particularly good for some reason. Every scene where Proto Man and Dark Man talked to Napalm Man, or even mentioned him, was hilarious, and Doc Man's line about roller skates was somewhat random, but funny as well. I also like how you managed to give development to other characters aside from Rock; Kalinka and Roll's argument allowed for some growth for both of their characters, and Corbun and Mr. X's conversations illustrated what wonderful characters they were, even though they weren't in the game. But Vinkus-Vinkus was the best. He's actually developed, developed from a blind robot-hating racist, to a man wary of robots for the good of mankind, but able to trust and even befriend them. That scene at the end where he beat Arcian was one of my favorite in the story.

I have mixed feelings about Doc Man-bringing him back does seem like overusing him a bit. Still, he was written well enough to overlook this, and the challenge that Mega Man had to overcome by facing him made the overuse risk worth it. And the fight with Wily was done fantastically-differently, but fantastically. It's a more substantial defeat than the others, because Mega Man actually SCARED him this time, not just beat him up.

Anyway, good story, and keep writing!
Silver Warrior chapter 18 . 1/17/2008
awesome! Truely, these are great stories. The fights themselves are a bit short, but really cool.
jfr07 chapter 18 . 5/8/2007
And another incredible piece of you...

The scenes of Docman (sorry, I meant of course DARKman)

and Protoman were awesome...

I liked, how you kept Blues as the "true" enemy until the last moment, and how you even reinforced Rock's belief, that he has to fight his own brother.

The Fights against the Robot Masters were rather short, but otherwise keep up the good work!
RedKatana chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
Perfect as always! *Aplause* Bravo Magus523!
Nova Flame chapter 18 . 4/15/2006
Since you're going to start MM6 sooner or later, I thought I would review again. I think this genre has been pretty awesome. You're very detailed in the storyline and the actual action that's being done. I think the boss fights could be a little more detailed, but they're pretty interesting all the same. The fact that you don't go in the natural order keeps things interesting as well.

A few things about this that I've picked up on. In my Zelda review I noted Rock and Roll's personalities. When I mentioned that, the only other basis I had to go on was Jetmode's "Megaman Timeline" story (which was very good, by the way, and I think you'd agree). When I saw you mention her in the Author's Note and thought back to her characters, I noticed how similar they were. Nothing major, but just an observation.

The second thing I noted was how MM3, 4, 5, and 6 are all based on Wily's deception. I'm really interested in how you're going to pull MM6 off, because of the unique situation there. Not wanting to give away any of the plot for those reading this on the review's page, I'm wondering how you're going to fool Megaman next time. Guess I'll just have to wait and find out, huh?

The final thing I wanted to add was the inclusion of Doc Man. You did a very good job on keeping Proto Man the enemy until the end. For those who didn't know the initial plot, I don't think I would've guessed it would've been another Wily trick. As for Doc Man, I think he's always been one of my favorite characters of the game, though he was only used in the MM3 game. You adding personality to him made him that much better. I'm glad to see that he ultimately turned good (to some extent, I guess). I'm also interested in what he said about Mega killing Wily. I know Mega was going to do it at the end of 7, though he hesitated, but I don't if Mega ever kills Wily later. I guess the question is, do you know this as fact or is just something you threw into the story to give it a little kick? You don't have to answer that, I'll probably research it out later. If nothing else, I'll just keep watching you write.

I guess that's it. Keep up the great work and I'll catch ya later.
Jessi Tsuki chapter 18 . 4/5/2006
...Wow. You are amazing! D:! I loved this.
Jessi Tsuki chapter 2 . 4/4/2006
*Whistles* This fanfic looks long. That's a good thing! XD Sadly I have to quit for tonight, mm it's late. I love Blues
Kid chapter 18 . 3/11/2006
This has to be the best Mega Man novel I have read. The drama, the revelations, i can even detect a hint of romance between Blues and Kalinka.

I wonder how you'll do with the rest of the series.

maybe when you are able to, you could write a Novelization about Suikoden I if at all possible.
Squall Highwind chapter 18 . 1/16/2006
Wow man...just finished 4/6 of your novelizations. Just CT and the zelda one to go. And from what ive seen...its all awesome work. dunno why i didnt review till now...but meh...

One question: Why no MM1/2 novelizations? Lack of interest? No time? Just wonderin...

hope to see more!

SH v2
golden-eyedwolf842 chapter 18 . 1/1/2006
Great job. I really like this story. I hope that you will update soon! :P
Agent 113 chapter 7 . 12/28/2005
You ve Done it again Cant for MM6 and good luck with Zelda

Heres hoping you DONT piss off the fanboys

But you probally dont need
ngrey651 chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
This story is amazing...all of your work has been amazing. Maybe you don't want to be a professional, but you shouldn't give up on that idea so easily.
isis2k2 chapter 18 . 11/13/2005
This was awsome, I look foward to your next work. However, there is one think that just keeps bottering me through your MM fics. The battles against the Robot Masters, they are just to easy on MM's part. That really tears down the whole humans can't win against RMs. On the other hand, I like that you focus more on devoloping your characters than in anything else. I think that's waht has kept me comming to finish this fic and read some of your other works as well. You have begun to explore the whole can Robots love aspect with Blues and Kalinka, and now the Robots have a soul. I really like that, sadly the only part that I doubt I will ever see you write about is the fated time when Megaman breaks or not the First Law. Well, that's all I have to say for now I'll wait for you next move in the fanfiction community.

P.S.

Thanks to you now I'm a Erico fan now, all thanks to MM4's epilogue.