Reviews for Lament
alljuststories chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Wonderful ;) I really love the way you describe Zhou Yu. Absolutely amazing.
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
Very, very well written. Most of your other reviewers have already expressed my thoughts, so all I can say is: bravo.
Savvy0X chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Aw...That is depressing. Too bad this is only a one-shot because it would make a great story...
everkitsune chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
life is hard, and we separate people from people. Unfortunately, the human world lives and thrives on status...the ones who were either born to a certain family or in the right place at the right time get more popularity than others. And we let the lord to servant thing continue, even though it is now 2006...we will never change, unfortunatly. I love the fi tho, the poor girl, it made things so heart wrenching...Im sure Zhou Yu didnt mean anything behind those words "I just did not see you." It was the way he was raised...by the way, i loved how you portrayed the characters in this, Its bery thoughtful and full of idea.
Valiowk chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
What an exquisite story! The theme is deceptively simple, yet captivating; unfamiliar, yet upon second thought, completely natural. You've captured the feelings of this "servant of the third class" perfectly; feelings which she is as entitled as any other girl to have, yet which we know will bear no fruit.

Your words "I just did not see you" are completely heartwrenching. Zhou Yu is certainly not to blame, yet those words are simply so cruel. I'm left wondering: what can we say to either one of them? It is nobody's fault, yet everything is wrong; it seems like such a simple scenario, yet it leaves us at a loss for words. This is something that I'll certainly be contemplating for quite some time in the future.

Thank you so much for the enjoyable read. I'm definitely hoping to read more of your works in future!
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
I saw this fic earlier but I needed to play Dynasty Warriors again to refresh my memory. Zhou Yu. A most dishy character, I have to say. That game sure is addictive. But anyway, this is a beautiful story, and I love your dialogue and descriptions, as always. Sucks to be Zhou Yu's servant, though. Damn that unrequited love. Thanks for the lovely read. :)
Cocoa Mothership chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
This is the most beautiful and amazingly-well written pieces ever.
Atthla chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
This is, quite possibly, one of the most beautiful pieces I’ve ever read. Works as yours are the sole reason why I am willing to spend times plowing through mounds of fanfics, which is to find a jewel like this. I cannot remember the last time I feel this contented after reading a fanfic.

Your theme is simple, but oddly, captivating. I can feel the sadness, the longing of this servant girl very intensely, without losing the objectivity of a third person’s view. This is, I must say, a great accomplishment on your part. And I really have to say something about your Zhou Yu. Everything about him here – his description, the way he reacts to things – proves a splendid grasp of character. Really, I find not a single imperfection in this. Every word just knows where they should be and they truly color this fic as perfectly beautiful as possible.

A very enjoyable read, and I really thank you for writing this. I sincerely hope to hear more from you again.

~Atthla~
Akane-chan chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
Man, I absolutely love this story. Hm Angst, gotta love it!
chocobogoddess chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
oh, oh, so bittersweet! Zhou Yu...really, what is there to say?
solsere chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
It's very magnificently written! And absolutely stunningly beautiful. I especially love the ending! Your mastery of description really does allow for the scene to come alive in the readers mind. And though the reader might yearn for a satisfactory "happy" ending, this one was entirely appropriate. _ Please continue with your writing! (I wish for more chapters, though the story is perfect this way) XD
Crazy Insanity chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
Very well-written. Look forward to seeing more.
illuminated bestiary chapter 1 . 7/15/2005