Reviews for You Can't Always Get What You Want
overninethousand chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
hello: sesshomaruandrinfaq . blogspot . com
sesshomaruandkagurafaq . blogspot . com
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Why the only time it is apropriate to discuss metaphysics is the late hour. With ample drink to accompany.

All in all extremely grin-worthy and hug-able is the best way I know to describe it. For it certainly made me feel good.
Diary chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
I enjoyed this.
Sarai D. Lee chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
O

I really liked how you pulled this crossover off. Most people make a nasty MESS of crossovers, but this one was...utterly supurb!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
Sweet ending.

I liked that you had Sesshoumaru meet Kagura when she was older and not some drop dead gorgeous vampy type. It was an unusual choice, but I liked it, simply because Kagura would need the wisdom that comes with years of life experience to be able to deal with Sesshoumaru.

I loved the words about the human heart at the end too. It was a nice way to round out the story.
Negotiatrix chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Wow, that was amazing! I usually stay very far away from Sess fics b/c they are so annoying. I am a huge Furuba fan though, so I couldn't resist this one, and I'm so glad too!

Your Grandmother Kagura was wonderful, and I was so rooting for her and Sess to get together. I nearly stood up and cheered when they did! The exchanges between the two of them were great, especially the one about his lovers and business rivals.

I liked how his relationship with Rin played out too. Very touching and realistic, and even in character. It's hard to make Sess emotional without going totally out of character, but you managed him nicely.
Nelson Bannaba chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Ah, February brings a welcome break so now I finally have time to check out your Aunt Mabel's sweater. I am not familiar with Fruit's Basket, but I loved it! I thought the seduction scene with Sess and 'Rin' was very sexy and (older) Kagura's personality was fitting. I dug the scene with the fan. Most interesting were the interactions between Sess and Naraku. Now that I know where to find more of that, I'm itching to read 'sympathy'!
foamyfan15010 chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
::sniffles:: That was so sweet and sad! I loved the natural way you intertwined the Inuyasha and Fruits Baskets characters. I usually try and avoid reading crossover fics, but you pulled this one off beautifully. Another thing I particularly enjoyed was how much you had Sesshomaru 'grow up.' It's nice to see him move past that 'all humans are inferior' phase and instead accept them despite their flaws.

If none of this makes sense, I blame it on the fact

that it's three in the morning. lol

The bottom line is that this piece was fantastic. Seriously. Well written, heartwrenching, original... I could go on forever. Writers with your caliber are hard to find, so please don't *ever* think any less of yourself. Excellent job, chica. :o)
paynesgrey chapter 1 . 9/15/2005
Wheeze and Faerie-chan both recommended this to me and I gotta say, I love it! I love the pairing her, the name dicotomies, Kagura's reincarnation. This was brilliantly executed. It puts all the other IY/FB crossovers to shame. Excellent work, Lavender!
Josefina chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
That was really good. I happen to adore Fruits Basket and well I do like Inuyasha so combining them is like the best of both worlds. I think you did an excellent job with Sesshoumaru's characterization and well the Isuzu and grandmother Kagura moments were very touching. All around this is one of the best crossover fics that I have read.
Wheezambu chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
*staggers* Lavender, I don't know what to say. This story is sheer perfection. I really hope you continue with this as a series of shorts, about Naraku and Sesshoumaru. I loved every bloody word, I swear to god. This was just amazing, you ever so deftly brought two of my favorite series together. It was beautiful, although I was kinda hoping Sesshy would get to bed Rin Sohma, too pretty, I understood why you didn't. It made the story so much more poignant that way. And I adore Haru so I'm happy with that. Much love for this!
QueenOfHalf-BakedIdeas chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
Wow, both this and "Sympathy for the Devil" were very well written and interesting. It's fairly amusing to watch Sesshomaru stop Naraku at every turn, and it's touching to see has Sesshomaru has changed from how he was 500 years ago. Also, I think that it is interesting the way you portrayed humanity as "some form of cosmic ascension".

Anyway, it would be nice if you would let me know when you publish your first book. Never stop writing!
Asteria chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
Amazing. I especially like your use of Rolling Stones song titles. I'd love to read more stories in this continuum, the use of Naraku's and Sesshoumaru's perspectives is very well done and unique.