Reviews for The Date
Fayari chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
Fluffy, with a side of stripperific.
Fayari chapter 5 . 6/4/2011
I don't think they'd make a great couple. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see them get together, but there are just way too many issues between them.

The fray-adjacent thing, the whole Angel mistake, that horrible lap dance, Buffy's PTSD, her necrophilia with Spike, the various spells and mysterious stuff between them, that hyena rape thing, Xander's self-esteem practically being demolished by Buffy almost every chance she gets, Xander's infidelity issues, the whole Choosing/Trusting the thing Xander despises over Xander himself schtick, etc.
RngrThorne chapter 14 . 8/2/2009
Wow. Nice story. Gives you lots of hope for them in the future.
blue talith chapter 14 . 6/18/2009
A thoroughly enjoyable story! Really like it a LOT. Any time Buffy & Xander end up happily together is all of the good!
Litany of Hate chapter 9 . 5/20/2009
I could only go about six paragraphs into this chapter before I thought I'd vomit. The sheer amount of butthurt and BAWW is ridiculous. I honestly should have dropped this review back in Chapter Six but I figured I'd give the situation a chance to play out and for Xander to grow a pair. Obviously, he didn't and it only got worse from there. Xander is a MALE. Personally I think you should write him as one.

Running, crying and being a little baby? What? Oh yeah, that's the kind of guy I'd like to see with MY daughter! Why is he being such a massive clit about it and why does anyone care? Why isn't anyone screaming at him to get over himself? 'Boo-hoo Angst' is BS. Real men don't cry and only this new generation of emasculated, sensitive little pussies would believe otherwise. I'm in complete agreement with Joyce's first judgment call and Xander can go home with his dick in his hand and wallow in his own self-pity for all I care.

Having said that your prose is passable. There are errors but it's better than most I've seen. In sentence-composition I'd rate you very readable, albeit a bit overly simplistic. Both your prose and dialogue can be cheesy, lending even more eye-roll when your inevitable drama-avalanche begins rumbling down the mountain. If I were you, I'd concentrate more on storytelling and a LOT less on the romance aspect, developing it with the story instead of as the main focus. It's obvious the entire point of this fic can be summed up as 'Xander and Buffy equates to good'. I've not seen any real character development, just some contrived reasoning to support your 'thesis'. Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

I'm not convinced, especially after your portrayal of Xander.

Better luck to you in the future...
gaul1 chapter 10 . 11/16/2007
good chapter, byes
Tanydwr chapter 13 . 1/11/2007
Great story.

I love Buffy/Xander, and the Diagnosis Murder mini-crossover is awesome! I love it! And with Steve and Xander's conversation, you had Steve down so well, I could his voice in my head! On second thought, that *is* slightly worrying. For me, that is...

Keep up the wonderful work.

Lol, Tanydwr
Jason Barnett chapter 13 . 12/24/2006
I'm just skimming this to see if I want to read it further, but in chapter 13, I wanted to point a couple things out. Maybe I just missed something that would explain it. But Cordelia was witness to a love spell that Xander tried to place on her gone wrong. So seriously she does have precednet.
WBH21C chapter 11 . 11/11/2005
Woo with a side of Hoo!
Toniboo chapter 11 . 11/8/2005
Hi! u Updated - YES! love the chap it was reli sweet w/o bin ovakil! pl;ease update again soon
destructo doll chapter 10 . 10/27/2005
Aw, that was a cute little fic
Toniboo chapter 10 . 8/29/2005
hey! again i say i love this fic! i love their interactions with each other! please update soon
Toniboo chapter 9 . 8/9/2005
hey, thanx 4 finally updating! i love buffy and xander together! this fic isnt forced or moving too quick - i love it! please please please update soon!
Toniboo chapter 8 . 7/23/2005
hey, still loving ur fic! updat e soon!
Toniboo chapter 6 . 7/19/2005
o no poor xander! buffys gona b so pissed! please update as soon as you can!