Reviews for The Geek’s Field Guide to Arachnids
Lovinlife3792 chapter 1 . 10/20/2010

Rock'n'Slash chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
WOW! THAT WAS SO AWESOME! I LOVE THIS STORY!
Choas Babe chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Please tell me he didn't say that right before he got laid. Oh please tell me he had enough self control to wait.
kiftgirl chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Excellent story :) rarely is mckay/shep slash told so well and convincingly. More stories like this please!
Delka chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Okay-readable story. And this comes from someone who HATES slash of any kind. But when you mix H/C with it-oh it works well enough. Thanks.
Harpyquin chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
This was really cute and funny! go you .
KitsuneHi13 chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Ah, I love your fic! I never thought I'd find myself reading a Rodney/John fic until I stumbled upon yours! _
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
So HERE'S where everybody went! I haven't been keeping up like I should. Marvelous story! Now I get to spend all weekend reading the rest of them...taking down the Christmas tree can wait another week; it's fake, anyway!
Tarlan chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
Great story... lots of action and wonderful McKay and Sheppard moments :-)
CatC10 chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
I just love how the end mirrors the beginning so well.

It's FAB. Very nice. Gonna go read more now.

ME
cooksterbird chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
ok first time i have ever reviewed and have to say did not read summary properly and didn't know this was a slash. personally dont like slash stories but was so engrossed in the plot line counld not stop reading. Have to give u a big up to a really fantastic story, really liked the way u switched between pov's and must say the relationship between shep/mckay really interesting. Job well done! Hope there are more on the way as have now read all 3 that i could find on site.
Emrys1 chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Okay,

I'm in the process of re-reading all of the Goon/Geek fics, and I realized that I never reviewed this one. So here I go (now, keep in mind that it's midnight...wow, relatively early there for me but still...and I've had two drinks that both had vodka in them...could make for an interesting review).

Anyway, there were so many things that I liked about this fic, and so many lines that were just so wonderfully done that I really can't say enough about it. One of my favorite parts was this:

'“Well,” he said in a barely audible whisper, “there’s something you don’t see every day.”

It was killing mice. And the poor goddamn things were everywhere. Hundreds of white mice were out of their destroyed cages and tearing around the room, squealing and climbing anything in their path, as the robot raced along the walls firing at them. With each hit a mouse would fall, curl up, and not move again. Sometimes there was blood around their mouths and some actually blew up. Just…blew up. It was…damn, it was kind of horrible.

“Holy shit,” I muttered, appalled. “It’s like a massacre at Disney’s House of Mouse. What the fuck is it doing?”'

But really, there were so many things about this story that I liked, that it's really unfair to just pick out this one.

I just love the continuity of these stories. I know I've said that before in reviews of Koschka's other fics, but these co-authored ones are just as well done on that front. Additionally, I love the flow of the plot. I can't quite explain it, but I like the way that things that seem pretty inoccuous in the beginning of the fic (Rodney gave Carson the eppy from Sheppard's pocket) culminate as big whopping bad things at the end (Sheppard doesn't have the epinephrine to give to Rodney). I love it how you guys had action take place in the biology labs...and then disaster strikes in more ways that one. I love the detail here as well...the frogs! But that could just be because I'm a biologist turned chemistry teacher.

Anyway, this is a great fic. I don't even really read slash all that much, and here I am dying to re-read (yes, it's the whole re-read thing) the next fic.

And I will start now, despite the fact that it's midnight here and I have had two vodka tinged drinks (okay, let's be honest here...there was more than a tinge to that drink!).

And Koschka, I have read High Goon, but I'm not going to review it until I make my way through the rest of the series (again). I'm not quite sure why...I think I just want to catch up with the reviews that I've missed.

But you know I just loved it, right?

Okay, you can tell I'm being influenced by the vodka, because this is getting long and babbly.

Write more! Or I'll have to resort to re-re-reading...and that's just not right, you know?

Take care,

Emrys
krysalys chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
BWA-HAHAHAHAHA!

ROTFLMFAO

Just wanted to let you know that I just HAD to use two excerpts from your story in my sig line. *snickersnort* I absolutely love your McKay/Sheppard banter. SnarkFest 2005 is a winner!

Wonderful story, and I'm sorry to have read them all out of order. Now I understand what Rodney meant when he said about how his ring makes a nice noise in that hostage tape.

Your stories are fantasticaly written. I absolutely adore your style, m'dear.

-}-

Krys
Carrie H Potter chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
this is the best story i've ever read...no joke. would you believe i was actually searching for a parody about the rodney/carson kiss? but i stumbled across this gem. now i am a McShep shipper all the way. awesome story. keep up the great work!
mouse8 chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
What can I say? Please, please, please give up your day jobs and write full time! Separately you guys are wonderful, together you're totally awesome. I loved every word of this and just wished it was about 10 times as long. Perfect in every way. Please write more soon!