Reviews for Seeds of Love
This is great. :3
siyethemba chapter 1 . 7/20/2016
wow
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2016
Oh, this is gorgeous. One of my favorites of the Greek myths, I've often wondered at their relationship. I'm sure Hermes knew what was going on and casually left them alone to take their time. Nice parallels to PotO, too. ;)
FrustrationLag chapter 1 . 11/4/2015
I adored this.
Estoma chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
Love, love, love this! I've written a few stories on this topic myself.

I'm assuming you've read the version of this myth in Ovid's Metamorphoses, and in the Homeric Hymn to Demeter? I can see elements of both myths in it.

So many things to pick out that I enjoyed. Where to start? The language felt just right for the story, and your intimate scenes had just the right level of detail. One exception though...I do not like this euphemism: 'hot column of your love'

What a beautiful scene, as Hades and Persephone eat the pomegranate together. I like to think that Persephone grew to love Hades, and you've shown this idea beautifully.

Thanks for a lovely piece.
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
This was an interesting take on the myth of Hades and Persephone. I like the way you showed her slowly starting to accept life in the underworld, while leaving room for doubt that she would actually choose to stay with him of her own free will.

That seed-eating scene... *blushes*

Ok, the beard-licking part was weird, though. (So fluffy, lmao.)
Cheile chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
Hiya, Stefanie. I’m in a mythology mood, so this was my obvious choice for today’s tagging.

I like how, throughout, you use the haziness of lost time to show Persephone’s confusion. As she says, how can you measure time in the world of the dead?
From the moment Hades abducts her, events melt one into another into another until time seems no longer sensible or even tangible. She is aware of only specific things—his initial violation of her, his comforting her afterwards, his offers of a rich banquet and finally—how he begins to woo her rather than use force.

I also really like your descriptions, especially of Hermes and also of Hades’ pride. I think even before you have her say she’s disgusted with her life on Olympus, she admires and has come to love him. Enjoyed the subtle trickery of “oh let me talk to my wife alone” and THEN we see her eating the pomegranate seeds rather than before. Nice little twist in there.

I also liked the uniquely descriptive love scene that is obvious yet not explicit, and weaves together the consuming of the pomegranate seeds along with sealing their bond and making Persephone realize that, yes, she does love this god of darkness. I had to laugh at Hermes pretty much talking to the wall to get the information he needed because it’s obvious that they were doing more than talking in there (since I’m sure he heard all that noise they were making!), heh.

Hermes complimenting her at the end was also an enjoyable touch, as well as giving her hope that they “won’t keep her”. Though from the sound of it, she won’t wait for that time to come – she’s already made that pretty clear that she will return to Hades ASAP after the six months are up even before her farewell promise.

Concrit:
The lines that sound like her thoughts (i.e. “Look at me, mother” and “I will”), I would italicize to show they’re her thoughts. Would help them stand out more :)

Other than that, very well written :) adding to favorites!
LW12 chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
Very impressive imagery.
CoolBones96 chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
That was amazing.
Canela chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Amazing... your is one of the best stories i've read!...thank a lot!
No Longer in Operation chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
great story!
Airene chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
This story is short, but rich. I love the intricate imagery you use to retell the myth. Thank you for writing this.

Angy