Reviews for Chicago: Come Spend Christmas with Murder
Rhonda Petrie chapter 7 . 7/30/2009
That was the best Murder She Wrote fanfiction ever! Now it reminds me of why I fell in love with Murder She Wrote in the first place. I think that was pretty extreme though for Seth and Jessica to be kidnapped and I freaked out when Seth got the cat beaten out of him.
Rhonda Petrie chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Dear World, Shephen Sondheim, Jerry Herman, a little priest, open a new window, that reminds me of all of the musicals Angela Lansbury appeared in. Are those cultural references?
Splash chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
This chapter was very nicely written and I commend the rich use of vocabulary. Jessica remains in character about 90% of the time with only a few withdrawals, such as the disagreement with Amanda concerning schizophrenia. Poking at her relationship with Seth is clearly intentional entertainment, but I wonder if a plan to elevate it to a romantic level exists? I shall read on to find out.

Very well-crafted. I cannot wait to read chapter two.
AdventureGirl6 chapter 7 . 10/12/2008
Great job!

I really enjoyed this.

I first thought that Seth was a bit out of character in the beginning... But still throughally enjoyed it.

I also love the S/J themed stories! Yay!

And ironically, they showed 'A Christmas Secret' tonight during the Hallmark Sunday MSW Mini-Marathon. That one is pretty good. I just KNEW that Jess was gonna get Seth a train! ;)

Too bad they didn't show her opening HER gift!

They ALWAYS do that on TV! I declare! lol

You need to write more!
ConsueloCroyden chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Methinks we know each other. :-)

My only suggestion would be to make a more precise split between sections. For instance, in one sentence, were one place, and in the very next, though it is the next line, we're somewhere else.

But other than that, yay!
jtbwriter chapter 7 . 3/17/2006
That was good-thanks for finishing it!

The end part was so MSW-I can just hear that "Woman, give it a rest."!

Thanks for a good fic.
frank chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Celery (Apium graveolens) is believed to be the same plant as selinon, mentioned in Homer's Odyssey about 850 B.C. Our word "celery" comes from the French celeri, which is derived from the ancient Greek word. The old Roman names, as well as those in many modern languages, are derived from the same root word and sound remarkably similar. This indicates a rather recent wide distribution and use of celery.

Smallage, a plant now cultivated in gardens for flavoring purposes, is apparently "wild" celery, the plant that has been known as celery in the Mediterranean countries for thousands of years. Wild celery grows in wet places over Europe, the Mediterranean lands, Asia Minor, the Caucasus, and southeastward toward the Himalayas. It is believed to have originated in the Mediterranean area. Chinese writings of the 5th century after Christ mention it.
Wheels chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
I love how you added Angela Lansbury's first movie title in to the story, cute. Very nice. I am glad you had another character from the series in it also. And mention Frank.

Beth C.
karen chapter 5 . 9/16/2005
I love this story. I had watched the show its entire run and I believe you have the characters and language down pat. I always thought Jessica and Seth should be together. Its nice to see Jessica somewhat vulnerable too. The layout was somewhat choppy, but not so much that you couldn't follow the flow. When will you finish? Thank you.
completewithtypos chapter 4 . 8/16/2005
Marvelous, darling! But then, you knew that! :)
GraciesMom chapter 3 . 7/21/2005
Oh, no... a cliff-hanger... Jessica in danger... PLEASE post the next chapter soon! I love your stories!
graciesmom chapter 2 . 7/18/2005
OK, you are my new favorite author. I actually have the '86 Tony Awards on tape (ok, I have most years Tony Awards on tape, but that is one of my favorites!). Bringing in the Broadway stuff gives your story more layers, and adds humor to the serious story line. EXCELLENT. But what happens next?