Reviews for A Little Fire in the Storm
Tastytime chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
'hypercritical, overly cynical, entirely disrespectful Doughty Defender of Gondor' Possibly the very very best description of Boromir I have ever had the pleasure to read. I am thoroughly enjoying this story, every last bit of it. I would hazard that your favourite character is *possibly* (I am no good at guessing games) either Gandalf or Boromir.

It is also pleasant to see someone who writes Alexander stories, in the Lord of the Rings fandom as well. Fear not, I shall read/ review your Alexander stories as soon as I can (laziness being a chief character trait of mine!)

I love your inclusion of clasical bits of Elvish mythology into the work- especially Gandalf's private communications with Manwe and Nienna, it made me laugh, and it all seems to fit so neatly together into book-canon. Hope you continue you this.
Elvin BlueEyes chapter 3 . 9/19/2005
I really liked it. Good job on it, and i thought the ending was good too, so don't beat yourself up on that.

DragonDancer5150 chapter 3 . 9/19/2005
. . . ((speechless)) . . .

Just . . . wow! Thanks so much for sharing this! I truly look forward to further stories!
Black as the Shadows chapter 3 . 9/18/2005
That is it? no fair! It was good, and lots of fun to read! please consider writing more!
Whitney chapter 3 . 9/17/2005
This story was very good...I rarely read fanfiction (and i never comment)... and when I chance to read a bit, the characters are almost always unrecognizible from their canon selves.. not to mention poor writing and grammer..I'm not trying to insult anyone's creativity though..

This story was very well written, and funny... and the characters were in character (if that makes sense)... I also enjoyed the Valors' presense. Boromir your favorite?

Chloe Amethyst chapter 3 . 9/16/2005
'Tis a great story! The most important thing to me when reading a fic is character development, and this tale has loads of it. I like explorations of little slices of the Fellowship's life, and this one really delivers. And it is all completely within canon. As I said before, the Professor would be proud!
FallenEagle chapter 3 . 9/16/2005
Great keep writing!
Black as the Shadows chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
oh, please update soon! please please please! *gasps for breath* I like this story alot!

keep it up!
Black as the Shadows chapter 2 . 7/31/2005
Hey this is really nice! please update soon:)
Elvin BlueEyes chapter 2 . 7/23/2005
me likey very much. I hope legolas returns safely. More please.

DragonDancer5150 chapter 2 . 7/23/2005
SQUE! Joye! I've so missed you! And I see you've been busy! Found a bit of time for writing under that crazy schedule after all, have you? ((big grin)) Do you know yet when you'll be demobilized?

What a great start this is! It's been so long since I've read LOTR but I may have to pick it up again soon just to see what parts Tolkien wrote and what's yours, because I can't tell from reading this. That's a hell of a compliment! Truly the only critique is one missed word ("in", though now I can't remember where - sorry!) and a periodic lack of spaces here and there such as: " . . . hiding his amusement behind a soothing tonein ordertoassuage . . ." - but that may the doing of the upload program for the site and not your original file. Dunno. As for who's your fave . . . I can only guess Boromir, Aragorn, or Gandalf based on the amount of dialogue and narrative afforded each, but that is probably due more to the nature of the scenes than favoritism. Your grasp of Boromir's and Gandalf's personalities especially impresses me.

Way to go, girl! _

LilyBaggins chapter 2 . 7/22/2005
I really am enjoying this! I especially got a kick out of your description of Aragorn as healer-peacemaker, spontaneous poet, etc. etc.

I always have just loved stories set while the Fellowship travels, especially gap-fillers for what might have happened on Caradhras. Very enjoyable!

It doesn't appear that you're favoring any of the characters, really . . . though I'd have to say I'd think Boromir might be your favorite.
Elvin BlueEyes chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
i liked it. I thought it was really good.