Reviews for A Place In My Heart
Wynni chapter 12 . 4/16
Loved this little Fic. Well written and fun. thanks for the ride!
Wynni chapter 11 . 4/16
it's just not a phantom fic without a tortured crazed villain dying of love, is it?
Wynni chapter 4 . 4/16
So, Nadir's Lumiere, Madame Potts, and Meg is Chip

now, where's Cogsworth? ;P
Wynni chapter 1 . 4/16
...What's in the East Wing?

(Booma) IT IS FORBIDDEN! (swirly cape exit)

sorry, couldn't resist. Its only my favorite Disney movie evar
DidiMalloy chapter 4 . 2/22/2013
Alexander Dumas? :3 I love'im
celeste98 chapter 8 . 3/25/2012
Even after reading this story for the third time now, I still absolutely LOVE it! I still have one question though that's always pops up when I read this... Does Thomas have Schizophrenia or a form of it? Cause he's showing a lot of the symptoms for it. Otherwise, I can't wait to continue reading the story!

-Celeste98
celeste98 chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
AWWWWWW!

So romantic. sigh! Love the story so far and I'm excited to read more!

-celeste98
debkay chapter 12 . 11/23/2008
I have no idea why you hesitated at first to put this story up-it was wonderful - as usual. I enjoyed reading it so much! The storyline was different and pleasureable and what can I say except you are incredible and gifted!
likes2scrapbook chapter 12 . 8/21/2007
Can't help it, have to say it...Couldn't wait to have another, all I have to say is they are fast...But wonderful story and blended well together...Thomas's insantity just wonderful!
saphireangelcutie chapter 9 . 8/2/2006
how can cristine read the sign of the restaurant, but not the menu?
Into the Storm chapter 12 . 5/11/2006
Hey, awesome story!

I just feel that I'm getting addicted to your fanfics!

The plot of this story kind of reminds me of "Beauty an the Beast"!

I love it!

Waiting for a new story :D

sincerely yours,

-Into the Storm-
Wild Mage Lioness chapter 4 . 5/7/2006
I like how you had Erik's last name be Dumas. He DID write The Three Musketeers and The Count of Monte Cristo. Anyway, this story rocks! I can't exactly say update soon, since it's already finished, but I can't wait to read the next chapter!
MystiStar1 chapter 12 . 3/1/2006
Awesome as always...hehe ) of course ever since you said "And, no, it's not pronounced Dumbass." my brain has refused to go back to the normal way to pronounce it...Even if I didn't want to pronounce it that way...curse my weird brain! No matter...it extremely amused my cousin...she heard me yelling at myself...ha...lol
RachaelMNiner chapter 12 . 2/18/2006
Ah, there we go. There's the happy ending I needed. We have family, reassurances, a spot of music, and the promise of a brighter future.

You handled the story well overall. I think some research into this period of French history might help you out when you next decide to do a period piece, but from the simple storytelling angle, I found this one to be quite satisfying. There were just enough hints to keep me grounded in the mid-19th Century, so I didn't get lost or flicker to far into the future as I read.

My main concern about this story (again, overall; not chapter-specific) becomes the underlying motivations of the characters. Even unto the very end, there are some aspects of them that feel a little flat. Not *contrived*, mind you; it's just that we could have used some more character-building in the early parts of the story to help us understand why they act the way they do. Erik, Christine, Meg, Mme. Giry and Nadir don't act entirely true to type - which is fine, as it's AU - but it may leave the readers wondering *why* this set of characters act differently. That's the interesting thing, after all - the paths that these people have taken to bring them into their present places, with the beliefs and (for the period) strange social mores that they hold. Their beliefs read as very modern - Meg saying that having Erik and Christine's marriage official in all senses but the legal one seems a very forward-thinking point of view, especially for predominantly, strictly Catholic France of the time. Certainly she could think that way! But since it's different from the norm, we wonder why she would think that. The same idea is true of the way that society in general reacted to Erik - or didn't react. I accept it; that's the way you wrote the story. But I still wonder why it worked that way, because society is not terribly understanding of Different People - even these days we still have to make a conscious effort not to stare and gawp sometimes. People of a hundred fifty years ago might have had considerably less compunction about it. Most of the period literature I've read indicates that this would be the likely case.

Yeah, there I go again. Rant, rant, rant.

Don't touch this particular story. You write so much - posting nearly every day or every other day - you've already moved on and made dramatic improvements, particularly in you modern-day epics. Shoot; you've probably already made headway into French history so that next time you dive into a period piece, I'll be floored. (Okay, granted, I get floored and awed and amazed pretty easily, but that makes for a happy disposition.)

And you know, that makes me wonder... What other time periods would work for this story archetype...? On which other nations could we inflict the great saga of Erik and Christine? I saw the one story in your Favorites section that moved the saga to Persia (which I've yet to read - I'm obsessing over YOU at the moment, so the rest of the FanFiction community can just hold its collective horses); I'm sure that there are as many other possibilities as we could imagine. And I would certainly enjoy seeing what you invent.

Now... You've gone on and on about Cold, Cold Heart, so it's obviously one story of which you're very fond. I think I shall read that one next.

Cheers,

Rachael
RachaelMNiner chapter 11 . 2/18/2006
That was a good ending to the Thomas Saga. Sunrise death scenes have always been my favorite sort, if I may make such an odd comparison. The inclusion of the bits of lyrics was well done and definitely touching.

And then baby makes three...

Where's the Real Erik? What have you done with him? He's produced offspring - surprise! - and he isn't even phased! *evil cackle* Ah well. We can't have new-daddy angst in every story, can we. While I do think the scene of his realization felt a bit rushed, it's also a fun and different take on the story.

Now I'm really interested to see how you tie it off with the final chapter. _