Reviews for The Chronicles of Merlin: The Return
LantianTiger chapter 2 . 8/3/2005
This is a great story. I hope that Harry doesn't want to forgive his parents. Maye he can get himself emancipated and live at Hogwarts? OH! Have the sorting Hat testify for him!
ApocSM chapter 2 . 7/31/2005
WOW! I LOVE THIS STORY, MUY BUENO! YOU DID A SUPERB JOB ON THE PLOT! UPDATE REAL SOON!
dontgiveahoot chapter 2 . 7/30/2005
Hey, sorry for the long delay in reviewing. I feel pretty silly. *abashed grin* Let me try to make it up to you with a nice long review.

Firstly, you're right - the "first chapter" actually makes much more sense when viewed as a prologue. In that context, it makes sense to have snippets of Harry's life (both at home and at Hogwarts) shown in intervals rather than a smooth progression of events. It sets things up - the reader knows what Harry's parents and Glory are like, the friendship between Harry, Ron, Draco and Hermione is established as well as the dynamic betwen Harry and some of his teachers (ie Snape and Hooch) and we see both his healing powers and his Quidditch skills. I'd actually suggest re-labelling chapter 1 as a prologue, then turning this chapter that I'm reviewing into chapter 1, and so on.

I like the trip into the forest and the stone that found Harry, awakening his previous life (even though the memories aren't back yet.) I like his dramatic new look, and while I'm very attached to dark-haired green-eyed Harry, I can see that as a dramatic tool, the change in appearance represents the changes Harry's going through and the break from the Potter family. He doesn't look like his father but with his mother's eyes anymore - he looks completely different from anyone in the family. His own self, as it were. Is his hair going to go completely silver, or completely white (as more and more of his life as Merlin comes back to him)? Because that would look very very cool.

I have to add my vote in for finding out how Glory looks. Does she look like James? Like Lily? Like neither of them? Is she short or tall, skinny or chubby, attractive or ugly, tanned or pale? What colour are her hair and eyes? It would be nice to have a mental picture.

It's pretty disgusting (now that I'm re-reading it) that James and Lily shove Harry out the door when they suspect an illness and send him to the Dursleys. Not only does this show a horrific level of child abuse and neglect for poor Harry (although we already knew that anyway) but it also shows a huge lack of respect for the Dursleys. They seem to think that since they're only Muggles, it doesn't matter if Harry makes them sick. And these people consider themselves on the side of Light? That's the exact attitude that Voldemort wants in people, because it means he can sway them his way. Even when they find out that Harry is Merlin incarnate - in other words, he's suddenly a very valuable commodity, just like Glory - they simply decide to wait till he manages to make a 200 km trip, by himself, at 12 years old, then go and get him so they can start to profit from him. It's really repulsive. The more I see these Potters, the more I despise them.

One of the more touching scenes in this chapter was the exchange between Harry as he asked directions from the stranger. What was incomprehensible to the other man - a child being made to walk such a long distance by himself, with no escort or help, because he wasn't welcome at home - was sadly all too normal to Harry's mind. As yet he has no real experience of parental love and guidance, and he hasn't yet been exposed to the Malfoy, Weasley and Granger families. The idea of a supportive family unit is only academic to him - he knows they exist, but he has no direct exposure to any yet.

Please update soon! You know I adore this fic, and I'm aching to see the new storylines and stuff that you talked about!
Blue Werewolf Boy chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
awsome chapter. When are you going to update
firebirdgs chapter 2 . 7/28/2005
this story is so nice, that even i can't critizice it... yet

update, that's all i have to say
Allison Landon chapter 2 . 7/27/2005
Please update soon! It's the first time I've ever read one of your stories and I think it's pretty good! It's very interesting!
Isabelle M chapter 2 . 7/27/2005
Well, this is good. I don't like Harry's powers revealed that fast. One school year and he's already Merlin? It's impossible! And why Dumbledore is at the Potter's? And why Lily is so confident that Harry will go to his Aunt's or can make it there? I like Glory's character but can you describe her look to me? I'm slow sometimes. What's her hair color, what's the color of her eyes, the scar shaped like what, chubby or skinny... I've got endless questions to ask and please answer HOW Glory got her scar and where were James and Lily when Voldemort came.

Ok, I'm done with rumbling. Frankly I like Harry Potter: Way of the Warrior better, is that on hiatus because it looks it took forever to update.

Well, that's the longest review I've ever gave.
sireddraconous chapter 2 . 7/26/2005
Great fic can't wait till more comes out. update soon and keep up the good work
vicky chapter 2 . 7/26/2005
very good continue now
jabarber69 chapter 2 . 7/25/2005
This is outstanding. Stupid Potters, what is sad I know some people like that. they have a son and a daughter, the girl has them wrapped around her little finger and they totatlly ignore the son. I tried to tell them what they were doing to their son, they told me to butt out and then ended our friendship.

What idiots People are!
Calen chapter 2 . 7/24/2005
Man his parents really are scum. Now they know how powerful he is, they're going to 'be nice' to him? Come on! Let his magic cause them suffering and pain the same pain they caused him! Crucio that little cow of a sister of his. Take of an arm and a leg, anything as long as he gets at least some revenge even if he doesn't want it.
kyvvi chapter 2 . 7/23/2005
ah...the harry-merlin story again. Glad to see you again.
GoddessAnjanee chapter 2 . 7/23/2005
Awesome story!

The Potters realize what potential Harry has and they feel that they have made a mistake. If I were in Harry's shoes, I would make them pay dearly for how bad they treated me.

GLORY IS NOT THE ONE TO SAVE THE WORLD, HARRY IS!

PS, Update soon.

Goddess Anjanee :)
Bobboky chapter 2 . 7/23/2005
pretty good so far, i like it
Zaxxon chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Interesting...

Potters doing a Dudley-like act against Harry...

Almost Dark!Potters, even.

What's the story with Voldemort? Did Glory stop him?

What of the original canon Prohpechy? Not exactly sure what's going on.
1,114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 .. Last Next »