Reviews for A Second Chance at Life
Lol he's giving Parker
percy dragneel chapter 10 . 1/22
... So he blocked one of the unforgivables, known to be unblockable by magical means, and just "dispelled" another unforgivable... Honestly read to this point because it was a 50/50 on if I enjoyed it or not but I just can't after this. There's no consistency with who the character is, since he's clearly not HP anymore, and little fleshing out of any characters besides him beyond a name and small trope at most.
AnthonyR89 chapter 14 . 1/11
so, re-reading this, and hoe do they not know who the inca are? they are literally one of the three most important native american civilizations covered in school, along with the Aztecs and the Mayans.
Dicordum chapter 15 . 12/27/2023
The Yeck cap invisibility was never really explained, do they need to have the cap with them or hold it or anything or do they just have the ability now that they were given the caps
GhostOfTheMountains chapter 17 . 12/14/2023
If I were the Inca and saw a group of only 4 people face of against 2 demons and sort of survive, I would run away.
ar111 chapter 1 . 11/12/2023
Remember reading this years ago, still such a good story
Guest chapter 11 . 10/30/2023
I like your Rahkesh, I'm not a big fan of your Harry so far.

You basically did zero work to describe how we get from Canon book 6 Harry to Rahkesh, so there's no real justification for why anyone should think Harry suddenly dropping off the face of the planet and ignoring all his friends makes any sense. Honestly this story would've made more sense post book 4 or 5, at least that Harry was angry and whiny and would've somewhat explained his sudden change in behavior. But post book 6, he's reconnected with his friends, he's determined to stick together and you don't explain at all why that's changed in your story.

I get that you basically want to go full AU and not have any baggage from the existing story and I fully support that, especially as your characterization of most of the canon characters feels pretty off to me so far. Your story is much stronger when you stick to your own elements. Honestly I'm not super clear why this even is a HP fanfic at this point, because you have like 5% Harry Potter at most. With a few tweaks you could've turned this into a really interesting original fiction and cut the fanfic component entirely. I assume it changes later, but right now the HP part of your story is just dead weight dragging down an otherwise interesting world.
RosewoodDragon chapter 4 . 10/24/2023
I don't know if you are aware but it seems that chapter 1 is not letting me on to reread it.
Also I was wondering if you would be okay with me making a fanfic of your fanfic series? Please!
Lukoshi chapter 3 . 10/16/2023
My guy picked the flattest part of Canada (Saskatchewan) and said there are mountains there to rival the Himalayas, there are actual jokes about how flat that part of the country is. Could've just used Alberta or British Columbia ... with the actual mountains that are near as big already ...
dodyousaytim chapter 7 . 10/9/2023
Very happy with your pacing, attention to detail. Liked difficulty witht thread magic (for now) but thpught it was no brainer to enroll in wandless (and move up)
Mamy 83 chapter 35 . 8/28/2023
Pourquoi les meilleures histoires ne sont jamais terminées, c'est assez frustrant de se dire qu'on ne connaîtra probablement jamais la fin. Dommage
Ultach chapter 24 . 8/28/2023
Correction: The term ALUMNI is PLURAL. As in more than one. I.E. so not singular. In summary, NOT APPLICABLE TO A VAMPIRE RULER OF RUSSIA.

The singular term is ALUMNUS. Which would be applicable to the Vampire ruler of Russia in your tale.
erozoth chapter 35 . 8/26/2023
So the MC (is he?) is a side character? at best. All his training, all his power... why won't this serpent die?
Let's start, this novel is a click bait, 100%. I mean, the main plot of HP is a side plot in this story, the enemy of Harry is being dealt with by others.
The MC will be, like everyone else that is young, a side character in the grand scheme of things due to limited power.
The novel also stretched more than it should have, for a few chapters now it was basically the plot: so when are the vampires actually going to stop saying they will and actually do something?
Having said that, I have read a few bestsellers vampire\werewolves books that are not as good as this.
If it was original all the way? Great story.
Frankly, I don't even understand why its a fanfiction, and why it is not a crossover of some type, it obviously is but not marked as one.
If there wasn't a second book to continue I would say to everyone don't bother reading, but there is, so there is hope, but not much.
The only time the MC actually felt like an MC is when he deviated from the canon and decided to train him self in the room for 9 month, a training montage of sorts but also showing what he is capable off, then he went and turned into just another student, in power, abilities and skill. Not average but more than a few at the same generation that are as capable and have their own unique things.
Overall, before reading the next novel, it feels like a wasted time to read, mainly because its a HP "stealfic", expected some last showdown, him showing what he can do... and nothing, talk about anticlimactic.
erozoth chapter 34 . 8/26/2023
Couldn't even kill a snake in one go
erozoth chapter 19 . 8/26/2023
This entire arc is kind of stupid. It felt like an arc to power up the MC, so we know the vampires got magic buff since demon now but it will take time.
The MC? Nothing. Yes, he got things with the dragon blood and what not and learned a lot of things but we were not told what he learned, meaning the author can start changing it as he pleases for the plot.
Bad situation when the MC needs some special magic? oh right, he learned this during the time travel.
Strong enemy? MC is now stronger due to dragon blood.
Another enemy? well, MC didn't get anything for that.
We know he learned some forms of magic, maybe, some potions, physical training. So vague it makes no difference to the story.
Could have, just as much, use the above explanation and say: MC learned it from a book in the room of requirements, or MC is just naturally stronger than this enemy and weaker than that enemy.
It wasn't even a good war to read, the city lost like 80% of the population or more? We dont even know, but know it was a lot... the enemy keeps coming and they are on the defense after such loses? at some point people would start saying: burn the forest, burn the world, kill all the enemies.
Because the enemy will come back, even if the MC is no longer there.
4,930 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »