Reviews for What Could Have Been
goodmorningstarshine chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
I don't know if I have reviewed this story before. I found it through your profile from the updates I receive of "Forget Me Not", which I enjoy very much, by the way. This is perhaps the twelfth time I have read "What Could Have Been", and I often read it twice in one sitting. Obviously, it is one of my favorite stories. There is a definite bittersweet beauty about it. I keep coming back with the hopes that you have continued on with it, but I'm not sure that I would be satisfied with any continuation you might write. The sense of finalty at the end if very stark and filled with despair, and although there is something in me that has a flicker of hope that he will change his mind and not kill her, thinking that he will is somehow more poignant. Very very very well done.
YSM slytherinbookworm chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
Wow! I love it! You should actually try to continue this. Obviously, somehow he doesn't get to get rid of her, hehe. But this is by far one of the most suitable post HBP SS/HG stories out there. It actually deals with the fact that Snape truly is evil. But is also bring into equation that love is powerful in itself, and that it can overcome evil, not from within the evil person but from another person willing to show love to that who is seeming;ly blind to it. In the plot, it is revealed that Albus Dumbledore actually achieved something with Snape, he made Snape perceptible to love. If he hadn't, Snape wouldn't truly understand the power and thus not try to avoid as if it were a tangible danger. Snape understands the power and influence that love can have on a person, in other words he is aware of love, and thus not completely blind to it. In ways, he accepts that he can be affected by it. This gives the possibility that if affected by love, be can come to feel it. Thus romance between him and Hermione is not overly 100% impossible as long as Hermione is somehow given the chance to affect Snape with love. So I believe this story should be continued because by the first chapter one can see very possible chances for evilSnape to fall in love or at least come to be affected by love. In others words, your story has something that a lot of postHBP SS/HG don't acquire: an established credible plot.
YSM slytherinbookworm chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
Sje chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
Well written
AMRA1 chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
Wonderfully written... dark... believable... faintest underlying hope... well written romantic descriptions, that fully convey the meaning, without being too graphic... great possibilities for a full storyline... Thanks!
Hermione the Slayer chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
DAMN... that was dark... and AWESOME!

You write evil Snape really well!
Mrs. Tea Wheeler chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
This one was good. Very dark. A bittersweet dance of prose across the page.
SeverusSnape'sLove chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
Well, that was horrible. I read it because you usually write really good stories, but this one was quite terrible. I mean, it was well written just terrible in what happened.
Snape14 chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
I really liked the story... Hopefully Snape won't turn out to be so mean! But it was cool to see his gentle side...

Update soon.
sallene chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
Wonderful job. For your first attempt at something dark, you did an amazing job.

I love how you show us a bit of the thoughts he's having about Hermione and his feelings about how dangerous it could be.
Maragaret Moony chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
awesome, awesome.
RomaraProngs chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
i realy like it. it's sort of like the first view of next generation hg/ss fanfics wich are now harder to write after HBP.
Lady Laurelin Ancalimon chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
Woah...

That one was seriously...I don't know. I am having a hard time right now after reading HBP. I used to love SSHG stories, but I'm so disgusted with Snape right now, I don't know what to do. This story was exactly what I needed, strangely enough.

I really didn't believe it when I first read the end on HBP. I thought I was reading fanfict at first. I couldn't believe it! Now that it has settled in my mind, I think I might have a hard time going back to my favorite ship. I was ready to throw myself from the deck!
MigratingCoconuts06 chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
Aw...that's not cool...but I liked it!
RachL8 chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
wow that's really good. i refuse to believe snape is evil though. post again soon!
177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »