Reviews for What Could Have Been
Utopia chapter 7 . 11/12/2008
Waw! Thank you very much:) I've really enjoyed this story. It was greatly original.
flyingwithdragons chapter 7 . 2/4/2008
Whew. Love this story - clever, clever Hermione. What a fitting punishment for Snape. I like how you avoided the cliches not only of Hermione falling in love with her captor (as you mentioned), but also of Snape falling in love with his nobly suffering captive. Well-written and very interesting. My one criticism would be that I'm not sure the out-of-chronological-order nature of the last two chapters contributes to the story; instead, it creates confusion at the beginning of the 7th chapter. On the other hand, I see how the threat posed by Snape's return in the 6th chapter might be diminished if we already knew that he couldn't use his magic to attack another person.
bebebe chapter 7 . 9/18/2007
that was darker that your others, i like light better i think. but you write both well
Maddy-Riddle chapter 7 . 9/14/2007
Not sure why I never read this past the first chapter...

I love it. It's a great story. :)
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 7 . 9/13/2007
Wow! Does Severus ever kill Voldemort? That is a kick-ass story! I read the first chapters a while ago, but now you have finished it. Thank you for writing this.
Britt1975 chapter 7 . 9/5/2007
Here via the QtP awards, congratulations on your nomination. It was very much deserved! This was amazing. Incredibly well paced and brilliantly plotted out! I really enjoyed your take on a darker Snape, he was chilling in his ambition...but still human enough for me to feel a pang of sympathy for him at the end.
anonymous chapter 7 . 8/8/2007
Wow. This is a dark and powerful story. I like that you gave her a happy ending.
Megan Consoer chapter 7 . 5/27/2007
I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?
blossomed-angel chapter 7 . 4/5/2007
I really liked the story. Normally, I'm not a big fan of fics that have Snape as being truly evil, but this was very well written and the first I've read of its kind.
SummerWriter chapter 7 . 3/16/2007
I just read the whole story at once, and it's great! I like the idea, and I particulary like the fact that you didn't make it a one-shot. But what I like the most is the way you make the reader figure things out in the end! It's obvious that you really had in mind which end were you heading to, and that makes the story more coherent.

What I mean is that I've read a few stories about this couple (which I love!) that started just as a teenager crush or because Snape had to kidnap Hermione. Then, things started to change and it feels to me like the author had absolutely no idea of what'd happen.

But if you do have a clear idea of where you're heading to, even if you don't mean to your chapters become more coherent and connected. That's what Rowling does, isn't it? She gives hints of what's going to happen, or at least she doesn't invent things when she thinks they may come up handly (Hand of Glory, Marauder Map, Room of Requirements, etc. They all appeared in a different book and took more important roles in another one!).

What is to say... congratulations, because you do not only write good but you also had a good idea, which I think is the difference between a writer and a person who writes.
caseyff chapter 7 . 3/4/2007
I like your unexpected twist at the end of this little tale. It's hard to feel sorry for someone being 'cheated' out of being another Dark Lord. :))

Would you happen to have any unposted chapters of Sweet Mercy lying about? Please... (Sorry to display my impatience. Really impolite of me, I know.)
Aldavinur chapter 7 . 3/2/2007
Oh, this is a great idea! I loved how you worked the plot out! So, now Severus can't even use his newfound power for his dark aims! I'm glad he can't! I mean, maybe, hopefully, Hermione's emotions will make a better man of him! Even if that would be really hard! He's so full of hate and so cold and cruel...

Though I'm glad that at least Hermione's live turned out better now! And her boyfriend seems to be a nice bloke!

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Greetings

Aldavinur
VanilleSky chapter 7 . 2/26/2007
That was an awesome ending...
Droxy chapter 7 . 2/25/2007
OOH so the mystery is revealed! Nicely done, but he still could go after Voldemort. :D A little bittersweet too for this Snape.
brine chapter 7 . 2/24/2007
very interesting! i hope ot read much more and soon. :)

i like your sequence of chapters and their correspondence with events and your overall timeline.
176 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »