Reviews for What Could Have Been
blossomed-angel chapter 7 . 4/5/2007
I really liked the story. Normally, I'm not a big fan of fics that have Snape as being truly evil, but this was very well written and the first I've read of its kind.
SummerWriter chapter 7 . 3/16/2007
I just read the whole story at once, and it's great! I like the idea, and I particulary like the fact that you didn't make it a one-shot. But what I like the most is the way you make the reader figure things out in the end! It's obvious that you really had in mind which end were you heading to, and that makes the story more coherent.

What I mean is that I've read a few stories about this couple (which I love!) that started just as a teenager crush or because Snape had to kidnap Hermione. Then, things started to change and it feels to me like the author had absolutely no idea of what'd happen.

But if you do have a clear idea of where you're heading to, even if you don't mean to your chapters become more coherent and connected. That's what Rowling does, isn't it? She gives hints of what's going to happen, or at least she doesn't invent things when she thinks they may come up handly (Hand of Glory, Marauder Map, Room of Requirements, etc. They all appeared in a different book and took more important roles in another one!).

What is to say... congratulations, because you do not only write good but you also had a good idea, which I think is the difference between a writer and a person who writes.
caseyff chapter 7 . 3/4/2007
I like your unexpected twist at the end of this little tale. It's hard to feel sorry for someone being 'cheated' out of being another Dark Lord. :))

Would you happen to have any unposted chapters of Sweet Mercy lying about? Please... (Sorry to display my impatience. Really impolite of me, I know.)
Aldavinur chapter 7 . 3/2/2007
Oh, this is a great idea! I loved how you worked the plot out! So, now Severus can't even use his newfound power for his dark aims! I'm glad he can't! I mean, maybe, hopefully, Hermione's emotions will make a better man of him! Even if that would be really hard! He's so full of hate and so cold and cruel...

Though I'm glad that at least Hermione's live turned out better now! And her boyfriend seems to be a nice bloke!

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Greetings

Aldavinur
VanilleSky chapter 7 . 2/26/2007
That was an awesome ending...
Droxy chapter 7 . 2/25/2007
OOH so the mystery is revealed! Nicely done, but he still could go after Voldemort. :D A little bittersweet too for this Snape.
brine chapter 7 . 2/24/2007
very interesting! i hope ot read much more and soon. :)

i like your sequence of chapters and their correspondence with events and your overall timeline.
Jasque chapter 7 . 2/24/2007
Is it over? From the author's note it sounds like it.

My comment? Well I've been reading most of your stories since 'An Arranged Marriage'. I must say that your writing has drastically improved and is much more powerful. You're one brilliant author ).
KarenDetroit chapter 7 . 2/23/2007
Wow! What a finish! (I am assuming that this cannot go any further, and Snape is royally screwed).

Excellent gedankenexperiment; of course, I don't for a moment believe that Snape would ever turn into anything like this...
Elle6 chapter 7 . 2/23/2007
wonderful story! I really enjoyed it. The twist at the end was great and I'm glad you continued it past a one-shot.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 2/22/2007
I hope this isn't the ending! Snape becoming human in this fashion is perhaps the only way he'll truly win Hermione's unconditional love, unbound by fear or distrust.

Of course, he'll have to live first. But then again-if he's protecting Hermione from the aforementioned DE's, his magic ought to _really_ work well.
Pen Against Sword chapter 7 . 2/22/2007
This is great, and I've actually been following it from the very beginning. It's been awesome to read, and my brain is so scrambled I can't come up with anything to commend how great it is. I hope you'll excuse me.

The author's note at the end tells me it's over. Is it over?

-Pen Against Sword
Mother of Tears chapter 7 . 2/22/2007
Is this the end? If so, it is a good one. A good end for Hermione and a reckoning for nasty Severus. Like Midas getting the golden touch and not being able to eat, or Jaffar getting to be a powerful genii but naving to be stuck in a bottle. Poor guy...but he brought it all out on himself.
septentrion chapter 7 . 2/22/2007
I've got nothing against a piece in which Hermione falls in love with her capter **fantasy, fantasy** but neither have I anything against a pice in which her captor gets his comeuppance. The way you did it was particularly ingenious.
KarenDetroit chapter 6 . 2/20/2007
Wow! Just ...Wow!

How can you write a finale to this?
183 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »