Reviews for What Could Have Been
dryade chapter 6 . 2/19/2007
Great! Really wonderfull! Is there more?
Mother of Tears chapter 6 . 2/19/2007
Wow! So glad to see your update. I love your story.
vanillesky chapter 6 . 2/19/2007
nice of you to update! please post the end soon
Koliber chapter 6 . 2/19/2007
I just couldn't stand it. To end after something like that. I had to read the last chapter, to know what, why. And I did read it. On your LJ. It is a good ending. I like endings like that one. But I won't write about it now.

I was waiting for this chapter. I have thought that it would be the last one. But it is not. It feels a bit unfair that she had to forget everything just to remember again after some time. But it's good for her to know who she once had been and what she had done because of love. I think that she really loved him - even if she didn't want to. She could have loved him after they had won the war, but it was still possible even after the failure of the Order.

I like this story - especially the first chapter. There's a chill on my spine every time I read it. And not every story gives me a chill :)
MollysSister chapter 6 . 2/19/2007
Ohmygoodness! I am so happy to have the next chapter-and finished by the end of the week? FANTASTIC! So getting Hermione’s power was not the gift he thought it was. It was twisted in some way. Curious. I felt so bad for Hermione not knowing her memories, it must have been making her nuts. Even though they are terrible memories, its good she got them back, she needs to know she escaped and build her life again. Thank you for a wonderful chapter as always Ms Vanity Fair. You rock.
septentrion chapter 6 . 2/18/2007
Drat! I wish I knew it was on your lj. Is the next chapter on your lj as well? I'm going to track it down ;) It's a good thing for Hermione to have her memories back, it will help her heal.
duj chapter 6 . 2/18/2007
"You knew what would happen." But we don't. What did happen?
countrymouse chapter 6 . 2/18/2007
Dear Vanity Fair:

Thank you SO much for letting me know about this update! It was wonderful to read more of this story. And I can't wait to read the last chapter!

You've truly had me guessing, about what the "warnings" and "risks" of the spell Hermione had Snape use to take her magic, were. I had supposed they would involve some horrible, permanent damage to Hermione herself, that once done would be irreversible, and would cause Snape to regret treating her the way he had and forever repining for "what could have been" between them. But, obviously, Chapter 6 has shown me wrong on that. Which is even more wonderful-it means your story is not at all formulaic or predictable, and you have successfully kept me "going" wondering what will be next.

Now, you've added even more hints to the brew. After Snape confronts Hermione and Seth in the bookstore, we know:

1. Hermione knows she loves Seth.

2. Whatever the ill effects of the spell were, they affected Snape, not Hermione.

3. After the bookstore incident, Snape was "never seen again"-does this mean, by Hermione as well?

4. And, the most interesting statement of all, Hermione's to Snape, when he was about to attack Seth: “No!” Hermione said vehemently. Both men looked at her. “You can’t. You know you can’t. It’s not in you to do it. You can’t kill an innocent man.”

But-hasn't he killed MANY innocent people, before? So...why is it he cannot do it, now?

I have my suspicions, but will eagerly await the final chapter to see if they are correct.

Thank you, thank you, again, for this new delicious chapter. Can't wait for the last!

Thanks,

Rubyfey
Droxy chapter 6 . 2/18/2007
I wonder what were the risks HG ripped out of the book. What had happened to Snape as a result of that magic?

For a moment I though Seth could have been Severus. :

Nice dark fic.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 2/18/2007
Scary! I'm not surprised she's working in a bookstore, though. She has a tropism for the written word.

Nasty piece of work, that Snape-but he still can't kill an innocent man.
Nearly headless Natalie chapter 5 . 1/15/2007
I usually favor Snape as the brooding, sarcastic good guy, but this is an intriguing story. Hermione's a bit weaker than canon, but I suppose that's understandable considering all she's lost. And Snape-running around like a "a kid at Christmas." It was such a bizarre way of describing such an unchild-like man. I was torn between laughing out loud and feeling slightly perterbed. While I know it's been a while since you've updated, I thought I'd send my encouragement along. I wonder what...ah...side-effects Hermione ripped out from the book will come back to bite the former professor...

Cheers,

NHN
CathRakka chapter 5 . 12/22/2006
I love this story. It's been a long time since you've updated, are you still writing this one?
Dana Daidouji chapter 5 . 12/15/2006
I find this dark-themed fic of yours really interesting and am dying to know the next turn of events! Please update soon.
Katinka chapter 5 . 11/3/2006
Hello, hello...

You've finally updated, how wonderful!

I was a bit worried that this story would never continue.

Still there is not much to coment on in this chapter, as it was pretty uneventfull.

I'm still dying to know is she going to one-up him somehow!

I hope we dont have to wait as long for the next instalment!

Thanks for writting a great story from Katinka.
Pavi's Girl chapter 5 . 9/27/2006
great story. Update soon...please...
183 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »