Reviews for Duel
Philippa chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
*sobs gratefully* Thank you so much! I really needed that. I've been trying to work something like that out, but I had to go straight from finishing HBP to a week as a camp counselor, and didn't have the energy for it. And frankly, it kind of hurt to think about it.

Wouldn't it be marvelous if you were right?
Dana chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
Just simply wonderful. I like this, the pain and recriminationa nd the ager, and also ,underneath, love for a mentor. Just well done, and a sort of happy ending, to boot!

Well done!
Megsy chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
I knew you would be shocked over HBP and came to see what you had posted and was surprised to see a little ficlet already. Nice little one-shot, well done!
sillyseal chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
That was a great story. I think your theory is correct, I mean , it would explain everything. I really hope you write a 7 year fic after HBP, cause I really like your style. So if you do , keep us updated ASAP.

sillyseal
trivia chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
impressive!..i like it
dominy chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
yes! a story by you right after hbp! i was so excited when i saw it and it didnt let me down. i keep hoping youll do a 7th year fic...
Sunflora chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
Very beautifully written piece with good dialogue and insightful descriptions. I only hope the 7th book will end the same way with both Snape and Harry alive, well, and with a mutual understanding between them. Reading this certainly brightened my day after reading HPB. _
Jeanne2 chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
I must say, in my oppinion you hit the nail on the head. Those were precisely my thoughts on the matter.

I hope that the actual books will progress similarly (if not what happens in the end, at least for Snape's loyalties).

Well done.

Kiwi Jeanne
Enidan chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Wow. You have no idea how good this makes me feel. it's nice to have a good explaination for what happened. i felt auwful with the way the 6th book ended and this is a nice reassurance. thanks so much.

Smile;)

~Enidan
Auree chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
I'm not a fan of Snape, but I believed that he was on the side of light based on the fifth book. The sixth first shook this belief, than upon second thought just didn't make sense. Thank you for illuminating some points that I didn't think of!
LadyJavert chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Jocelyn you are a wonderful wonderful girl. This one shot is...amazing. If you have a mind to turn it into something longer, I'm sure your fans wouldn't mind. The adventures of Severus and Harry...lalala. :P
camille chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Oh, I was so sad when I finished the 7th book, so disappointed... I loved your "battle of wills", much better than this HBP... all the night I tried to understand Snape's behaviour, tried to find how he could be saved...

And I found your one-shot. GREAT! thank you,

and go on, give us plenty of original stories, you are really gifted!

(camille from France)
antares520 chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Brilliant one-shot! The first post HBP thing I've read, and I agree with the direction you've gone - I still hold hope for Snape!
Lindz chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
Excellent!

Short story: I read the book in a day, and after it i had written a one shot from snape's pov right after killing Dumbledore. I share the same views you do, about the entire deal. I decided to wait on posting it, because honestly, i know people are very curious creatures and would read it and it would give away the ending. I read yours and now i feel my story is obselete! And a load of rubbish. My cruddy one shot pales in comparison to this! This is quite lovely and touching and all the good things a story should have, and better expresses the idea of snape killing dumbledore on dumbledore's order. : ) May i qoute my own pile of crum when i say this: Dumbledore is rarely wrong, and when he IS wrong, he is wrong on purpose.

Anywho! I was afraid the Gryffindorish readers would not see past what was written, not read between the lines, and completely give up on Snape! I'm very very glad/relieved to see that you haven't!

Wonderous story! It made me wanna weep sometimes. : (

~Lindsey : )
Liz chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
That was fantastic! God i loved that book! - When snape Avada Kedavraed Dumbledore, i just sat and thought 'WHAT?' but then i had time to think it over and came to similar conclusions. Thanks for the cool little story, thought it was great! liz x
292 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »