Reviews for Duel
Nymh chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Yeah. I don't think Snape's turned, either. The half-undone , pained demand that he not be called a coward sealed it for me. Imagine having to do what he did, and then being called a coward for it?

Can't believe how quickly you wrote this!
warmfuzzygirl chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Well, that was so perfect that I think I'm just going to stop reading "when they meet up again" fics! Just lovely.
Shadow King77 chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
wow... good ending... excellant one shot... but do u really think that snape is Light?
fyrefawkes chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
awesome
Niani chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
*sigh* I can always depend on your stories to be so original. Awesome fic.
Trangai chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Finally, someone agrees with me that Snape isn't truly all that evil. Still kind of evil cause, I mean, he's Snape, but still. I love this oneshot. P
Cheelalaucha chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Hmm, I thought someone was goin' to end up dead or somthin', but this was much more meaningful. I can only hope for something half as great as this from book seven. Wonderful writing, as there always is from ya. Best wishes.

~Chantilly
dude04 chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Sigh. Wouldn't that be nice? It's sad though that JKR probably, most definitely, meant Snape to be a *real* traitor, like Pettigrew. But, if its any consolation, I like your snape better!
mUROCED chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
you know, I wouldn't be suprised if that's actually close to the truth. Hm. Wow. The power of the brain.

Very pretty oneshot. Nice confrontation and all. The explanation makes perfect sense too. Now whenever the 7th book comes out I'm going to be looking for confirmation of this and I'm going to be so upset if there isn't some logical explantion for why snape killed dumbledore!

wonderful read. glad to see another piece from you. I hope you'll continue to post little scraps to read. Good luck in the future!
baie-baie chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
I like it but wasn't the vow at the beginning of HBP just a vow Snape made to Narcissa to finish Malfoy's job? I think it would have been better if you had some how included that. Like Dumbledore took advantage of it so he could die.
teazer chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
you put together perfectly what i was stumbling around trying to piece together of what will happen at the end. Thank you. Now i'll just parade this story to every bugger out there so that they can calm down now about snape being a traitor.
doggstarr chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Stupendous. I can't believe how quickly you had this fic up. I hope that your right with your reasoning.

How shocked I was to think Snape could kill in cold-blood. However much you knew that Dumbledore had to die, to take Harry to the stage of being ready to fufill his destiny, it was a sublime use of the character we love to hate to be the murderer. I'm sure Dumbledore knew about the blood vow with Malfoy, and that his death at Snape's hand is linked to that somehow..Well done for the quickness of your imagination, I just hope that you are working on something else now that Battle of Wills

is finished. Us poor addicts need something to fill the next two years with and if I can't have JKR then this addict definitely needs Jocelyn.
Voldy's pink teddy chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
It seems plausable enough, to me. There are...clues that Dumbledore sacrificed himself, too many to be a coincidence. And Snape would deny possessing any honor unto his dying breath. He's insane like that. And hilarious. Well, at least he is if we're right about him, and he actually has honor. It remains to be seen. But I think we're right. It didn't seem...like Dumbledore to beg for his life, but the Death Eaters wouldn't know that, and Harry wouldn't have and didn't recognize that, in the horror of the moment.

Well written story. Snape and Harry were both characterized well, especially Snape, but I also can't quite picture Harry wanting to spend an eternity with him, at least, assuming any of his friends were still alive. I liked the detail you put into their emotions, though, and the specifics of why they hated each other.
FireWeaver chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
WAH! That was so beautiful! almost 3am and I think my brain has finally snapped itself back into my skull, just register this story, especially the last lines. Everyone support Severus' innocence to the end! *coughs* ok...I think the night is affecting me after all. But great ending. If anything, this is the ending I want Harry Potter to be.
MarsIsBrightTonight chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
Jocelyn, you amazing person, you've done it again. A brilliant one-shot that embodies all the anger and pain at the end of HBP and stays so very enjoyably canon to the end. When i first met your Snape in Battle of Wills, I was unpleasantly shocked at first, but very satisfyed after. Snape is an amazing character because he is to 3 dimensional, so hateable, and yet true to Dumbledore. Your Snape in this fic - as well as your Harry - seem so real and canon.

My only objection is the idea of a huge battle between light and dark with the ministry and the order working side-by-side. Magic is meant for close fighting and surprise attacks, i don't believe there could ever be such things as magical armies.
292 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »