Reviews for Duel
Siriouslyfolks chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Took a quick moment to read this one as well, (clearly I'm of the HP ilk - though I do love LOTR, I tend only to read fanfic when I want to lose myself in something that feels like "home;" I tend to turn to Hogwarts and Harry, et. al.).

Yes, you have real talent. I do hope you are also working on a novel of your own; I would love to see you build a broader audience - and am quite interested in the characters you would choose to develop on your own. You've done that beautifully with the new folks you've inserted into the HP universe, and you've developed Jo's characters in lovely ways that she chose not.

Please do keep up the fanfics, regardless of your other projects.. They are a gift for many and your rewards will be great! :) again - thank you for sharing.
her illusion chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
oooh,lovely :)
Namara-Ashina chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
it's funny how you're pretty much mostly right XD
HerGoldenHair chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Wow, wow, wow! I am extremely impressed that you wrote all this before DH, as it's so nearly spot-on. Very well done. Although, there was one part I was wincing at - the duel scene? Harry wouldn't have a chance against Snape, whose life experience practically makes him Mr. Superpowers in any fight-with-magic scenario. I mean, former Death Eater and DOUBLE spy... talk about Constant Vigilance! Hehe. Still, even with that it was a great story to read.

By the time I got to this line, I laughed and decided this story's getting saved to my favorites:

"as if he'd grown a second, third, and fourth head."
Killingmemory chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
That was so original and well written! I love the amount of depth you gave these two characters in this simple one-shot. The bitterness of their relationship to one another really comes across as brutally honest. It was just... right. Thank you for sharing this. I loved it.
jules3677 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Found the sequel on another authors favourites list. So I thought I should read this one too. So glad I did. Well written. Well emoted. Thankyou.
Kerubim chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
I was very good and I liked it. However, there is no way in hell that potter would be able to defeat snape in a duel. I'm assuming that snape wasn't really trying at all?
Eternal Headache chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
God, I love you. Another brilliant work!
olciak123 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Amazing - no need to say more ;) Bravo!
Helene chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Love your HP stories. Wish I could get the owl site to register me so I could read the rest of them.

Thanks for a great read!
Neyr chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I'm rather late, here but this oneshot is rather intriguing. I will, undoubtedly be moving on to the sequel.

Thank you.
Jamieson Zed chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
This was an excellent story, very compelling and also very well-written (I've been frustrated lately with the poor attempts at English I keep running into, and yours was a breath of fresh air for sure!). I enjoyed it immensely, and I'm looking forward to jumping into Dumbledore's Men to see where you go with these lost and broken versions of the characters. Great job!
Mitch chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Excellent fic. Original idea. I never read anything like it.
Ivytruce2 chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Reall well done, you write just as good as JK.
WikedFae chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
*gape* Well. Let me take a deep breath. A poignant and emotionally moving scene that stands alone, strong in its logic and analysis, even with 20/20 hindsight on the canon storyline. While I've read stories that assert or hint at this linked relationship before, few have managed to capture the raw, visceral pain needed to forge these two men together. This piece is one of those few. A true gem. Bravo! Brilliantly done and thank you!

-WikedFae