Reviews for A Keen Observer
LaFolleJane chapter 1 . 2/15
Absolutely LOVED this story. You write beautifully. This is definetely better than Cursed Child, lol

I find there is something melancholic about this story, even though Andy and Ted get their happy ending. Just the way the three sisters fall apart, their previously loving relationship completely ruined by prejudice and hate. Sad thing is, such things take place in real life, too.
I think you depicted young Bellatrix and Narcissa in a way that really fits canon. It really was like getting an insight into those characters.
We didn't really learn much about Andromeda and Ted in cannon, but I think you did a wonderful job elaborating their backstory. It saddens me even more that Ted dies in book 7, after reading your fic.
Also, I like the way you depicted Slytherin. We usually associate them with evil and bigotry, but it was always implied that there's more to Slytherin than that, and we got to see the house under a different light in your fic.
Anyway, one of the best fanfics I've ever read!
Desires of Autumn Leaves chapter 31 . 10/28/2017
Finished finally. It was really a good journey reading this fic, an insight in the lives of Black Sisters. Loved it a lot ;)
Desires of Autumn Leaves chapter 24 . 10/28/2017
Damn. Never thought Mrs. Wilkes was the woman whom Alphard loved and Damn you Narcissa, she's your sister for God's sake!
Desires of Autumn Leaves chapter 20 . 10/27/2017
Well phrased dude. Covered in Chocolate!
Desires of Autumn Leaves chapter 13 . 10/26/2017
There's a reason Sirius is the best!
Desires of Autumn Leaves chapter 6 . 10/26/2017
I saw this fanfic on a list on some website stating five Fanfictions which are way better than The Cursed Child and honestly, after reading just 6 out of 5, I admit it. The Black family here fits well with whatever little we know and the writing is very refined. Even though I was supposed to be on a sort of hiatus since exams are running on for me, I really wanted to read this the moment I saw it because honestly, nothing is more interesting in wondering the lives of the Black sisters who all chose different lives starting from the same lines.

The timeline, I know it annoys you when people point it out repeatedly, but for me it looks pretty good for the story to go on. They are all of same age going through so many things, and it only adds to the interesting points.

I especially liked the scene when they were dancing sneaking out in the snow and then came the contrast in this chapter where Bella didn't even let Andy defend Sirius! As for Ted, he's a good lad narrowing down lists to who Andy fancies and sending her cards XD At first, when I read in this chapter that Snape decided he loved Narcissa, I was like what? Where did Lily went? But as the end neared, I thought it will be fun to watch Rudolphus Crucio him next or whatever he does. Slytherins all the way!

Well, seems like a rambled a bit. Going off to read the next chapter ;)
Guest chapter 31 . 9/3/2017
Beautifully written! Loved every second of reading this article! Thank you so much for writing! This fanfiction almost makes me believe that all of happened as JK would have wanted! Thanks again.
Guest800 chapter 31 . 7/23/2017
Seriously? This was one of the best fanfics I've ever read. I can barely put into words how I feel about this story! You've done a magnificent job in showing us the dynamics of the Black sisters and development of Ted and Andy's relationship. Massive kudos to you, my dear :) it was an amazing ride.
broken heart chapter 4 . 6/7/2017
Oh this is so good even though i feel like crying about Bella and Sirius. I love them so much and I want them to be together forever and Bella thinks so highly of him. This is so sad, but such a great story.
Kels chapter 31 . 5/25/2017
Absolutely loved this story, I wanted it a book so I could just pick it up and read it whenever, amazing writing.
Sarah chapter 31 . 5/8/2017
I have been swallowing these chapters within a week despite school and stress about exams. This have been my excape from reality and I really liked it. The only thing that out me off a bit was the timeline confusion but that is nothing to how well you put this story together.
I hope you see this and that i makes you happy.
Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I am not native English speaking.
UnicornMist chapter 31 . 5/3/2017
Oh wow! I have been meaning to read this for a while and I am so glad that I have although it moved me to tears. In the books, I barely gave Ted Tonks' death a second thought but in reading your story I was very much aware that he was going to die. This was so wonderfully written, I had a real feel for all the characters you spoke of and I liked how you built the story of the war and the Black family's involvement. I wish Alphard left some money for the girls too! Thanks so much for sharing this, it really had me intrigued.
Guest chapter 31 . 4/23/2017
THIS IS AMAZING! So glad I found it, it's so well written and the characters are so beautiful... I don't know what to do with my life now this is over, haha. Just thank you for taking the time to make this masterpiece :)))
Alternatively chapter 31 . 4/13/2017
This is actually canon for me now. This was outstanding. The Black family enthralls me, the story of the First Wizarding War enthralls me, the historical and political issue of magical blood purity enthralls me, and you literally captured this whole dynamic to perfection. You must have done so much research and put so much thought into everything. Thank you so much for writing this story, and all I can say is well done.
I loved everything. There is not one thing I did not love, that did not make me feel something.
I just had to say something to you, to let you know how brilliant this is and how brilliant you are.
Thank you again.
Ohnienna.tumblr chapter 30 . 3/21/2017
Okay so I know this was finished years ago so you'll probably never see this but I LOVED THIS STORY. The writing style was absolutely beautiful. The characters were all so dynamic and their relationships to each other were well rounded and flawlessly written. The last chapter made me cry not just because it was ending but also because it was so BEAUTIFUL! I read this in two days staying up all night to finish it, I couldn't put it down it captured my heart! Thank you so much for writing this and sharing it 3
1,455 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »