Reviews for A Keen Observer
Beautifully written! Loved every second of reading this article! Thank you so much for writing! This fanfiction almost makes me believe that all of happened as JK would have wanted! Thanks again.
Guest800 chapter 31 . 7/23
Seriously? This was one of the best fanfics I've ever read. I can barely put into words how I feel about this story! You've done a magnificent job in showing us the dynamics of the Black sisters and development of Ted and Andy's relationship. Massive kudos to you, my dear :) it was an amazing ride.
broken heart chapter 4 . 6/7
Oh this is so good even though i feel like crying about Bella and Sirius. I love them so much and I want them to be together forever and Bella thinks so highly of him. This is so sad, but such a great story.
Kels chapter 31 . 5/25
Absolutely loved this story, I wanted it a book so I could just pick it up and read it whenever, amazing writing.
Sarah chapter 31 . 5/8
I have been swallowing these chapters within a week despite school and stress about exams. This have been my excape from reality and I really liked it. The only thing that out me off a bit was the timeline confusion but that is nothing to how well you put this story together.
I hope you see this and that i makes you happy.
Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I am not native English speaking.
UnicornMist chapter 31 . 5/3
Oh wow! I have been meaning to read this for a while and I am so glad that I have although it moved me to tears. In the books, I barely gave Ted Tonks' death a second thought but in reading your story I was very much aware that he was going to die. This was so wonderfully written, I had a real feel for all the characters you spoke of and I liked how you built the story of the war and the Black family's involvement. I wish Alphard left some money for the girls too! Thanks so much for sharing this, it really had me intrigued.
THIS IS AMAZING! So glad I found it, it's so well written and the characters are so beautiful... I don't know what to do with my life now this is over, haha. Just thank you for taking the time to make this masterpiece :)))
Alternatively chapter 31 . 4/13
This is actually canon for me now. This was outstanding. The Black family enthralls me, the story of the First Wizarding War enthralls me, the historical and political issue of magical blood purity enthralls me, and you literally captured this whole dynamic to perfection. You must have done so much research and put so much thought into everything. Thank you so much for writing this story, and all I can say is well done.
I loved everything. There is not one thing I did not love, that did not make me feel something.
I just had to say something to you, to let you know how brilliant this is and how brilliant you are.
Thank you again.
Ohnienna.tumblr chapter 30 . 3/21
Okay so I know this was finished years ago so you'll probably never see this but I LOVED THIS STORY. The writing style was absolutely beautiful. The characters were all so dynamic and their relationships to each other were well rounded and flawlessly written. The last chapter made me cry not just because it was ending but also because it was so BEAUTIFUL! I read this in two days staying up all night to finish it, I couldn't put it down it captured my heart! Thank you so much for writing this and sharing it 3
Jenna chapter 31 . 3/18
That was AMAZING! Definitely the best fic I've ever read. You are so talented!
dreamflower02 chapter 31 . 3/9
I came to this story through a rec in a mainstream blog, and I'm so glad I found it!

It's truly what the last chapter says: Epic.

I 'd never given much thought to Andromeda before she was Tonks' mother and Teddy's grandmother, but your idea of her years at Hogwarts is brilliantly done, and now your fanfic has become my headcanon.

I especially love your portrayal of the sisters and their world; the Blacks are such a tragic family.

I wonder if in later year years, when Andy becomes a Healer, and has become familiar with the Muggle world of her husband, she doesn't look back on her older sister, and think of words to label her; "sociopath" and "bi-polar" come to mind, through your descriptions of her behavior. Am I just reading things into it, or did you intend to hint at it?

Thank you so much for sharing this story. I've read it straight through, and now it's 1:00am. Good night!
gingervelvet chapter 31 . 2/22
Epic, is right! I can't believe that's what you titled this last chapter because it's just so.. /fitting/. This fic was just a crazy, wonderful ride all the way to the end, thank you.
Andromeda and Bellatrix's relationship was handsdown my favorite aspect. The disintegration of their bonds was a slow but inevitable progress given the circumstances with Voldemort and the whole war. And speaking of the war, the way you wrote about it really screams BLACK FAMILY (like what Andy said in chapter 1) because it's always lurking in the background but it doesn't really /hit/ them until the later chapters and uGH EVERYTHIN G HURTS
Ok, I know this is an Andromeda x Ted story but I keep thinking about the Black sisters and jesus, this is canon for me now. JK Rowling never went in depth with them anyway so we're good!
Nike R A chapter 31 . 2/19
I have just read your story, and have looked into some of your other ones, and I am highly impressed. Your writing style is beautiful. What stood out to me here is how well you wrote Bellatrix and her dark transformation. It wasn't like one moment she was sweet and innocent and then BOOM she was Bellatrix Lestrange. It was a gradual process; so well written that never was I hit with the feeling of "oh Bella's new behavior seems out of character for your story" but when you look at the piece as a whole you can see how much she's truly transformed from start to finish, in a way that as you were going along in the story it seemed perfectly natural. Amazing job, on Bella, as well as the rest of your characters. I loved every single chapter of this fanfic.
Kitty Milvus chapter 31 . 2/15
This is a very brilliant story, and provides great insights into life in the Marauder Era. You have managed to capture everything that makes Harry Potter wonderful, and combined it with your own unique magic.

I also loved the way that you chose a Slytherin and a Ravenclaw as two of the main characters. Slytherins are so often portrayed as evil, and Ravenclaws are noticed so very little, and it was incredibly refreshing to have a story that wasn't the usual Gryffindor vs Slytherin suddenly falls in love.

The plot line progressed very naturally and it never seemed forced. The dynamics between the sisters evolved slowly, which I really enjoyed- credit to your brilliant writing!

Finally, this fanfic is SO much better than the Cursed Child. That isn't much of a compliment, I know, but I had to say it. Cursed Child is an awful, fanciful fanfic riddled with plot holes. This is a brilliant, believable fanfic that fills in many plot holes.
*rereading this. Your writing is brilliant. No praise is high enough. Thank you for sharing your gift.
1,449 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »