Reviews for A Keen Observer
XxSupernatural.lovexX chapter 25 . 8/12
Lol I love it when these teachers keep catching them together. very emotionally driven chapter love it
MarieCarro chapter 31 . 8/1
This was epic and I just had to leave a comment to tell you how much I absolutely LOVED this story! Thank you for writing it!
petitecanard chapter 31 . 5/6
I keep coming back to reread this story bc it's just that good. Definitely one of my favorite fics
Omg i really loved this fic although i knew u wont get to tonks (nymphadora) i wanted to hear about her and why they hadnt got 4 children
KingTJStevens chapter 31 . 2/23
This was really good! I really like the way you portrayed the family dynamic between the sisters and even with Sirius/Regulus.
Klaelman chapter 31 . 2/22
Just reread this for the first time in a few years. So beautiful. Thanks for writing it.
booksareourlove chapter 31 . 1/3
This.
How do I even begin?
I finished this weeks ago. To be honest, I finished it within days of a friend recommending it to me. (I'm not around a lot on ffn, so I'm not sure how to review things, bear with me.) I fell in love with this. With Andromeda, with Bella, with Cissy, with the kids of the pureblood families who grew up to be killers. Because damn. This work is a piece of art, and it's so full of feelings my heart feels like bursting.
So this. The kind of melancholy you write that perfectly fits the first person narrative, the "looking back, this was the last time we were truly okay" moments that broke my heart and made me cry and question life itself, the beauty of the world you created here. I love it.
Growing up is hard, and growing up to learn that you don't believe what your family and loved ones believe is heartbreaking. All of this. How Andromeda loved and was loved but in the end she still had to run away, was still disowned, had to chose a side in a war she never wanted, and that according to canon her only daughter dies in that war, was entirely heartbreaking and a story I'll hold dear to my heart forever.
I love every word of this, I want to hug almost every character, all of these kids. I want to scream and punch Dumbledore in the face, because all this time, all these 50 or so years he was headmaster, his students only learned magic to then fight each other, the childhood rivalries of the four houses turning to deadly battles, and Dumbledore encouraged it all.
Andromeda deserved better. She deserved a life with her sisters, she deserved both her sisters and Ted, and all the other Slytherins didn't deserve to be dragged into something they had no way of understanding.
I think I'd reread this right now if I didn't think I'm going to cry as soon as I try. I just reread the last letters Andromeda wites to her sisters and Reg - and damn, that hurt a lot.
Thank you.
Thank you for these beautiful words and the tears and the heartbreaking story about love and life and family. Whatever you do in your life, please never stop writing because this, these words, are so good and powerful and amazing. I'm now not sure what else to say, as I'm nearly crying thinking about A Keen Observer, so - thank you.
Thank you for this.
The Goode Ravenclaw chapter 7 . 12/9/2018
wait... I'm just now realizeing how these timelines dont match up. Tonks was born when the marauders and co. we in their first year...
Guest chapter 13 . 12/9/2018
I love this story, I’ve read it over and over ever since I discovered it 2 years ago, and it’s become cannon to me. I really wish that it were actually a book, because it reads like a novel.
I love the fact that you put Ted in Ravenclaw, instead of Hufflepuff, it’s so different than all the other fanfics out there, and it’s nice to see an actual Ravenclaw as a main character for once. His and Andromeda’s relationship is amazing, I love the slow burn between them, the friendship that the love stems from is just so believable.
Andromeda is my favorite character in Harry Potter now, simply because of a keen observer. I like that you give a different look on Slytherins, and Andy is a fantastic reminder that not all Slytherins are evil.

Thank you for writing this, it’s truly one of the best fan fictions out on the internet.
Grayce chapter 31 . 11/26/2018
Wow! This story was so well-written and had me fully invested. Loved it from beginning to end. Well done. Very well done. 3
pixieliciousnipp chapter 14 . 11/24/2018
I'm re-reading this and just have to say I'm so happy I am because it's blowing my mind all over agin. This is such a well-written fic and your fluff and fluff-preventing plot, charactarisation etc are all brilliant.
iceflower333 chapter 31 . 11/19/2018
Thank you so much for this wonderful story about the ancient Black family ;) I really liked your description of the Black sisters as well as Sirius and other characters! It was also nice to see some other interesting Slytherin characters - I hate it when people describe every Slytherin person as pure evil. I'm going to look at some other stories at your profile :)
BeautifullyTwistd chapter 31 . 11/12/2018
WOW. That was absolutely everything and more than I imagined it would be. I have always wanted to read or maybe even one day write a Black sisters fic, and that seriously blew my whole conception of what it would be like out of this world. That was amazing! Thank you so much for writing it so well and doing this story and all the characters the justice they deserved. This has hands down become one of my all time favourite fics Ive read in the 13 years of my time reading HP fan fiction. Thank you.
BeautifullyTwistd chapter 29 . 11/12/2018
Great chapter!
BeautifullyTwistd chapter 26 . 11/12/2018
You fit so much into one chapter, but it all works together so well. I hate that I'm getting closer to the end.
1,495 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »