Reviews for Love Thy Enemy
jennlynnfs chapter 20 . 7/10
Marking this as complete is a bit deceiving especially when an epilogue was promised. I wouldn’t have read it otherwise—real life happens and this is just fanfic, so I understand once you posted the final chapter, you probably moved on, but I really got invested in this story and the characters and would’ve liked to see how some of the loose ends got tied up.

I would’ve liked to see if the Elites would have forgiven Katara or just acknowledge what she did for Zuko but most likely not trust her again. I also would’ve liked to see if Emperor Zuko would’ve been able to bring peace to the world—would it have started at Kyoshi Island? Or would he go back to world domination? And how will Suki and Sokka carry on, knowing they were betrayed? And Suya—How will she become the Avatar if there’s no airbender? And of course, I would’ve liked to see if things between Zuko and Katara work out. I’m not saying happily ever after kind of thing, but at the very least a less troubled ending then in their previous lives? (I didn’t read the previous story, based on the comments, I don’t think I would’ve been able to handle some of the content.) I could see them trying to work through their differences and working for a common goal and at the same time, trying to sort through their history. Not necessarily romantic (not at first anyway), but more like two people who’ve connected in a tenuous way who are surprised at how much they care about the other person. (They seemed to read that way for me at the end of this chapter.)

Anyway, you wrote this over ten years ago, and from your A/N I got the impression you were maybe in HS? That’s pretty amazing! This is written so well and really well thought out. Despite feeling a bit let down at no Epilogue, I did enjoy the story very much.

I went ahead and Favorited this story in the off chance the Epilogue might be posted. Good luck to you! And thank you for sharing this story.
Sitkah chapter 20 . 6/20
you cant you cant you cant just write a story, deop it here and blow people's minds and then go and not finish it! I have been craving Zutara since the 5th chapter but 15 chapters later I still havent gotten anything substantial!
Also, you really should explain what happened in the original timeline, because while you made me cry with the flashback 107% of the time, I still dont know what really happened... I'm sobbing right now, I hope you are proud.
ReDEAR chapter 20 . 6/7
You said you only ha the epilogue left. And you didn't finish it. I know it's been like twelve years, but I've deducted a lot of time to read this amazing story, and was hoping you could just write that last chapter. Please.
Liz Ben chapter 20 . 5/11
loved this story. so sad to see it end. beautifully written. thank you for sharing your talent with us.
Blouta chapter 19 . 5/4
This remains my favorite Zutara. I don’t usually like plots that diverge from the original this much, but this is so well written. I love your original characters and I love the interaction between Zuko and katara. I’ve read it at least five times since I discovered it many years ago. I check back in from time to time to see if the epilogue has been written and I’m always sad to find it hasn’t. Life gets busy and that’s totally understandable. Hope all is well and that life is treating you wonderfully. Thanks for gifting us with this treasure.
M-useless100 chapter 20 . 4/24
Things to do before I die:
- visit every continent
- read the Epilogue to my fave fanfic Love Thy Enemy
- own 50 dogs
- read the Epilogue to my fave fanfic Love Thy Enemy
- Live on the beach
- read the Epilogue to my fave fanfic Love Thy Enemy...

You get the picture ;-)
Luna chapter 20 . 4/4
*Jepordy Theme plays*
Waiting waiting waiting wait
Waiting waiting waiting for that
Ep I logue
Da da da da dum dum dum!
Please Epilogue!
Kaytob chapter 20 . 3/26
I'm so deeply disappointed... I want that epilogue
Kaytob chapter 20 . 3/26
Well I loved this story. Until I realized that you never posted the epilogue.
Luna chapter 12 . 3/22
I loved Phantom of the Opera! That song fits!
ASDFGHJKL1234 chapter 20 . 1/10
WHERE IS THE EPILOGUE! INHAVE NO GIVEN UP HOPE THAT YOU WILL RISE AND BLESS US WITH A KISS
Eliareya Huyo chapter 1 . 12/29/2017
Hello!Dear Genius Author of Love thy Enemy would you please finsh the story!
A Fan chapter 20 . 12/27/2017
Still awaiting the epilogue for this perfect fic.
ItStartsWithZ chapter 20 . 12/10/2017
you writr so well! one of my favorite ATLA fics out here. i hope you are doing well in RL, and hope to read the epilogue soonKudos for this!
Ellce chapter 20 . 10/1/2017
This review has some tough love in it. There are things within your story that bother me a lot because the plot holes are so large. Primarily the whole reincarnation trope. It really doesn't make much sense, how simultaneously all the characters have the same name yet aren't the same people. I mean why would the Mistress even keep or name them Katara and Sokka if she knew that a waterbender named Katara once married a prince named Zuko, and wanted this AUs Katara to Kill Zuko II. Also, the time line was poorly shown, and you missed so many great opportunities for the reader to develop more emotional attachment to the characters. And though I understand why they are OOC, this is a Zutara fic in most readers minds, and even in the beginning they are nothing like the canon. I also wish you would have incoorporated Katara's waterbending more. It was kinda forgotten about at times, like you didn't even mention it as a possiblity in the chapter where she almost fell down in the river. And though I personally feel that there were times when you could have sped the story up (zutara moments) there were other times when I wished you would give us more, like previously stated you missed some really good character development (deeper conversations between Zuko and Katara in his prison cell is just one ecample). Then when the fire nation attacks the island you made it seem at least, like they hadn't really prepared for the attack, even though you even said through Suki that she knew it was a matter of when. They should have spent all that time building defenses and strategizing. My last negative before the positive, I wish you were more clear with your subtle plot points. Like with the reincarnation thing, I wouldn't of figured it out had you not said. THE GOOD PART: You had a really great story line, the Katara assassin trope is what made me stick with this story, and your writing style is for the most part really good. I liked the plot progression (besides the lack of zutara) and am happyish with the ending. Though you never posted the epilogue! which I consider cruel and unusual punishment. Okay, sorry for ranting. I hope you can, if you still write and read this, somehow use it to improve your writing.
1,985 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »