Reviews for Love Thy Enemy
Luna chapter 12 . 13h
I loved Phantom of the Opera! That song fits!
ASDFGHJKL1234 chapter 20 . 1/10
Eliareya Huyo chapter 1 . 12/29/2017
Hello!Dear Genius Author of Love thy Enemy would you please finsh the story!
A Fan chapter 20 . 12/27/2017
Still awaiting the epilogue for this perfect fic.
ItStartsWithZ chapter 20 . 12/10/2017
you writr so well! one of my favorite ATLA fics out here. i hope you are doing well in RL, and hope to read the epilogue soonKudos for this!
Ellce chapter 20 . 10/1/2017
This review has some tough love in it. There are things within your story that bother me a lot because the plot holes are so large. Primarily the whole reincarnation trope. It really doesn't make much sense, how simultaneously all the characters have the same name yet aren't the same people. I mean why would the Mistress even keep or name them Katara and Sokka if she knew that a waterbender named Katara once married a prince named Zuko, and wanted this AUs Katara to Kill Zuko II. Also, the time line was poorly shown, and you missed so many great opportunities for the reader to develop more emotional attachment to the characters. And though I understand why they are OOC, this is a Zutara fic in most readers minds, and even in the beginning they are nothing like the canon. I also wish you would have incoorporated Katara's waterbending more. It was kinda forgotten about at times, like you didn't even mention it as a possiblity in the chapter where she almost fell down in the river. And though I personally feel that there were times when you could have sped the story up (zutara moments) there were other times when I wished you would give us more, like previously stated you missed some really good character development (deeper conversations between Zuko and Katara in his prison cell is just one ecample). Then when the fire nation attacks the island you made it seem at least, like they hadn't really prepared for the attack, even though you even said through Suki that she knew it was a matter of when. They should have spent all that time building defenses and strategizing. My last negative before the positive, I wish you were more clear with your subtle plot points. Like with the reincarnation thing, I wouldn't of figured it out had you not said. THE GOOD PART: You had a really great story line, the Katara assassin trope is what made me stick with this story, and your writing style is for the most part really good. I liked the plot progression (besides the lack of zutara) and am happyish with the ending. Though you never posted the epilogue! which I consider cruel and unusual punishment. Okay, sorry for ranting. I hope you can, if you still write and read this, somehow use it to improve your writing.
Caranora chapter 20 . 9/28/2017
I was reading a fic recently in a completely separate fandom and it somehow reminded me of this fic. It has been more than ten years since you posted this last chapter, and honestly, I enjoyed it this go around as much as I did the first time reading. I probably read this at least four times in the five years after you posted it, each time hoping to see a surprise epilogue at the end! Re-reading it, it kind of reminds me of the Hunger Games, so the fact that you couldn't get a movie deal out of this is ridiculous. (Not accusing Collins of anything but I mean hers wasn't published until 2008...just saying haha) I'm not sure if you're ever on this account still, but I wanted to thank you for posting this story. The fact that I can pull up a fic that I LOVED when I was 12 and still end up loving it at 23 is mind-blowing, but I think is speaks to how cool this story was and how unique the plot was.
ThePaleLady chapter 20 . 9/2/2017
Okay, so I just finished this for the second time and I think I've enjoyed it even more than the first time. Your writing is well timed, realistic and poetic. Really above and beyond most FF's. I would put it up there with Tempest in a Teacup, Days without Rain and Dangerous Ground. Though sometimes I find yours to be the most creative at some points since you came up with a really alternative storyline. A few times I even got chills. Just as an example, I read the part of Ch 20 where Katara frees Zuko until when Zhao captures her and she learns about her "mothers" betrayal all while listening to "Decision" from Mulan. It was beautiful. Thank you for that.
Though I think myself and many others would LOVE you to gift us with the final page of this story it's still an interesting ending. But even if it takes years more for a quality epilogue I would still be happy though I would actually prefer something else over a standard epilogue. My request is perhaps greater, I would actually love to read about the young avatar Suyan's life and what unfolded after LTE the prologue of that story composing LTE's epilogue. I think that would be really interesting maybe seeing Katara training Suyan. Maybe even being Zuko's Lutenant after Ensei passes away. Heck, she could have even fallen in love with Ensei or one of Hiro's other brothers (I had a soft spot for him) and had a totally platonic relationship with Zuko. I just would want closure of their reincarnation situation, them forgiving each other and hugging for example. Just picturing her standing by the side in black clothing ready to protect her friend makes me smile on the inside. It wouldn't even have to be a very long story, short and sweet is also good. Heck if you don't want to write it I'd be willing to write it for you. Even if you don't do either I still appreciate this story fully.
To quote LTE, "I can wait for you." :)
Guest chapter 4 . 8/14/2017
Did you know that Firelord Ozai is played by Mark Hamill, AKA Luke Skywalker? Like really did turn to the Dark Side!
T.M.Angelo chapter 20 . 7/28/2017
Great fic. This was a joy to read! Will you still be putting up the epilogue to this?
Guest chapter 5 . 6/12/2017
Oh jeez, this is very bad for Katara. If Zuko finds out, I can't see him forgiving her, no matter how close they become...
Guest chapter 4 . 6/12/2017
Awesome chapter! I'm really enjoying this story so far! :)
Guest chapter 3 . 6/12/2017
Lovely chapter! :)
Guest chapter 2 . 6/12/2017
Oh, they've been reincarnated! That makes sense. Katara is definitely different in this universe. Does that mean that canon never happened? Or did it, and the Fire Nation conquered the world again?
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2017
Whoa, interesting universe...I'm excited to read more! :)
1,976 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »