Reviews for Come Away
writeonkate chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I've read a lot of Narnia Fanfic in my time, and this is by far one of the best examples of it I have ever had the pleasure to read. Thank you so much for this wonderful insight into these two characters- I enjoyed it most thoroughly.

~Kate
Metonomia chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Not strictly canon, perhaps, but evermore to be a part of MY canon! I feel extraordinarily blessed to be reading your work - this is beautiful, lyrical; a complete story told in a short and lovely space. I really love this image of Rabadash and Susan, with her really, truly liking him, but knowing that she cannot leave Narnia, and Rabadash seeming so honestly adoring of her. He is the tempter here, yes, but in a much less slimy way than he is presented in The Horse and His Boy, and I just love it!

You have a very classical-Romance style, and I just absolutely adore it! Once again, thank you so much for writing!
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Exquisite, really, just a work of art. I can't possibly try to praise the writing because it's so far out of my own league. I love everything about this piece. It's such a perfect duet between the two of them that I can't even begin to pick a favorite line. I do like Susan's evolving addresses, from 'my lord' to 'my friend' to 'my dear', and that Rabadash's tone subtly shifts from tempting to demanding, increasing the number of first-person pronouns in each verse. The writing here really is mind-blowingly awesome; everything from the rhythm to the imagery was flawless. This was truly remarkable.
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Very nicely done. You've probably read the book by now if not go read it NOW!. I don't know much about poetry but it was an enjoyable read and it seemed in character.
staysweet1214 chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
It's ok...I really enjoyed reading this! You're amazing you know! ) I love your of style of writing!

God bless!
Living in Time chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
Wow, I ended up really liking this. You have a knack for ancient, beautiful language, which I have to admit I definitely have a soft spot for. Wonderfully done!

~KP
Andi Horton chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
You have a wonderful skill for verse; I enjoyed this immensely. Although I thought Rabadash was a little more persuasive than we knew him to be in the book, we did learn he was quite a charmer while he was still in Narnia, so it's entirely possible that an exhange like this took place. I love how Susan has lost her heart to her kingdom, and I got so caught up in the drama of it all.

"For I have witnessed death defied/And heard a lion's roar"

Gorgeous. Her rebuttal rings so true and I love her all the more for it.
Clarity Light chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Thank you for that creative little work. Yes, Rabadash would almost be a likeable character if only he wasn't so selfish and evil. After all, you have to give him credit for loving Susan. I think you expressed their respective feelings quite well. Good job.
Nothanksnoname chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
I think it's good. Good rhymes, the spirit of the thing is good, especially since he hardly ever says one word about her PERSONALITY. That's very Rabadash.

Bravo.
Morvana Du'Miruvor chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
kinda sweet! I sent you an email, clearing a few things up. Anyway, good job and keep up the good work.
Eilwyn chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
This is wonderful. I really enjoy it - you captured the spirit of the book. I thought the way Rabadash was trying to persuade Susan to leave Narnia compliments the book. As far as the poetry details, I don't know enough to provide any good feedback but I'm impressed.
WillowTree91 chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Amazing! I love the idea, and the product is even better! Please keep writing!
217896 chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Very well done! This poem [song?] reads quite excellently - you have a fine sense of rhythm. Two things:

In my opinion, "I’d teach you as we rode" in the third stanza doesn't belong there. That line seems to jar the rhythm a little. Maybe it's that the idea of riding doesn't fit with the content of the rest of the stanza, so it... stalls. I don't know how else to describe it. And... I don't really have a suggestion to replace it.

"Will I not lose my throne?" in the last stanza - this makes it sound like Susan really cares about the power she holds as Queen. We know she's not that kinda gal.

Overall, beautiful piece. Cheers, and keep writing!
Vaneria Potter chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
Very, very good!

I tend more toward different styles of poetry, at least in writing, but this one was amazing.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
That was interesting. I've read all the books and your poem fits in nicely with that story arc. Please keep writing.