Reviews for It Had to be Me
ulyferal chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
What a beautiful bit of insight. I thought there was more to Snape. This is the kind of writing I enjoy from you, intense and to the point and saying so much in a few words. Great work!
unlikely2 chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Well though out and clearly expressed. Your characters seem 'right'. In short, well written.
humhallelujah chapter 2 . 7/19/2005
I think it would be better as a one-shot, but if you want to continue, be my guest. It's really good, I loved the first chapter. You really put a different perspective on the "I HATE SNAPE" stereotype that's going on after HbP, and I assume that that was your objective. Good job.
Sindie chapter 2 . 7/19/2005
Bravo! Keep it coming!
tenshijaki chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
omg - so right... i dont think snape is evil - i mean think about it - would mr-i'm-a-hot-and-powerful-old-wizard dumbledore really be begging on his knees for snape to spare him? no - he was begging for snape to spare draco! he knew he was dying and he went out helping a student - just like poor dumbledore. but now poor severus is villianized... write more pro-snape pieces - let people know the truth! hehe - i'm a wee bit of a snape fan obviously.
Liriel Viridian chapter 2 . 7/19/2005
I've just fifnished Half-Blood Prince, and I just couldn't believe that one of my favorite characters is a completely bad guy. So thank you for greying him up a bit, and doing it with style, too.
Eagle-Eyes chapter 2 . 7/19/2005
you've added twists - I like twists - as long as the questions you raise eventually get answered. Which means, of course, that I'd like you to continue this story line.
Eagle-Eyes chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
I have to agree with you that Snape was acting under Dumbledore's orders. I can't believe that Dumbledore had been fooled for more than 15 years. He had always said, "I trust him." He refused to say more. I have to believe that under that cruel exterior and behind those damnable words, Severus Snape is human with feelings of deep regret for what he was forced to do.
Kari chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
One of the best post-HBP fics I've seen so far. Hope you keep it going.
Sindie chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
You've got it right. I agree totally with you. Good fic. :)
Ann of Midnight chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
Ack! We pretty much thought and wrote the same thing. Great minds I guess? I liked yours also.
Zaeria chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
Me HBP Multiple heart attacks by the time I'd finished the last few chapters. I couldn't stop squeaking (yes, *squeaking*) in disbelief as Snape cast the curse. I like the fact that you've written Snape so well; he *fits* canon. And given that Dumbledore (NO! He's *DEAD*?) is... was a manipulative person, I can believe he would've seen his death as that last push Harry needs.

That said, I congratulate you on giving us stricken fanatics a view into Severus Snape's tormented psyche. Kudos to you.
Aiseki Anrui chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
Yay... HBP Snape-ish goodness! Very good fic, and touches on all the right subjects. I really enjoyed it, and its one of the better HBP fics I've seen churning out so far. I always loved Snape because he is one of the most complex characters in the books, and I'm glad you did him justice. Great job, and keep 'em coming. Long Snape, the Half Blood Prince!
JuliatheBedlamite chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
Snape is most definitely not an evil git. He has got to be realy good at heart. If he were not, JK's writing would turn out to be completely inconsistent, just look through all of the rest of the books for evidence. Goblet of Fire: " Snape turned spy for us a little before Voldemorts downfall, at great personal risk" Order of the Pheonix: Remember? Harry cried out to Snape for help and Snape sent the Order to the Department of Mysteries.

He is good.

By the way. I love the style of your writing. It really entrapped me.
AnaSedai chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
Excellent story! I have the distinct impression that yours won't be the last story that exonerates Snape for what he did. As soon as everyone gets over the shock and horror of what happened to Dumbledore, as well as who did it, the analyses will start to flow.

Besides, it's a lot more fun to imagine a Snape conflicted by duty than it is to imagine him as truly evil.