Reviews for Meant to Last
PrettyLilyFlower chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
Brillant, just brillant! I'm a H/Hr shipper too and I was upset by book 6 (as were many other Pumpkineers). This fic is amazing though. Just wonderful. Everyone was in character, said things I would expect them to say, etc. Great story, you are DEFINITELY going on my favs list!
hhrpryd42 chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Love it! Brilliant, as usual. Like other HHr shippers, I was distraught after the disappointment in the sixth book...I just feel like one of my best friends has viciously backstabbed me on my birthday. JKR just let us down, slapped us in the face, and it's hard to get back up again.

But I like it a lot. It makes perfect sense, and fits beautifully. _ Very nice!
Queen Slug chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
. It feels so wonderful to gloat.

But - what is this? An extremely happy Ron/Hermione shipper in this mass of drowned victims of a sunken ship? When does the madness END ! Reading these reviews, apparently, it does not ... muahahaha.

Reading this, it makes me even more happy, if that's possible... heh. By the way, nice writing strategies... yes, of course I have to compliment you on that. Please, I'm not COMPLETELY set on making your lives hell.
Sweet Honey-sempai chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
I found this link through Subtle Signs, and I'm glad I followed it. Good writing, everyone in-character, which is more than I can say for HBP. The Harry/Hermione is just like I imagined it, the way I always wanted it. Good job, and keep it up.
hollyg20 chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
Very cute. I was upset with HBP...as were all H/Hr shippers, but I didn't get furious with JKR like most people did. I still have the hope that she's plotting something like what you've written here...that it was all just a passing storyline making way for the true matches that will come out of the series. There is still hope...after all, Ginny and Harry broke up and Hermione and Ron never actually got together, as you aptly pointed out. Thanks for carrying out a realistic, yet beautifully written story that will always be in the back of my mind - no matter how the seventh book turns out :)
callie chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
wow, i think i need to practice occlumency! the whole h/g and r/hr thing u wrote, was like what was in my head.. wow great :D
Akshara Pradhan chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
highly cute - i love the way u have so rationally figured out a way out of R/Hr :) and into H/Hr. Thanks so much - just the antidote for HBP
Akshara Pradhan chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
nitwitinperil chapter 1 . 7/27/2005

Perfect.

You have made H/Hr shippers everywhere proud.

You have EXACTLY what has been in my head since finishing HBP. H/G and R/Hr were not made to last - they are relationships built on cliches, on lust. Harry and Hermione...True Love, all the way.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so happy that SOMEONE had the courage to write this. I'd been thinking of it, but I knew I didn't have the talent to do it justice. You, darling, have done it perfectly. Thank you.
gauchadeutsche chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
YES! THANK YOU! You put all my thoughts on HBP into one awesome one-shot and I love it! You are now officially my favorite H/Hr author (I love all your other stories, especially Kissing Lessons!) and congratulations on showing that H/HR will never sink!

From a fellow Pumpkineer and proud Ron/Luna shipper (Book Seven - need I say more?)

Alex
shat-ze-fack-ap chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
With brilliant stories like these, who cares that our ship sunk! It's captivating, realistic and very logical. I love it and now I shall add you to my fav author and story list. Absolutely beautiful! You've given us all a silver lining on our grey cloud. .
rockergurl13 chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
this was TOO GREAT! SO going on my favorites list! you summed up EXACTLY 1, how i felt about Hermione in this book, and 2, how she SHOULD'VE acted!
Final Fight chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
The Harry-Hermione pairing will never be gone! Not as long as those who remain are loyal to it!
Angell1 chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
I like it! You've managed to continue the story in a different way (I imagine) from Jk Rowling's, and yet you've made it perfectly plausible and consistent with the characters- the explanations they give make sense as well. I especially like the rationalisation about Ginny and how she didn't insist on staying unlike Ron and Hermione (I never like the whole heroic thing Harry did at the end) and I also love how Hermione apologises for not helping Harry more with Malfoy. I love the reasoning about how she's safest around him too, it's brilliant logic, as well as the imagery about the elaborate puzzle.

btw- I don't remember if I've said this before but it was reading your HGYOA years ago that first got me into fanfiction. ;) Thanks.
escapismandwanderlust chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
If you weren't already on my favorite authors list...you would be now. I loved this story! Amazing work.
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »