Reviews for Still Life with Imperfect Husband
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Ahahha! I like it! I enjoy reading their insults to each other only if I can also read the actual fluffy thoughts behind it.
CrazyPurpleSocks1997 chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I loved it!
JoBee 1 chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Aww. This is cute - and totally like I'd imagined them. (Howl, being seen *without* cosmetics?) lol.
Borrowed Twenties chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Since I've left a review at your other fic, A Woman True and Fair, I thought I'd read your other HMC stories while I was at it.

I think it's marvellous how you can make something magical out of HMC in all of your stories. One of the small qualms I had about DWJ's book was that the ending was a little abrupt and rushed, and I probably felt that because I wanted to know what came next. So it's delightful to find another story from you that describes their marriage. Since Howl/Sophie are happily married, there's a suitable excuse for romance, which was lacking in the original.

I like how you captured their bantering so effortlessly, and the cleverness of the words, the phrasing, everything. Somehow, you've managed to keep it short, sweet and simple, yet turned it into an evocative and magical piece of work. Howl and Sophie are endearing as always here, perhaps even more so, and it's a beautiful story.

I also like how you added the little details here for continuity - about how Calcifer's still around, and he's free to go wherever he pleases, and also how Sophie is still the kind-hearted woman she's always been, concerned about giving logs to Calcifer.

All in all, a great story.
Aran'sApprentice-Meahow chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Such a touching little fic. I like how it's just a moment-just one small moment, barely even that-but it's quite in character. The foghorn insult was appreciated :D and a few other lines made me laugh out loud too.

i guess the concept of this is one of my favorites-it's one of those things that not everyone thinks about, and those are the things that are key to making romance real, at least for me. thanks for the moment, and well-executed!
Ceri Moriarty chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Aw…so cute! Such cute HowlSophie fluffness! 3!
bluestargem chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
The cute banter between them made me smile. Dialogue was wonderfully done :) So adorable and hilarious.
Naria Lacour de Fanel chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Beautiful! Just beautiful! Your style is just like that of Diane Wynn Jones'! That was adorable and funny!
Theonewhostandsout chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This is great!
my name is paper YAH chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
very cute :)
oh-you-pretty-things chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Cute and perfectly characterized. Bravo! :)
Tony WildRiver chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
oh my land! You had my sister and I giggling for quite some time with this one. Tasteful and delicious. A wonderful oneshot and a deserved favorites _
Demented Insane Spirit chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I loved this. It was hilarious, true to their nature in the books. :) Keep it up
Alba Nix chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
This was absolutely perfect! Howl and Sophie are so in character and you made me giggle a lot; now I have a silly smile on my face! I've read "A Woman True and Fair" and loved it, so I wasn't surprised when I realised this was by the same person. I hope you write more of these!
SaoirseSpeir chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
-gigglesnort-

You do the interaction between Howl and Sophie SO WELL, darnit! I congratulate yoo. -throws confetti-