Reviews for Harry Potter and the Quest for a Soul
kelwin chapter 5 . 12/28/2012
good fic just not for me i think.
EmlynMara chapter 14 . 10/29/2012
I like the concept of Hufflepuff's Hill. Nice bit there.
EmlynMara chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
I am surprised at your making Ron Head Boy. That doesn't seem to fit at all. He just doesn't seem to possess HB qualities and certainly doesn't have the academic track record for it. I understand why Harry wouldn't be, but a Ravenclaw, or even a Hufflepuff would make a better HB than Ron.
CPO Backstreet chapter 30 . 10/27/2012
I found this an intriguing read. I'm guessing that instead of writing what you thought was going to happen in Book 7 (much of which people had already guessed or had actually been revealed in interviews) you decided to take the first six books and then come up with your own idea for where it *could* go. It makes for jarring reading in places, with you introducing your own non-canon elements with regards spells and horcruxes and Snape being portrayed as a bog standard henchman, but it also makes it stand out from the pack somewhat. And it's surprising to see in how many places you went in the same direction as DH and in how many you went in completely the opposite direction.
DMacX chapter 29 . 7/4/2012
This end for Voldemort was... unsatisfying.

Other than that, nice story.
smkffnut chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
I know that it's been a long time since you wrote this story, but I hope you are still reading your reviews. I like your perspective on H&G's relationship better than JK's. Now, since the book and the movies are out, we all know that they ended up together and, if you read between the lines, know that they never really broke up at all. I also like the hints that you are giving about R&Hr's budding romance. Thanks for writing!
Loonynamelass chapter 12 . 8/10/2010
"Well," said Hermione rationally, "if he does, he's a much better wizard than any of us thought. No one in the history of Magic has ever figured out a way to break a Truce Spell, and it'd be rather impressive if Malfoy was the first one to pull it off."

And yet Malfoy was the first one to pull off transporting unwanted people into Hogwarts (barring Sirius Black...)

Also, I meant to say this earlier, about Kreacher: How is it possible that he could plot with Draco when he was specifically ordered not to communicate with him in any way whatsoever?

500 grains of rice donated...
Loonynamelass chapter 11 . 8/8/2010
Wouldn't Snape be able to heal himself?

And, yeah, I guess this is probably a story where Snape is evil. But it just makes me so sad anyway...

500 more grains of rice.
Loonynamelass chapter 10 . 8/8/2010
I was going to say: I hope there are complications, because no plan in a good story can survive without complications.

Except if it's an awesome awesome awesome plan like Artemis Fowls' sometimes...

Anyway, you took care of that.

And 500 grains have been donated.
Loonynamelass chapter 7 . 8/8/2010
Man can be substituted for woman, given some information on Dumbledore's sexuality. But that's really not relevant to the value of the lesson, which I did enjoy.

Hm... I do wonder what kind of memory Harry would force upon Voldy... Sirius, perhaps?

Alright, I'll return to read another time. This story is excellent.
Loonynamelass chapter 3 . 8/7/2010
Reading this, knowing what happens in DH at the same time, is really interesting. The similarities- a memorial at Harry's grave, Ravenclaw's heir playing a role in providing a horcrux and the tiny differences- Ron is there, Harry wipes his tears off instead of letting them run freely, finding R. A. B. instead of Ignotus Peverell...

Well, so long. It's too late at night to donate rice- my eyelids are sticking together. So adieu.
Loonynamelass chapter 2 . 8/7/2010
I was going to say, at the start at least, that Harry was being far too perceptive.

But then, I think that's quite balanced out by the way that everyone else's intelligence has increased accordingly! I LOVED that last exchange with Ginny! :) Hey, and there are such things as long-distance relationships, you know. What do you do when your spouse goes on a month-long business trip? Plan a divorce?

Aw shucks, this cheerful message is going to warrant another 500 grains, eh? To bring my total contributions so far up to 2500... Mind, I'm going to reduce to 250 after this.
Loonynamelass chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
McGonagall was spelled wrong... and 500 more grains of rice donated to point that out.
Horacrux777 chapter 3 . 5/22/2010
nice twist on the locket
Ag Surfer chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Obviously this story is already complete, so any comments of mine have to be viewed from that perspective.

I like your writing style. It's mature and complex, and I already know, after just one chapter that I will be reading this through to the end.

Now..this is just a personal point of mine, but I don't really care for seeing the Golden Trio (or any Ministry / Order personnel for that matter) threatening the Dursleys, especially in their own home.

Part of the way I read a fan-fic is to absorb a paragraph or two, then visualize it in my own mind. How would any of us like it if some seventeen year old arrived on our doorstep, shoved a weapon into our faces and told us that they were *going* to be staying in our our homes?

They may be repulsive and repugnant, with no redeeming qualities of their own. They may be small minded, jealous, petty, greedy and flat out poor examples of humanity but Number Four, Privet Drive is the Dursley residence. They have the right to make some decisions about how things go on there.

Please pay more attention to the first part of this commentary, regarding your overall writing style. It's not my way to flame anyone. I thank you for sharing your vision with us all.