Reviews for The Dorsa
bobcox26 chapter 7 . 7/4/2011
this is one of your better stories and I most admit that I really like this one. I have my own dark side, you must have one to because your stories do tend to run dark to very dark. Any thanks ( just that some times your ablity to write really good stories a person can feel what is going on is happening to themselves)
Nogard chapter 7 . 5/15/2010
I enjoyed the feminist bits of this story about rape and its aftermaths, which are well depicted, but I found the characterization and description a bit lacking. Like, when Sanchez rapes Daniel and the description tells you exactly why she's doing it instead of showing her thoughts and leaving the why implied. As they say, "show, don't tell".
Teleri Pendaren chapter 4 . 4/18/2010
Jordie - Since you chose to read a pairing you obviously dislike, AND chose to insult not just the author but all fans of said ship here is my review of YOU as a reader.

Obviously you can't read well, after all you read a ship you didn't like when it is labeled under S/D. Your comprehension is abysmal as well. If you had understood what you were reading you would have noticed this McKay isn't the McKay you know. He has never met Sheppard or been a part of that Atlantis Expedition not to mention the McKay you know isn't military whereas this one is (you can't CM a civi). To top it off, the reference to Kinsey as a friend of his SHOULD have given you a BIG hit as to what kind of character this McKay is.

Also, I don't know this author personally but from her writing (this and previous fic) I can tell the following things about her; she had at the time of writing this fic: issues with men (especially fidelity issues and aggressive sexual behavior), self-esteem issues which she projects onto Sam and most likely a history of date-rape or dubi-consent. Given this I'm sure McKay's attitude in 48 Hours and Redemption hit her like Irresistible did several Atlantis fans. (Or were you just as oblivious to the trigger in that episode as you are in your reading skills?)

Author's past Trigger attitude in McKay introduction military vs civi background Kinsey NOT the McKay you know (even D and S are altered due to author's history - it is not bad characterization just different/reflective of the author's state of mind)

Don't just read, COMPREHEND.
Jordie chapter 4 . 8/25/2009
heh, only a Sam/Daniel shipper (which is as delusional as you can get) would make McKay into a rapist.
sz2000 chapter 7 . 11/16/2007
I love this story. Thank you for making it a Daniel and Sam story.

There were a few spelling and grammar errors. It would have been nice if you would have put in the - when you changed into a new perceptive. Ok, that's all I have to say about that.

Now for the good stuff. I love all the detail and descriptions that you put in. I felt like I was there watching everything unfold, only as an outside person.

It's a great story. I would like to see some more about what happens after they have their child. Thank you for writing a great and interesting story.
Dreamer22 chapter 7 . 10/31/2007
very well done I have greatly enjoyed reading this story
Entropic Cascade chapter 7 . 10/21/2007
Just found this story - fantastic! The way you dealt with the shame both Sam and Daniel felt...I was practically crying...really well done.

I know that Rodney was a jerk when he was in SG1, I didn't like his portrayal in this story purely cos I'm now used to the Rodney McKay in Atlantis

Write more!
anon chapter 7 . 7/7/2007
This amazing little story truly deserves more praise than it's gotten. Thank you for sharing and I hope the nature of the story didn't send you too much flak from the general community
Pagan Twylight chapter 7 . 5/24/2007
Thank you so much for a very good story but also for actually allowing that Sam did care about Martouf and Lantash, and Jolinar and having her name her childen that. It was wonderful to finally see them get some Good recognition.
The Eromancer chapter 4 . 10/3/2006
Ya know, its a fact that women who care less about their appearance while pregnant have a higher average of bearing male babes. I swear to all that's holy and with how many of my aunts have gone threw it just the same way, each one has 2 to 3 kids and this is 3 aunts and one uncle, so should know.

Sam is obviously having a boy, or a girl who'll be very tomboyish. I garotee it.
You Know Her Who chapter 7 . 9/30/2006
I'm too lazy to sign in. *bawls eyes out* So happy.
Lanta chapter 7 . 10/26/2005
Good story, if somewhat - okay, very - disturbing. I'm not at all an SD shipper but I found myself not minding that whilst reading this fic. I do think you should have given Jack and Teal'c more than periphery parts in the story. I love the ending - it's always nice to have a 'happily ever after' type finish, especially when there's babies involved ;)
CynicAlb chapter 7 . 8/22/2005
You're a good story teller, and I really got into the characterizations in spite of the fact that I'm not really a shipper. This was very good, I only have one comment to add to those already posted, as much as I got into the story I found it difficult to stay with it at times with the very large number of typographical errors contain here in. It might sound petty to you but being a writing major, it bugs me that it seems like you don't have enough pride in your writing to proof read very it well. That's a shame, because you have a very vivid imagination and I look forward to reading your other works.
krysalys chapter 7 . 8/20/2005
Good way to work it out. I feel nothing but pity for that broken person who used to be a woman. No matter what pain she caused, she was like a wounded (and maybe even a dying) animal lashing out against those around her.

Sorry, I was a psych major in college, and I got a lot of up close and personal experience with the mentally unwell back then.

This was an excellent story, and I enjoyed the bonding that had happened between Daniel and Sam. The only thing I'd want changed was the obvious lack of Jack and Teal'c in the story. I just know they would've been there all the way for Sam and Daniel. Especially with the whole baby things.

-}-

Krys
krysalys chapter 6 . 8/20/2005
Okay, I just HAVE to say this, even though I know you wrote the final chapter... and I'm sure others have told you this as well. But I can't resist...

After everything that Sanchez did, she's not only going to be court-martialed, she will be charged with murder, attempted murder, and if Daniel was convinced to file charges, rape. She would not only be given a dishonorable discharge, she would have civil charges as well brought up against her. She would be at th e very least given a hefty sentence and would absolutely serve jail time. I don't know if Colorado has the death penalty, but if they did, there's a good chance that Sanchez would get it for murdering a woman's unborn baby.

And since she would be in jail, Sanchez would NOT be allowed custody of her baby once she gave birth. It would be taken into custody by Child Services, and Daniel as well as any other biological family would be approached to determine who was the best candidate for permanent custody. If Sanchez's parents are still alive, then they would also have a claim on the baby, but since Daniel's the biological father, his claim would be stronger. Knowing him, though, he'd make sure that the grandparents would be able to see their grandbaby.

Daniel just seems honorable in that way, no matter what nasty things it would dredge up for him.

Sorry I blathered on about this. After my sister-in-law going through custody battles for her adopted daughter, I'd made it a point to learn as much as I could about the legalities of custody. :)

-}-

Krys, off to read your final chapter
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »