Reviews for A Wartime Necessity
YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 3 . 1/11
This story was short(ihs) and very unique. Something that can't be said because of the massive number of HP stories on Fan Fiction.

The tension between the British and American (and hopefully European) forces is a nice way to vary the angst up and down. The small focus on the Weasley family and the appearance of Dr. Rogue (as in X-men?) with a way to heal the disease (or perhaps it was a treatment since an additional shot would be required semi-regularly) gives another intersting plot point.

When looking at the last update of this story being in 2005 it seems that this story may be on a long term pause (real life and all that) that I hope won't be the final word but even if so then perhaps at some time it could be offered for adoption or some other way of continuing this story line.

All in all, a very nice story with a good start that I hope will be continued.

SteveC.
carick of hunter moon chapter 3 . 6/18/2014
please update this as its has potential to be very very good it is well crafted and has a good story pace the character are well written and the story arc sets up the basic idea nicely plus it different
Hyena-Sennin chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
Awesome, pity, it wasn't updated in the last years ;_;
GryffindorDragon chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
This is a wonderful story, well-written with an interesting storyline (thus far) and good pacing. Where's the rest of it?
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 3 . 10/2/2011
Very good writing. I like the way you imply that Narcissa was 'Crucio'd in order to extract the intel to attack Harry, without spelling it out for us.

I always imagine that magic is something that the US military would have a great interest in, and there would be a fairly large proportion of the small US Wizarding population hired by secret military defense projects and attack forces.

Perhaps it's for the best, but if you have to call in the muggle government, or US troops, magical or mundane, magical Britain has essentially lost the war. (It couldn't happen to a more worthy government, IMHO.) This implies heavy loss of life in the JKR character set, and an very AU or AR fanfic. That can be a good read, but appeals to a smaller audience.

The farther you get from JKR's plot line, the more you need a strong outline or timeline to keep you going. The reason there are so many unfinished fanfics is that the author just started writing from a canon takeoff point without thinking adequately about the sequence of events after the break from canon events.
dave-gerecke chapter 3 . 1/28/2008
Interesting.

Hope you continue with this.

dave
MariusIoannesP chapter 3 . 12/28/2006
The best thing I like about this story is that once again, America has to save Britain's butt from the fire. Since this story was written by an American and J. K. Rowling is British and gives jack squat about America except for the royalty checks (Please excuse the harshness), I like this story's perspective as I am also American. I also noticed the parallels between the war with Voldemort and World War II. I also enjoyed the fact that an American who saves Harry and the wizards imprisoned at the internment camp from almost authoritarian British officials. This story also brings up the merging of the Muggle and Wizarding worlds which I had an idea about once and find fascinating. I wonder if J. K. Rowling is working up to something like that based on Chapter 1 of Half Blood Prince. Either way, I thought this story was pretty good and hope that it is finished soon.
derangedfangirl chapter 3 . 11/7/2006
I don't have enough time to write a proper review unfortunately, but lets suffice to say that your writing is REALLY good. I definately look forward to reading more!
Rhiannon Merdon chapter 2 . 6/29/2006
Hooray for Americans - we get right to an answer. Don't sit around all day talking! Where ARE the American wizards?

Technology Magic answer to everything. Including lycantyhropy.
Rhiannon Merdon chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
The true political background behind Harry Potter as presented by Andrew Talon is a scary thing. Probably better for all those kids who read it to stick with the less-scary (less-realistic?) version ala JK Rowling...Should have guessed you'd turn it into a political story, with mandatory enlistment of 'foreigners'. I'll keep reading now, and keep my mouth shut.
Senda Kenobi chapter 3 . 3/22/2006
I hope you will continue with this story. It is well written and the plot is quite fascinating.
vic chapter 3 . 8/19/2005
i like it, but i don't quite get it. i hope the next chapter explains a lot. ron should be a covert-op agent. flying a jet won't work for him
oblivionknight7 chapter 3 . 8/2/2005
update!
racle chapter 3 . 8/2/2005
You have very vivid imagery and you obviously did your homework with the ship names. But there can't be that many wizards, can there? If there are only three Wizard schools in all of Wizarding Europe, then that would indicate a pretty small population, especially since Hogwarts seems to have less than 500 students.

Where are the "millions" of wizards coming from? I doubt Voldemort knows enough science to have access to cloning chambers...
Rohan Bernett chapter 2 . 7/26/2005
Keep going! Keep going! This is good!

Loved the bit with Remus and Tonks. Very funny! :-)