Reviews for A Wartime Necessity
Bronze chapter 3 . 8/17/2017
Unfortunately it appears as though your muse deserted you completely on this story. As I write this it's been 12 years since an update was posted. To me that's too bad as I wanted to read how this turned out. The U.S. military has a lot of nasty surprises that they've never said anything about even back then. On YouTube they talk about " Rods from God ". Well who's to say just how long those things've been up there? Anything heavy enough fired down the gravity well that survives reentry is gonna make a hole when it hits. Depending on mass, how big the hole. And no nasty radiation to worry about afterwards either. So if the U.S. military had the tech and got a target lock, say bye bye to whatever it hit. Even a near miss is good with those things! Sure they'd leave a moon sized crater but it would poison land, air or ground water. Now before you go and say I full of it, remember! The Government of the U.S. launched unknown satellites from various military bases as well as the Kennedy Space Center. They said CLASSIFIED to so many launches that I sometimes wonder if they know exactly what they still have up there anymore! Just think of those Rods from God as really big rocks and you'll understand.
RandomIdiot chapter 1 . 5/13/2017
USUK...heheheh (Hetalia).
YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 3 . 1/11/2015
This story was short(ihs) and very unique. Something that can't be said because of the massive number of HP stories on Fan Fiction.

The tension between the British and American (and hopefully European) forces is a nice way to vary the angst up and down. The small focus on the Weasley family and the appearance of Dr. Rogue (as in X-men?) with a way to heal the disease (or perhaps it was a treatment since an additional shot would be required semi-regularly) gives another intersting plot point.

When looking at the last update of this story being in 2005 it seems that this story may be on a long term pause (real life and all that) that I hope won't be the final word but even if so then perhaps at some time it could be offered for adoption or some other way of continuing this story line.

All in all, a very nice story with a good start that I hope will be continued.

SteveC.
carick of hunter moon chapter 3 . 6/18/2014
please update this as its has potential to be very very good it is well crafted and has a good story pace the character are well written and the story arc sets up the basic idea nicely plus it different
Hyena-Sennin chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
Awesome, pity, it wasn't updated in the last years ;_;
GryffindorDragon chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
This is a wonderful story, well-written with an interesting storyline (thus far) and good pacing. Where's the rest of it?
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 3 . 10/2/2011
Very good writing. I like the way you imply that Narcissa was 'Crucio'd in order to extract the intel to attack Harry, without spelling it out for us.

I always imagine that magic is something that the US military would have a great interest in, and there would be a fairly large proportion of the small US Wizarding population hired by secret military defense projects and attack forces.

Perhaps it's for the best, but if you have to call in the muggle government, or US troops, magical or mundane, magical Britain has essentially lost the war. (It couldn't happen to a more worthy government, IMHO.) This implies heavy loss of life in the JKR character set, and an very AU or AR fanfic. That can be a good read, but appeals to a smaller audience.

The farther you get from JKR's plot line, the more you need a strong outline or timeline to keep you going. The reason there are so many unfinished fanfics is that the author just started writing from a canon takeoff point without thinking adequately about the sequence of events after the break from canon events.
dave-gerecke chapter 3 . 1/28/2008
Interesting.

Hope you continue with this.

dave
MariusIoannesP chapter 3 . 12/28/2006
The best thing I like about this story is that once again, America has to save Britain's butt from the fire. Since this story was written by an American and J. K. Rowling is British and gives jack squat about America except for the royalty checks (Please excuse the harshness), I like this story's perspective as I am also American. I also noticed the parallels between the war with Voldemort and World War II. I also enjoyed the fact that an American who saves Harry and the wizards imprisoned at the internment camp from almost authoritarian British officials. This story also brings up the merging of the Muggle and Wizarding worlds which I had an idea about once and find fascinating. I wonder if J. K. Rowling is working up to something like that based on Chapter 1 of Half Blood Prince. Either way, I thought this story was pretty good and hope that it is finished soon.
derangedfangirl chapter 3 . 11/7/2006
I don't have enough time to write a proper review unfortunately, but lets suffice to say that your writing is REALLY good. I definately look forward to reading more!
Rhiannon Merdon chapter 2 . 6/29/2006
Hooray for Americans - we get right to an answer. Don't sit around all day talking! Where ARE the American wizards?

Technology Magic answer to everything. Including lycantyhropy.
Rhiannon Merdon chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
The true political background behind Harry Potter as presented by Andrew Talon is a scary thing. Probably better for all those kids who read it to stick with the less-scary (less-realistic?) version ala JK Rowling...Should have guessed you'd turn it into a political story, with mandatory enlistment of 'foreigners'. I'll keep reading now, and keep my mouth shut.
Senda Kenobi chapter 3 . 3/22/2006
I hope you will continue with this story. It is well written and the plot is quite fascinating.
vic chapter 3 . 8/19/2005
i like it, but i don't quite get it. i hope the next chapter explains a lot. ron should be a covert-op agent. flying a jet won't work for him
oblivionknight7 chapter 3 . 8/2/2005