Reviews for He Didn't Start the Fire
Sque-Fangirl chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
That was very... creative. never really seen something like that, seen something similar though
nellchan0013 chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
I am not ashamed to admit that I sang this song aloud. It was quite entertaining too, especially when my family members popped in my room and told me that i was butchering the lyrics to the song. Doesn't help that we were watching the music video in Euro a few days ago...

You are my hero. It takes a lot of creativity to be able to fit that series into this and make it work, which you did grandly. I'm just awed, to be honest...especially since you made it make sense. That's what's getting to me XD

Thanks for sharing this. It's fantastic.

nellchan
SilverKleptoFox chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
oh my goodness, I;m so putting that to music. Hahaha I love that sonbg, these lyics were amazing! If I ever get it done I'll send you thefile. BTW, i found out you're on Hakubaikou. Which is really weird, because Haikubaikou was the first kenshin site I ever visited and remains my favorie, even thugh it is somewhat dead now. I love concidences like that!

-SKF
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
D

*big silly grin won't wipe off*
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
I don't know the song, but I read this anyway. Last refrain made me smile. A few of the rhymes were a bit forced, but I'm impressed.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
I lvoe this song and your parody amtches the tone perfectly. I even find myself singing your version instead of the real song! This is great, I hope you do more song parodies.
Shauntell chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
LOL! Way too funny! Brilliant!
itsAlana chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
*Laugh* WONDERFUL parody! I love the rewriting of one of my favorite songs, and it's both amusing. and too true. - Fave!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
What a kick! I just read your last two amazing chapters to "Out of Time" and then I peeked in on your newest one-shots. This was so clever and witty. I hope you had as much fun writing it as it was to read! I bet you did because it seems to show through.
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
Ah ha ha! That was incredibly fun! XD I was singing along with the lyrics under my breath as I read along; that song was always one of my favorites.

That was very clever. Thanks so much.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Is there no end to your talent? the master of the art of haiku, author of incredibly good stories and now you go and SURPASS the song-fic genre by summarizing the entire first few seasons of RK in one song. You're amazing!
Sakura's Shadows chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
This story is soo friggin awesome. It was a pretty cool idea. I just love "We Didn't Start the Fire".
lolClaidi chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
wow! this is so el neat-o! i liked this a lots! ahaha. nice job!

-meeh
White Bliss chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
This is really cool! I love that song. We did an analysis on that song one day in class, documenting all the events that happened throughout history. It's very innovative of you to turn it into a RK song. rock on!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
I just love your turns of phrase in this; it's much like your haikus in how you capture someone in just a word or phrase.

But I find especially heart-wrenching the final chorus: "Even Kenshin's learning that / He didn't start the fire". Somehow, for me, this particular lesson, the one where he has to relinquish his burden of complete responsibility for the whole thing, almost for the Bakufu itself, makes my heart go out to this man-before-his-time, this never-was-a-boy.