Reviews for If You Look a Little Closer
Gypsie Rose chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
Very nice! The Stewards' story is so much a tragedy of family. I like the image of them in the portrait, back when they were still happy, and then the sudden sharp contrast with what has happened since. I think this turned out very well.

-Rose
Lilan chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
This is a beautiful piece, MAEday, and deserves a lot more reviews! Just great, and so moving, because of the repetitions, because of addressing your readers and in this way bringing them into the story, because of the variations in the length of sentences, suddenly becoming so short at the tragic finale - oh, that was one of the best stories I have read in a long time.

I probably liked it best of all your stories. Beautiful, sad, colourful - everything. You are great!

Regards,

Lilan
Kaladelia Undomiel chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
Poor Faramir. I like this small little one-shot. U ROCK!

Kalle
Banshee Queen chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Aw this was sweet, the song cleverly thought up.

I have to say I am a little disappointed as you did promise in Remember but every author is different & I can understand the difficulties of having a writers-block etc. Nevertheless I will patiently wait for the story & if you don't publish it then I'll understand.

I'll be honest that maybe this wasn't one of your most expressive or emotionally moving pieces but you portrayed the story of Faramir's life very well without making any of the characters talk. Well done. :)

Banshee Queen.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
This was very sweet and must be so hard for Faramir to be the only survivor of his entire family.

Thank you so much for all your kind reviews of my story.I greatly appreciate them.